Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Mystery Behind Calling Your Children Kids - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mystery Behind Calling Your Children Kids (1541 Views)

Pastor Calling Your Mother Witch In Front Of The Congregation >:( / Explain This Mystery: A Dead Man Sent A Stranger To Deliver A Bag / Stop Calling Your Children Kids! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mystery Behind Calling Your Children Kids by lawrenzoo: 7:27am On Apr 15, 2013
MYSTERY BEHIND CALLING OUR CHILDREN KIDS

Hello All, I'll like to share with us the mysery behind calling our children kids.

In any dictionary, A baby cat is called kitten, a baby cow is called calf, a baby dog is called puppy and so on, what is therefore a KID? A kid is strictly defined in the dictionary as a baby GOAT, even the bible said in 1 sam 10:3, "he said dey'll meet three men going
To Bethel to meet God, One carrying three kids, One carrying three loaves of bread and another carrying a wine" What were they going to do? They were going for a sacrifice using those things, so even the bible reffered to it as GOAT.
Many of us have so much wondered why our children are so stubborn, our tongue is a powerful tool, it can create and change one's destiny. Many of our children are so stubborn that they don't listen, u ask them to stop a particular act and after few seconds of listening, they go back. Many of us thinks its child's behaviour, NO, it's not, it is because many of us call our children bad names that nature impacts on them, eg. YOU , YOU silly BOY, I want to go and pick my KIDS at school. You want to go do what? To go pick baby GOATs at school so they come scatter the aus? Etc. Isa 8:18 says "Behold, I and the CHILDREN whom the Lord hath given are for signs and wonders in Isreal" and he did not say for sacrifices. The bible also said we are Sons and Children of God. So pls brothers and sisters, if u'll agree with me, let's stop reffering to our CHILDREN as kids less they behave like one. What we say with our mouth matters a lot. Your opinions please.
Re: Mystery Behind Calling Your Children Kids by liloelawwal(m): 7:56am On Apr 15, 2013
Bros this is a semantic error,u need to check ur dictionary very well,u wil discover it can be used for both.
Ur children may be sturbborn cos u ve failed in ur duty as a parent.wat of Europian dat name means nothing to them.dnt confuse people pls
Re: Mystery Behind Calling Your Children Kids by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 15, 2013
Good morning Law,

What you have up there is quite an interesting thought which I believe can be correct if viewed from your looking glass. But the truth is, not everyone who calls his/her children kids actually mean that those children are baby goats.

The ish we have is that the English language has developed, such that it now includes a number of homonyms i.e. words that either have the same pronunciation or same spelling but the meanings and origins of the words are different. A classic example would be the word file...

The word 'file' can mean "a folder or box for holding loose papers that are typically arranged in a particular order for easy reference." This came into the English language in the 16th century from the French verb filer, which means to string on a thread.

'File' can also mean "a tool with a roughened surface or surfaces, typically of steel, used for smoothing or shaping a hard material." This gets its name from old English: fil and feol, related to old High German fihala and has its roots in the Greek word: pikros, meaning bitter or sharp.

Though other factors to this exist, one important factor to note is that the English language has been influenced by many other languages over its long history. Words which now look the same might have come from entirely different sources. Some words might have started from the same source but gradually acquired different shades of meaning between, say, the 13th and 16th centuries.

Anyways, the point is, when an individual calls his child, kid, the meaning it adopts has to do with the intent of that individual...if you mean to call your child a baby goat then that is what it will mean for you but on the contrary, if your intent is to refer to your child as a child (that which it is) then the meaning would be far from calling your child a baby goat.

Thank you!
Re: Mystery Behind Calling Your Children Kids by mumumugu(m): 9:39am On Apr 15, 2013
striktlymi: Good morning Law,

What you have up there is quite an interesting thought which I believe can be correct if viewed from your looking glass. But the truth is, not everyone who calls his/her children kids actually mean that those children are baby goats.

The ish we have is that the English language has developed, such that it now includes a number of homonyms i.e. words that either have the same pronunciation or same spelling but the meanings and origins of the words are different. A classic example would be the word file...

The word 'file' can mean "a folder or box for holding loose papers that are typically arranged in a particular order for easy reference." This came into the English language in the 16th century from the French verb filer, which means to string on a thread.

'File' can also mean "a tool with a roughened surface or surfaces, typically of steel, used for smoothing or shaping a hard material." This gets its name from old English: fil and feol, related to old High German fihala and has its roots in the Greek word: pikros, meaning bitter or sharp.

Though other factors to this exist, one important factor to note is that the English language has been influenced by many other languages over its long history. Words which now look the same might have come from entirely different sources. Some words might have started from the same source but gradually acquired different shades of meaning between, say, the 13th and 16th centuries.

Anyways, the point is, when an individual calls his child, kid, the meaning it adopts has to do with the intent of that individual...if you mean to call your child a baby goat then that is what it will mean for you but on the contrary, if your intent is to refer to your child as a child (that which it is) then the meaning would be far from calling your child a baby goat.

Thank you!
english proffesor has spoken

(1) (Reply)

Video: Nigerian Actress Camilla’s Fake Witchcraft Confession At TB Joshua Church / Happy*} Raksha Bandhan 2014 Messages For Brothers / No Buts In The Good News - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.