Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Best City In Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Best City In Nigeria (8243 Views)

A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / What Is The Best City In West Africa To Live In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best City In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 6:47pm On May 19, 2006
larger_20:

Abuja, victorial island and ikoyi

Victoria Island,Ikoyi no be City!!

i think Abuja, the last time i went there it was still bushy though grin but u could see da difference from lagos
Re: Best City In Nigeria by larger20(m): 7:39pm On May 19, 2006
They are not city, is lagos a city? its a state. Everything we are mentioning here is a state. You might as well argue that nigeria does not have any well developed city because the only city I can see in my mind is Onitsha and Aba.
Maybe nnewi might be concidered a city too.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 8:41pm On May 19, 2006
larger_20:

They are not city, is lagos a city? its a state. Everything we are mentioning here is a state. You might as well argue that nigeria does not have any well developed city because the only city I can see in my mind is Onitsha and Aba.
Maybe nnewi might be concidered a city too.

hmm true talk

i think the topic should be Best State undecided
Re: Best City In Nigeria by Hotstepper(f): 9:07pm On May 19, 2006
yea, NNEWI is a city
Re: Best City In Nigeria by dblock(m): 11:06pm On May 20, 2006
I don't get you Lagos is a city and a state. yeah but some people regard the whole of Lagos state as the city I think that should be your argument. Lagos is so big that it has sub cities like vic, ikoyi, surulere.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by 4Play(m): 2:36pm On May 21, 2006
What is all this about Lagos,Abuja and Port Harcourt? None of these compare to Awka where the people are fantastic and the women are the sexiest in the country.

I can't wait to back home.Even London has nothing on Awka
Re: Best City In Nigeria by elphem(m): 10:48am On May 23, 2006
For all ya saying Lagos a city, a state, Lagos is a metropolitan
Re: Best City In Nigeria by dblock(m): 6:12am On May 24, 2006
Manila is also a metroplitan but its still a city. This isn't even what argueing about. Get back on track  grin grin Ibadan is the best
Re: Best City In Nigeria by New(m): 2:15pm On May 24, 2006
Ibadan is usually regarded as the largest village in Africa.

The city of lagos is made up of Lagos island(the business and financial district i.e. Broad street, Marina etc), Ikoyi, V.I., Surulere, Ikeja, and does not include Badagry, Ojo, Lekki and all those far away places.

It like the city of london does not include Barnet, Brixton, but includes Westminster, postcodes EC1, WC1 etc.

I think some of the criteria before a place can be granted city status include population, Cathedral (xtian cities), ease of travel, 'modern' urbanisation etc.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by elphem(m): 2:40pm On May 24, 2006
and then?
Re: Best City In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 2:56pm On May 24, 2006
@ New

going by that definition V.I cannot be granted a city status as its is mainly a residential area nothing of interest there really no history just a new developemnt area

undecided
Re: Best City In Nigeria by New(m): 3:16pm On May 24, 2006
Loverbwoy,

V.I is not a city (and not all of it is new). It is a part of the city of Lagos. Please read my earlier post.

Elphem,

What are you trying to say? (what do you mean by 'and then?') Are you disadvantaged, unable to express yourself or what? please explain.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 3:27pm On May 24, 2006
@ new

i was agreeing with u abi

u too read my earlier post #32
Re: Best City In Nigeria by New(m): 3:45pm On May 24, 2006
loverbwoy,

Pardon me. didn't realise. misread your post
Re: Best City In Nigeria by elphem(m): 4:44pm On May 24, 2006
@ New, You didn't go into any conclusion at all, you just stated those points without giving it a conclusion.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by New(m): 5:16pm On May 24, 2006
elphem:

@ New, You didn't go into any conclusion at all, you just stated those points without giving it a conclusion.

the City of Lagos resides within Lagos State. Like Benin city within Bendel State or Jos in Plateau State.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by elphem(m): 4:01pm On May 31, 2006
Did I hear you say BENDEL?
Re: Best City In Nigeria by OldGlory1(m): 5:08pm On May 31, 2006
Elphem

You know that person has not been back home in Yeeeaaarrrrrrsssssss!!!!!!!

Bendel grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Best City In Nigeria by toshmann(m): 7:58pm On May 31, 2006
New:

the City of Lagos resides within Lagos State. Like Benin city within Bendel State or Jos in Plateau State.

BENDEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin U CAN START COMING HOME grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Best City In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 8:40pm On May 31, 2006
lol y'all better help him i dont think he'll know the way grin grin grin grin
Re: Best City In Nigeria by OldGlory1(m): 9:27pm On May 31, 2006
Our friend "Clueless" here, probably doesn't have any Nigerian friends in the UK anymore. Has a country British Accent and lives in the "White Section" of Britain. Lololololololol If he buys a ticket to Nigeria, he would not know which airport to Land. Lololol. Maybe we should book him to fly from Gatwick and Land in Delta Airport in Asaba State grin grin grin grin
Re: Best City In Nigeria by toshmann(m): 10:06pm On May 31, 2006
hertfordshire!!! that cool rich white zone in england (as i heard). this dude may have been there for nearly 20yrs grin how can he come back now. the dude may even reach ghana and think it's nigeria. grin grin i hope he knows that our capital is now in Abuja grin grin grin grin grin and that we have 36 states grin grin grin i'm sure he doesn't know his state of origin as his village may have been "sent" to another state which he is not familiar with. grin anyway, everly kind nairalanders will always find a way, may be nairaland assistance unit will chartter a plane from hertfordshire to nigerdelta to bring our brother home. guys it's time to help. abeg.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Best City In Nigeria by elphem(m): 11:19am On Jun 01, 2006
I guess that time he will know better cities in Nigeria in its physical realm and not what you read on paper!!!! wink wink wink
Re: Best City In Nigeria by epopupa: 12:38pm On Jun 02, 2006
Lagos would be hard to beat despite the bad vibes. With some spare time, loose change and the desire to move around a bit Lagos is off the charts,

www.wheretogoinlagos.com just tries to paint Lagos in very positives tones.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by toshmann(m): 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2006
hmmmn, so fine places like this dey for naija? pls let us advertise the good side of africa. the western press only shows the bad side. that's why people here think africa is all about diseases, war and poverty.
Re: Best City In Nigeria by dafman(m): 4:44pm On Jun 02, 2006
Jos is a nice city, it's a cool and serene environment and quite neat and orderly too, and it's got a lot of tourist areas. But it can be really boring, nothing seems to happen, it's a place where the old folks should retire to, having stayed in jos for some time Lagos seems stuffy in comparison, it's like there are people everwhere, buildings, buses, all sorts of things, except the highbrow areas. When you take a stroll in Jos the view is picturesque, you'll likely see mountains,trees, rocks, sparse traffic, few people, taking a stroll in lagos is like punishment.

Abuja is a neat and well planned city, but unlike jos the weather is quite hot
Re: Best City In Nigeria by dominobaby(f): 9:34pm On Jun 02, 2006
I guess i'll giv it to calabar, i've heard a lot of gud stuff bout d place. Anoda place is ibadan. Lagos is jst a mad funny place, i like it though
Re: Best City In Nigeria by New(m): 3:53pm On Jun 07, 2006
elphem, Old Glory, toshmann, et al, thanks for taking the piss. (lol) grin Yes, I haven't been home in a while, Yes, I haven't got many Nigerian friends and that is why I am here. Trying to understand and communicate with my sisters and bruvvers. We cool?
Re: Best City In Nigeria by New(m): 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2006
Toshman,

Liverpool for ever
Re: Best City In Nigeria by OldGlory1(m): 4:26pm On Jun 07, 2006
New

Thanks for the laughs though! Well, enjoy home when u visit! grin grin grin
Re: Best City In Nigeria by toshmann(m): 10:29pm On Jun 07, 2006
New:

Toshman,
Liverpool for ever

yeah brother,
the reds for life. we'll never walk alone.
however, try and reach out to your brothers/sisters, we've got a lot of love and warmth to share. the type you can only find in Africans.

cheers
toshmann cool
Re: Best City In Nigeria by dblock(m): 2:55am On Jun 30, 2006
jos boy for life

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Apapa Gridlock Ultimatum: We’re Making Progress, Ensuring Sustainability — FRSC / Cancellation Of Visa At Uk Ports? / It Is Easier To Live In Nigeria Without A Job Than In The Uk. Share Your Views

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.