Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,216 members, 7,842,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

When Will Ecobank Shareholders Get Dividends? - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / When Will Ecobank Shareholders Get Dividends? (10738 Views)

Stock Market Shareholders Lose N108billion To Forex Suspension / Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 / GtBank & First Bank Dividends In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Ecobank Shareholders Get Dividends? by angelo82: 5:42pm On Dec 29, 2014
I bought ETI shares substantially,when I claimed my 5yrs dividend recently then I realized I have been played.....Its nothing to write home compare to First Bank which even without selling the shares,my five years dividend was 67% of money invested.....Just to know ETI 0.4Cents is actually 0.004 and its nothing.....So why holding their shares when is worthless.......Its a no brainer holding ETI shares....

walcolm:
Says who?
Re: When Will Ecobank Shareholders Get Dividends? by walcolm(m): 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2014
if you're buying shares for dividend payments only...then you're not ready for real investment...the question is, how much did you pay for the shares and how much are they worth now? plain and simple
Re: When Will Ecobank Shareholders Get Dividends? by atilla(m): 6:26pm On Dec 29, 2014
phemmie06:
Though I did not get my warrant as well but was told it can be cashed at any ecobank branch.

I received two warrants the first on I can't find anymore the second on tore. Before I lost the first one I tried to cash in my dom account I was told if I pay in the cheque I would be charged 30dollars for clearing so it wasn't worth payin the cheque since it was about 37 dollars.

Hey guys how true is the quote above? Has any one been able to successfully cash their dividend warrants.
The registrars don't have a website for me to even get more info.
Re: When Will Ecobank Shareholders Get Dividends? by atilla(m): 6:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
angelo82:
I bought ETI shares substantially,when I claimed my 5yrs dividend recently then I realized I have been played.....Its nothing to write home compare to First Bank which even without selling the shares,my five years dividend was 67% of money invested.....Just to know ETI 0.4Cents is actually 0.004 and its nothing.....So why holding their shares when is worthless.......Its a no brainer holding ETI shares....

Hi Angelo

How did u claim your dividends? Any way to get to registrars website
Re: When Will Ecobank Shareholders Get Dividends? by angelo82: 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
I mailed them and the form was sent to me via email....Some registrars accepts scanned documents but First Registrars wants the originals sent to them....I filled the e-dividend form,also a request letter asking them to pay my unclaimed dividend to my account in the e-dividend form....You must stamp the e-dividend form both signature/passport photograph......I sent them to my Brother and he stamped the forms with an authorization letter from me and he sent to First Registrars....Then they will accept it and within two weeks,I was paid.....African Prudential also accepted scanned documents.....Tell me the shares and I can look up for their registrars......

atilla:

Hi Angelo

Re: When Will Ecobank Shareholders Get Dividends? by walcolm(m): 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
atilla:

Hi Angelo

please note that First registrar is not the registrar to Ecobank, ETI or Oceanic banks

EDC located at Onipan Lagos is the registrar and you can go to them for your account reconciliation and outstanding dividend warrants
Re: When Will Ecobank Shareholders Get Dividends? by walcolm(m): 6:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
atilla:

I received two warrants the first on I can't find anymore the second on tore. Before I lost the first one I tried to cash in my dom account I was told if I pay in the cheque I would be charged 30dollars for clearing so it wasn't worth payin the cheque since it was about 37 dollars.

Hey guys how true is the quote above? Has any one been able to successfully cash their dividend warrants.
The registrars don't have a website for me to even get more info.

ETI dividend warrants are payable in $ cash over the counter at any Ecobank branch nearest to you. dont waste your time paying into bank account unless you have an Ecobank $ account

oh btw, you can get a duplicate warrant from them to replace the ones you have mishandled
Re: When Will Ecobank Shareholders Get Dividends? by angelo82: 6:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
You didn't mention specific registrar as I thought you need more than one registrars contact but if your issue is with EDC registrars below is their contact and they will respond to you via email.....They will get back to you and they will help to get your dividend but it may take about two months.....

EDC Registrars Limited
154 Ikorodu Road, Onipanu P.M.B. 40013 Ikoyi
Lagos – Nigeria
Telsad234)17301260–1
Prisca Enwe penwe@ecobank.com
James Napoleon njames@ecobank.com
Segun Ogunnoiki sogunnoiki@ecobank.com

I got it from the link below and that was how I contacted them.....Other contact through ECOBANK was completely fruitless.......

http://www.ecobank.com/upload/2013051501203860843769YtKBjXZq.pdf

Mail the woman or all the contact together and they will get back after few hours......Experience is the best!.....

atilla:

Hi Angelo

Re: When Will Ecobank Shareholders Get Dividends? by atilla(m): 11:13am On Dec 30, 2014
Thanks guys for the info

Will let you know how it goes.
Re: When Will Ecobank Shareholders Get Dividends? by atilla(m): 6:08pm On Jan 20, 2015
I went there last week and got info. Found out i have preference shares also which have entiteled me to 2 other dividends i didnt know off. I found out you can also cash your dividend warrant at the ecobank below them.

Thanks guys
Re: When Will Ecobank Shareholders Get Dividends? by angelo82: 6:28pm On Jan 20, 2015
atilla:
I went there last week and got info. Found out i have preference shares also which have entiteled me to 2 other dividends i didnt know off. I found out you can also cash your dividend warrant at the ecobank below them.

Thanks guys

Good!
Re: When Will Ecobank Shareholders Get Dividends? by atilla(m): 7:11pm On Mar 09, 2015
Thanks to this post got my warrants finally. Will be keeping my tachere dollars in case I need to run over the border at any time.
Re: When Will Ecobank Shareholders Get Dividends? by walcolm(m): 5:26pm On Mar 12, 2015
which branch did you withdraw from?
Re: When Will Ecobank Shareholders Get Dividends? by atilla(m): 10:16am On Aug 19, 2015
I withdrew from Ecobank on lekki express, the one at marwa bus stop.

from what i understand you can cash the warrant to dollars at any eco bank branch.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Plans Listing $20bn Refinery On Nigerian Stock Exchange / NSE Triggers "Circuit Breaker" As ASI Rise​ Beyond 5%​ / Brexit Is Shaking The Markets. Volatility Cash Outs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.