Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,418 members, 7,819,507 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Java Using Distributed System - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Using Distributed System (989 Views)

Distributed Applicatio Issues Using MVC Architecture / Help On Programming In Java Using Jbuilder / Free Script For Scrambling Php Distributed Codes (obfuscator) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java Using Distributed System by surbhi89: 3:25pm On Apr 16, 2013
hey, i have to make a project in java in which i have to implement distributed database
can you please help me by suggesting where do i get started
what in java i have to learn and how to approach the topic
please reply i m in urgent need for this
Re: Java Using Distributed System by Otuabaroku: 8:47am On Apr 20, 2013
Hi surbhi, you need to learn Java Network Programming. If I understand your project, you are looking at having for instance, 3 databases in different systems and have them communicate to each other.However, it is normally done by having the central database where the server is domiciled and have the clients communicate with it. The clients could update or retrieve information from the database.
Re: Java Using Distributed System by javadoctor(m): 8:55am On Apr 21, 2013
Go study on apache derby. Client/server architecture. It has a server configured with a central database with derbynet.jar and derbytools.jar in the classpath.the client on the network is a java application with derbyclient.jar in its classpath. The server database can started with a bat script or a java application checking for active socket connections.in your persistence.xml file you have to setautocommit to true to allow for synchronous refreshing of persisted or merged data.
Re: Java Using Distributed System by megaplaza(m): 3:28pm On Apr 21, 2013
by distributed database you mean you will have more than one instance of database or database at different location that your java app will use??

1 Like

Re: Java Using Distributed System by DariusD(m): 12:22am On Apr 23, 2013
Gurus in the house. Please I need a website address/anywhere I can lay my hands on for source code to write a program for smart code generator using java.
Please, i need it badly.
Re: Java Using Distributed System by Otuabaroku: 8:59am On Apr 23, 2013
Hi Darius, provide your email. I will send the sample I have worked on before.

(1) (Reply)

Php Or Html / Please Gurus Help A Java Beginner. / Help On Qt Creator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.