Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,582 members, 7,820,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars (35161 Views)

Some World Billionaires, Celebrities Living A Humble Life With Simple Cars. / 20 Celebrities Who Drive Their Partners Crazy By Snoring / Battles Of The Billionaires!!who Is Prettier? Adenuga Or Da Ngote's Daughter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by babseg(m): 12:11am On Apr 18, 2013
ypzilanti:

They are not stingy if they are giving millions to charity na. They are just not 'flashy' people. Money does not move everyone in the same way although it drives most people crazy.

I meant stingy to themselves
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Venchy: 12:22am On Apr 18, 2013
Standard practice among the white but Blacks must display, someone living in a government council flat driving TOP CLASS CAR which will cost him dearly in his car insurance because of the risk surrounding the flat while a white fellow will always prefer to secure a HOUSE and provide a better accommodation for his family rather than investing in materialistic things that will cost him more.

Darky must show, ma show kan o si.

Same in Nigeria, lots of people driving Jeep but living in a rented accommodation and you don't have your own house, what's that all about.....FOOLISHNESS
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by ghananotnaija(m): 4:01am On Apr 18, 2013
ocelot2006: Impressive. Besides, cars are not assets but liabilities. I'll invest in assets like real estate.

Cars are assets, not liabilities. But unlike real estate, cars depreciate in value and cannot be used as an investment.

Ignorant Nigerians.
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Galaxydon1(m): 4:08am On Apr 18, 2013
these may be they cheapest cars they drive. Who no like better thing.
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Revolva(m): 6:49am On Apr 18, 2013
grin grin OMO Ingvar Kamprad NA WA OGA ..U STINGY OO..at least get a ford.....SUV na baba
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 18, 2013
ghananotnaija:

Cars are assets, not liabilities. But unlike real estate, cars depreciate in value and cannot be used as an investment.

Ignorant Nigerians.
seems you are not too well. What that dude you replied to meant is that cars are liabilities as you will have to spend a lot of money to maintain it except if you want it to depreciate quickly. You are a very sttupid Ghananian coming on a Nigerian site to insult Nigerians that own the site. PLEASE LEAVE THIS SITE AND NEVER RETURN! YOU ARE NOT NEEDED!!!!!

PRYING GHANANIAN!!!!!!!
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by naiko: 9:28am On Apr 18, 2013
@ manny4life,yes i agree with your comments but my m.d is a good example with him i ha've learnt only humility but the ability 2 give and share.d same man dedicate 50 million annually 4 prisons in portharcourt,he has build well over 100 flats for less privilege ppl, he has bought over 100 speedboat for fishermen and alike in the nigerdelta.haba d man de try though he is the type who doesn't want press around him hence you will read this things in dailies
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by fuelsaver: 9:54am On Apr 18, 2013
Humility is not judged before God by the kind of car or house you own. It is judged by your attitude towards God and man remember. Our obedience to God's word is the key thing.
teejay_3009: Believe it or not, there are still quite a lot of humble billionaires out there. Here are the top ten billionaires who actually drive inexpensive cars.

Phil Knight

Philip Hanson Knight or better known as Phil Knight was born on February 24, 1938 and is a philanthropist and a business magnate. He is the chairman and co-founder of Nike, Inc and has served as the CEO of the company. In 2011, Knight has an estimated net worth of $14.4 billion and claimed the 47th position in the list of world’s richest people. He is a humble billionaire and has already donated hundreds of million of dollars to different schools. Despite his billion net worth, he owns an Audi R8 costing only $120,000.

Michael Bloomberg

Michael Rubens Bloomberg is a financial data mogul and the 108th mayor of New York. He was born in 1942, began his career and built a securities brokerage company in 1981. He served as one of the chairman of the board at Johns Hopkins University from 1996 to 2002. He has a net worth of $27 billion and has been known as the 7th-richest person in the United States. He was pushed to run as an independent candidate for the US presidential elections but chose not to seek presidency and decided to give his time and serve New York instead. Mayor Bloomberg drives and Audi R8 worth $120,000 that goes from 0 to 60 mph in approximately 3.2 seconds.

Michael Dell

Michael Dell is an author, philanthropist, and a business magnate. He is known to be the CEO and founder of Dell Inc., which is one of the leading personal computers sellers in the world. Dell has 243 million shares of stocks in the company that is worth $3.5 billion, which represents 12% of the company. He has other assets worth approximately $10 billion and had it invested in other companies. He then made a bid to make the company private for $24.4 billion. An with all his assets, he chose to drive an edgy 2004 Porsche Boxter with a price tag of only $80,000.

Warren Buffet

Although he is often accuse of being a miser, Warren Buffet still holds the third spot in the list of world’s richest people. He is the CEO, chairman, and the primary shareholder of Berkshire Hathaway. Buffet is coined as the “Wizard of Omaha” because of his frugality and his adherence to the value investing philosophy. Buffet donates some of Berkshire’s profits to several charity organizations. He drives a Cadillac DTS but don’t be intimidated with the car brand; it costs only $45,000.

Francois-Henri Pinault

Francois-Henri Pinault was born in 1962 and is a renowned French businessman. He is also the CEO of PPR. He started as the company’s manager in 1988 and was appointed CEO in 1993 after being the CompagnieFrançaise de l’AfriqueOccidentale or CFAO for three years. In 1997, he became the CEO of Fnac. His love for computers led him to develop the company’s Internet activities in the 1990s. On top of it, he also happens to be married to the lovely Salma Hayek. This super rich clothier drives a Lexus SUV worth only $40,000.

Laurene Powell Jobs

Born in 1963, Laurene Powell Jobs is the wife of the late Steve Jobs. She is an American business executive and is the co-founder and President of the Board of College Track. She also became a co-founder and the CEO of Apple Inc. Not everybody knows that she controls the $3.9 billion worth of stake in the Steven P. Jobs Trust in the Walt Disney Company. She drives a silver Audi A5 with the price of approximately $40,000.

Alice Walton

Alice Walton is the one and only heiress of the Wal-Mart fortune. She also owns the second spot in the list of the world’s richest women. Walton did have her own fair share of extravagant living as she owned a lot of Porsches over the past years. But because of an incident where she accidently ran over a woman, she decided to stay away from those luxurious cars. She now uses a 2006 Ford F-150 King Ranch, which costs only $40,000.

Mark Zuckerberg

Who wouldn’t know Facebook’s CEO and founder, right? Mark Zuckerberg is one of the youngest billionaires in the planet. But he definitely does not want to show the world all his wealth, as seen in the car that he chooses to drive. In fact, he is the youngest billionaire in the list who owns a very inexpensive car – an Acura TSX that costs only $30,000.

Steve Ballmer

Steve Ballmer, born in 1956, is considered one of the wealthiest men in the world. He is an American businessman and is currently Microsoft’s CEO. As of 2012, his net worth was estimated to be approximately $15.7 billion, landing him on the 19th spot on the Forbes 400. As humble as he is, he decided to go for a fairly modest automobile, driving a Ford’s Hybrid Fusion that retails for about $19,000.

Ingvar Kamprad

Ingvar Kamprad is the founder of Ikea and has a net worth of at least $28 billion. Other billionaires may have chosen cheap cars and can be deemed as humble, well-grounded people. But if being thrifty is concerned, nothing beats Kampard as he chose to drive a humble Volvo 240, which only costs $1500. Aside from that, he prefers to take the bus from time to time.

http://www.therichest.org/nation/the-top-10-billionaires-who-drive-the-cheapest-cars/
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by 2scorehigh(m): 10:57am On Apr 18, 2013
Seun Osewa

Seun Osewa, nerd, computer programmer and businessman. Started his company Nairaland in 2005 and since then the company has grown to become Nigeria’s number one website worth…*coughs* worth…2 billion…*coughs*…sorry excuse me but I don’t want to say one thing and my Oga at the top will say another thing…or send his pyguru to ban me…*

Anyway, he rides a Python Mountain Bicycle worth £139.99 because he believes cars pollute the environment. That’s what I call humility.

2 Likes

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by adexsimply(m): 11:21am On Apr 18, 2013
2scorehigh: Seun Osewa

Seun Osewa, nerd, computer programmer and businessman. Started his company Nairaland in 2005 and since then the company has grown to become Nigeria’s number one website worth…*coughs* worth…2 billion…*coughs*…sorry excuse me but I don’t want to say one thing and my Oga at the top will say another thing…or send his pyguru to ban me…*

Anyway, he rides a Python Mountain Bicycle worth £139.99 because he believes cars pollute the environment. That’s what I call humility.

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by merengue: 11:53am On Apr 18, 2013
Billyonaire: The look like peasants, no normal human will have billions and decide to live like a commoner, I think something is wrong with their brains, they look like losers. Just look at their silly eyes.

Really? Were you born daft or is it something you have grown into?
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Originalsly: 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
ghananotnaija:

Ignorant Nigerians.
Oga Ignorant...read between the lines...the car is a liability because money has to be spent to operate and maintain it and it is not being used as a taxi to replace money spent on it. @Op...interesting post... hopefully would open some eyes. Pic for Warren Buffet's car is a Lincoln Continental ...not Cadillac.
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by dowjones(m): 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2013
Originalsly: Oga Ignorant...read between the lines...the car is a liability because money has to be spent to operate and maintain it and it is not being used as a taxi to replace money spent on it. @Op...interesting post... hopefully would open some eyes. Pic for Warren Buffet's car is a Lincoln Continental ...not Cadillac.

if thats your definition of a liability then its you who is ignorant. A car can be an asset if its used productively, if a your car is the reason you are never late for appointments that could potentially fetch money then its an asset. At this point the defition of an asset is subjective,relative to its input to the productivity of an individual.

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by ghananotnaija(m): 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
Originalsly: Oga Ignorant...read between the lines...the car is a liability because money has to be spent to operate and maintain it and it is not being used as a taxi to replace money spent on it. @Op...interesting post... hopefully would open some eyes. Pic for Warren Buffet's car is a Lincoln Continental ...not Cadillac.

Do you even know what a liability is? Go buy a dictionary if you can afford it! It's an asset because you can sell it for money. A liability is a debt obligation.
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by babseg(m): 5:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
ghananotnaija:

Do you even know what a liability is? Go buy a dictionary if you can afford it! It's an asset because you can sell it for money. A liability is a debt obligation.

Do you think you can outsmart a Ghanaian? You are, after all, just a Nigerian.

you r a liability to this forum angry

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by ghananotnaija(m): 5:36pm On Apr 18, 2013
babe_online:
seems you are not too well. What that dude you replied to meant is that cars are liabilities as you will have to spend a lot of money to maintain it except if you want it to depreciate quickly. You are a very sttupid Ghananian coming on a Nigerian site to insult Nigerians that own the site. PLEASE LEAVE THIS SITE AND NEVER RETURN! YOU ARE NOT NEEDED!!!!!

PRYING GHANANIAN!!!!!!!

Ok I have to clarify. I'm saying all this stuff against Nigerians in jest only. Jeez I live in Lagos, so I don't hate Nigeria that much, but dowjones is right, you're mistaking the definition for the word "liability".
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by SBabaJ(m): 5:57pm On Apr 18, 2013
Alice Walton, Only Heiress Of The Wal-mart Fortune? The Name Ann Walton Kroenke Rings A Bell. She's Part-Heiress To The Fortune Too.
That's The Good Thing About Being A Billionaire, You Can Do 'Whatever' You Like.
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Engineer96(m): 7:18pm On Apr 18, 2013
These are the people that understood this world.
I have seen Nigerians that don't worth 25% of these peoples asset, yet they own more cars that separately costs more than these billionaires' cars.
Timaya will tell you that he has this and that. My landlord has two sequia(toyota).
None of them (these billionaires) owned the latest toyota or mercedes models or customized but 2004 models.
We still have a long way to go.
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by jjwaterfalls(f): 7:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
pro01: Smh. How can they be blessed with so much and yet fail to enjoy the abundance God endowed them with? They should take lessons on how to "live in the richness and fullness of Christ's blessings" from Nigerian billionaires pastors such as Ole-depo and Adeb-ole.

Comot dia!!!! MAY GOD FORGIVE YOU......mschew undecided
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by pheivor(f): 9:35pm On Apr 20, 2013
Their choice,their taste. Nxt...

1 Like

Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Nobody: 9:56pm On Apr 20, 2013
ghananotnaija:

Ok I have to clarify. I'm saying all this stuff against Nigerians in jest only. Jeez I live in Lagos, so I don't hate Nigeria that much, but dowjones is right, you're mistaking the definition for the word "liability".
how will you be in a country where you hate the people that own it? Please if you know you hate Nigerians that much then I advise you to kindly go back to Ghana. By the way on the issue at hand what I discovered is that "a car MAY be an asset, but it’s one that incurs expenses and gives rise to liabilities over time".
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by ghananotnaija(m): 6:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
babe_online:
how will you be in a country where you hate the people that own it? Please if you know you hate Nigerians that much then I advise you to kindly go back to Ghana. By the way on the issue at hand what I discovered is that "a car MAY be an asset, but it’s one that incurs expenses and gives rise to liabilities over time".

I am in Lagos temporarily for business. Leaving it just because of the fact that I can't stand the country would be too costly.

A car is ALWAYS an asset. It doesn't matter if it incurs expense or whatnot. It's not an liability. You simply don't know what those two words mean. Maybe if you're smart enough, you'll find out why by looking at a dictionary. But from the looks of it, even after going through the dictionary you'll still be convinced that you were right.
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by manny4life(m): 6:37pm On Apr 22, 2013
ghananotnaija:

I am in Lagos temporarily for business. Leaving it just because of the fact that I can't stand the country would be too costly.

A car is ALWAYS an asset. It doesn't matter if it incurs expense or whatnot. It's not an liability. You simply don't know what those two words mean. Maybe if you're smart enough, you'll find out why by looking at a dictionary. But from the looks of it, even after going through the dictionary you'll still be convinced that you were right.

Having seen the replies on here, let's test your knowledge on what an asset/liability is.

For an equipment (car) to be an asset, does it have to appreciate in VALUE? True or False?
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by ghananotnaija(m): 5:13am On Apr 23, 2013
manny4life:

Having seen the replies on here, let's test your knowledge on what an asset/liability is.

For an equipment (car) to be an asset, does it have to appreciate in VALUE? True or False?

Of course not, an asset can appreciate or depreciate in value. I'm not stvpid.

By the way, that was not a true or false question.
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by tck2000(m): 10:42am On Jul 21, 2019
cool
Re: Billionaires Who Drive Cheap Cars by Kayharry(m): 5:52pm On Oct 06, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kunle Remi Stabbed By Excited Fan [PICS] / Okey Bakassi Shares Video Of Flooded Lekki, Renames It 'river Lekki' / David Mark's Daughter Anne Weds Emmanuel Egwa In Abuja (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.