Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Why Nigerians Should Stay Away From British Airways - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Nigerians Should Stay Away From British Airways (1750 Views)

Nigeria Airways Plane Being Prepared For Take-Off In Ikeja, Lagos In 1969 (Pic) / Libya Has Suspended The Issuing Of Visas To European Citizens Apart From British / Work In London Opportunity, For Nigerian Youth From British Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Should Stay Away From British Airways by GM008: 10:14pm On Apr 08, 2008
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/04/07/136-ba-passengers-removed-from-jet-over-deportee-row-89520-20375182/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/player/nol/newsid_7330000/newsid_7335500?redirect=7335574.stm&news=1&nbram=1&nbwm=1&bbram=1&bbwm=1

In recent times, despite the negative publicity Nigerians
have been subjected to, I have met and know a lot of very decent
Nigerians that live both in Nigeria and abroad who are excelling in
their various professions, the question is do we just seat back and
let our children and future generation suffer from this kind of abuse?

It is time for us to arise let the world know that we're are an
intelligent breed and we are able to use the wisdom that we've been
endowed with to fight back to change our image. (It does not really
help matters when the news from Nigeria reports of what some low life
scum bags do to loot the country, the bible says that the curse of
the lord is in the house of the thief which summarizes all their
actions as individuals and not Nigerians.)

I will like to encourage you all to whatever is laid in your heart to
help build a New Nigeria that we and our future generation can be
proud of.

If you know anyone that was on or scheduled to travel on flight BA075
on the 27th March 2008, can you please let us know?

[b][/b]
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stay Away From British Airways by almondjoy(f): 10:37pm On Apr 08, 2008
Well, Nigerians do not help matters either. . . having said that, I can never fly British Airways even if I wanted to enter the UK.  It most definitely has to be an American Airline and there are quite a few that go there!  Thank God! kiss

If only Nigeria could have it's own airlines!
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stay Away From British Airways by HRhotness(f): 10:40pm On Apr 08, 2008
Cant stand BA, they'r too uptight and pompus
like they've got sticks up their asses
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stay Away From British Airways by Imani(f): 10:48pm On Apr 08, 2008
almondjoy:

Well, Nigerians do not help matters either. . . having said that, I can never fly British Airways even if I wanted to enter the UK. It most definitely has to be an American Airline and there are quite a few that go there! Thank God! kiss

If only Nigeria could have it's own airlines!

Are you serious? shocked shocked shocked I haven't personally travelled on Nigerian Airways, but those who have recall having "bumpy flights and being served either akara/chinchin/ or some ridiculous food. I dont know how true that is but if Nigeiran pilots have to "estimate" where to land since the tower house/ radio controller may not efficient, i will talk Ghana Airways instead. Of course, I love Nigeria with all me heart. cool

What i know about BA is that they are never on time to anywhere especially Lagos, and they have been fined recently along with Virgin for collusion and other price fixing charges.
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stay Away From British Airways by SamMilla1(m): 10:50pm On Apr 08, 2008
I wonder what nigerians did to these people, Each time they see us, the squeeze their faces LIKE people who has seen devil, I hope this will come to an end someday.
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stay Away From British Airways by Imani(f): 10:55pm On Apr 08, 2008
SAM MILLA:

I wonder what nigerians did to these people, Each time they see us, the squeeze their faces LIKE people who has seen devil, I hope this will come to an end someday.

The british generally are stoic to strangers. It does not mean they are "sqeezing" thier faces. Americans are "friendlier" and generally more chatty. You must have heard the expression "stiff upper lip" used when describing britons. The french are even worse in this regard. I work with quite a few british people and they just go about thier own business, doesnt mean they are avoiding you, it is just the way they are. Culturally we are "different" we are generally more social and inviting and hospitable even when it is not necessary. It is all about cultural differences. None is either right or wrong.
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stay Away From British Airways by tRoOE(f): 10:56pm On Apr 08, 2008
Imani:

Are you serious? shocked shocked shocked I haven't personally travelled on Nigerian Airways, but those who have recall having "bumpy flights and being served either akara/chinchin/ or some ridiculous food. I don't know how true that is but if Nigeiran pilots have to "estimate" where to land since the tower house/ radio controller may not efficient, i will talk Ghana Airways instead. Of course, I love Nigeria with all me heart. cool

What i know about BA is that they are never on time to anywhere especially Lagos, and they have been fined recently along with Virgin for collusion and other price fixing charges.
That statement is 100% false.

I used Virgin Nigeria before from Naija to London, from the food, to their service during the flight and to the landing were all great
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stay Away From British Airways by DisGuy: 1:22am On Apr 09, 2008
she is talking about the defunct Nigerian Airways

SAM MILLA:

yea, when Nigerians boycott them
Bellview, Virgin nigeria and I think Arik Air will soon ply the London-nigeria route
Re: Why Nigerians Should Stay Away From British Airways by anonimi: 4:01pm On Apr 15, 2008
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=126441.msg2154845#msg2154845

I still dey ask wetin be the role of the Nigeria High Commission for Britain abi they are not on our payroll?

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Flight To Barados / Desperate To Leave Naija. / Description From Ajah To Agbara By Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.