Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Nigeria Invests $1B For The Construction ICT Incubation Centres - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Nigeria Invests $1B For The Construction ICT Incubation Centres (5351 Views)

80 List Of Common Ict Abbreviations And Their Full Meaning / ICT VPN Working Greatly Via Computer Users Unlimited / Free Business Incubation Programme For Ict Guru In Abuja - Quick Before It Close (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Invests $1B For The Construction ICT Incubation Centres by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 17, 2013
Nigeria is developing fast with many projects on the web pages only. Roads are being constructed on the internet. Good development
Re: Nigeria Invests $1B For The Construction ICT Incubation Centres by Urine: 11:33am On Apr 17, 2013
This is a welcome development, I pray it sees the light of the day.
Re: Nigeria Invests $1B For The Construction ICT Incubation Centres by Abok1(m): 12:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
otokx: This money would have made more impact if invested in power or roads. Why do we engage in self deception? Why do we compare ourselves with India that has a technically sound & competent educational/medical system? What is wrong with our leaders?

You beat me to it. While this is a good concept, it would have been better if the government focuses more on solving the basic things. It's like building on a weak foundation, the building is bound to collapse. Rather than releasing funds to agencies, thereby creating an avenue for some set of people to embezzle money, the focus should be on the infrastructures and attracting investments. To me a calculated drive to woo the major players in the technology like apple, Samsung, google and so on, will naturally develop the country's ICT sector. Why can't we have a Foxconn in nigeria? A place where apple can assemble its products at least we have the population for these production. Why can't we copy the Philippine or Indian model where a lot of companies outsource their operations, say customer call centres.

As usual, a noble idea without proper feasibility study.
Re: Nigeria Invests $1B For The Construction ICT Incubation Centres by koruji(m): 12:48pm On Apr 17, 2013
It is GEJ that should surprise me and fulfill promises. I refuse to buy into "we will do this and we will do that" without any real plan or even ability to do it by this administration anymore. I have set my benchmark for the admin this year already -the planned N3 billion work on the Lagos-Ibadan road should be complete by Dec. 2013.

Sincere 9gerian:
A notorious ACN internet cockroach has written as expected. Once in a while, try to throw up surprises.
Re: Nigeria Invests $1B For The Construction ICT Incubation Centres by koruji(m): 12:49pm On Apr 17, 2013
grin grin grin

ocman: Nigeria is developing fast with many projects on the web pages only. Roads are being constructed on the internet. Good development
Re: Nigeria Invests $1B For The Construction ICT Incubation Centres by haouok(m): 1:13pm On Apr 17, 2013
good idea with more details?
Re: Nigeria Invests $1B For The Construction ICT Incubation Centres by israelbenzion: 1:14pm On Apr 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
A notorious ACN internet cockroach has written as expected. Once in a while, try to throw up surprises.
U hv succeeded in skirting the issues he raised. What abt the mentioned infrastructure they promised to build? Answer that and stop displaying sophistry.
Re: Nigeria Invests $1B For The Construction ICT Incubation Centres by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 17, 2013
Another thing, Nigerians need to be disciplined in all areas of endeavor, not just those aggressive and puffy individuals who think it is all about them to be the only employed hands of this project.

The whole society should be carried along by engaging the youths in programs that will lead to abundant of citizens for the ICT incubation centers.

Please, the government shouldn't leave no kid behind in this project.
Re: Nigeria Invests $1B For The Construction ICT Incubation Centres by Rossikk(m): 2:22pm On Apr 17, 2013
ocman: Nigeria is developing fast with many projects on the web pages only. Roads are being constructed on the internet. Good development

Ignoramus.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Invests $1B For The Construction ICT Incubation Centres by kutchs: 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
Thanks to the Malaysian govt for allowing you internet access in the prison otherwise you won‘t know what is happening.
However, come back home any time ur prison term is over and see that those things exist not only on the internet.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Invests $1B For The Construction ICT Incubation Centres by esanland: 3:48pm On Apr 17, 2013
otokx: This money would have made more impact if invested in power or roads. Why do we engage in self deception? Why do we compare ourselves with India that has a technically sound & competent educational/medical system? What is wrong with our leaders?
If you have nothing important to say let nobody hear you. You are thinking backward

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Invests $1B For The Construction ICT Incubation Centres by Rossikk(m): 5:17pm On Apr 17, 2013
Honestly, the way some people reason on this site is very strange. Many don't even seem to know how the government works. How can we be talking about an ICT related ministry investing its time and efforts into fulfilling the basic demands and stipulations of its duties, and then someone comes in and says ''why don't the government build roads instead''? So we should just drop everything else and be building only roads? How will you sustain those roads if you have no adequate source of income and no industries? I mean, really... cool
Re: Nigeria Invests $1B For The Construction ICT Incubation Centres by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 17, 2013
Rossikk: Honestly, the way some people reason on this site is very strange. Many don't even seem to know how the government works. How can we be talking about an ICT related ministry investing its time and efforts into fulfilling the basic demands and stipulations of its duties, and then someone comes in and says ''why don't the government build roads instead''? So we should just drop everything else and be building only roads? How will you sustain those roads if you have no adequate source of income and no industries? I mean, really... cool
I think the guy was being sarcastic. you failed to see that in his comment though.
Re: Nigeria Invests $1B For The Construction ICT Incubation Centres by peleson: 3:30am On Apr 18, 2013
U r a bushman man. What is wrong with u? This is far better than what ever u think the money should v bin used on n who told u that the roads r not receiving attention? Backward mindedness

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unlock All Your Huawei Modems Here / Us Used Dell E7440 Ultrabook At Giveaway Price / ✈✳✅New Stocks:upto 20 Pieces APPLE Macbook Pro & AiR.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.