Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises (17647 Views)

Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) / Mairo Mandara - Women Should Wait Two Years Between Pregnancies / Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Slyr0x: 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2013
Give Ourself Two Years In Between Pregnancies, Gynaecologist Advises Women

The gynaecologist said women need at least two years after child birth to build their blood level.

A gynaecologist Fred Achem, on Wednesday advised women in their child- bearing age to give themselves two years in between pregnancies before having another child.

Mr. Achem gave the advice in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Abuja.

He said that it was important that women recovered their blood level after childbirth which usually required a minimum of two years.

The gynaecologist said that a pregnant woman required a minimum blood volume so as to prevent anaemia in pregnancy.

Our women must not continue to get pregnant every year. They have to recover from one pregnancy, rebuild their blood system up and that takes a minimum of two years.

“Once the blood level starts coming down, it manifests in her strength to carry the baby, it manifests in the size of the baby.

“And if the anaemia is very deficient, the baby may even succumb in her womb as a result of anaemia,” he said.

Mr. Achem said that anaemia in pregnancy had symptoms like heart failure, fatigue and swelling of the legs, among others.

He said that it was important for all women of child-bearing age to take iron and folic acid tablets to build their blood system.

Speaking on nutrition in pregnancy, Mr. Achem said that women should stay on top of good nutrition by eating healthy meals.

“It is very important that women consider their own nutrition and stay on top of good nutrition all through pregnancies, moderate weight gain is very important.

“It is not so much of what they eat but the quality of what they eat, and to address such things, it is better to avoid all those fried fruits which bring more calories to the system.

“Good protein and good vegetables keep the bowels soft and moving,” he added.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/129976-give-yourself-two-years-in-between-pregnancies-gynaecologist-advises-women.html

2 Likes

Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 17, 2013
Okay, noted. First to comment? Yay! *takes off clothes n dances nake-D* lmao.

3 Likes

Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
That's normal... true talk!
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by club12: 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
I will respond later, dancing Azonto at the moment
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
ok i hv applied break
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nasri100(m): 5:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
No banging for two years? If I hear cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Slyr0x: 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2013
Amaaskia: Yay! *takes off clothes n dances nake-D*

[img]http://2.bp..com/-GBmo6xvuAkk/UIRVEip_gOI/AAAAAAAADqE/SIRPx27mjdE/s1600/Happy_gif.gif[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nasri100(m): 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2013
Amaaskia: Okay, noted. First to comment? Yay! *takes off clothes n dances nake-D* lmao.

Oya twe rk now cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by mu2sa2: 5:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
Every now and then the infallibility of the word of God is proven even to the doubting Thomases. Over 1600 years ago God guided humanity with these words in Quran 46:15

" And We have commended unto man kindness toward parents.His mother carried him with hardship and gave birth to him with hardship, and his gestation and WEANING [period] is thirty months..."

The weaning period for a baby by God's plan is 2 years and six months. This doctor's prescription is even short of 6 months. But all the same, if you follow God's plan you will see that everything goes well with you. Any woman who's getting pregnant after 30 months from the birth of her last child can never be weakened by chidbearing. This is plain truth - but humans would rather ignore the Words of the Almighty God, the Creator of everything in heavens and earth. And suffer the consequences.

19 Likes

Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by adexsimply(m): 5:33pm On Apr 17, 2013
Amaaskia: Okay, noted. First to comment? Yay! *takes off clothes n dances nake-D* lmao.
oya take a pics of urself maa see nw wink wink

2 Likes

Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Blackteeth(m): 5:33pm On Apr 17, 2013
How can it take two years to recover blood lost? It means if I get a knife cut it would take about 3 weeks to regain my blood lost.

2 Likes

Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by phiszo(m): 5:33pm On Apr 17, 2013
**smooching her**
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by wondergirl1: 5:34pm On Apr 17, 2013
Good advice
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Mentcee(m): 5:35pm On Apr 17, 2013
Reserved
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by tonnieblaise(m): 5:38pm On Apr 17, 2013
Abed help me tell mama nkechi o
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 17, 2013
adexsimply: oya take a pics of urself maa see nw wink wink

LoL nah! I don't wanna make you C--u.--M lol

1 Like

Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by tonnieblaise(m): 5:41pm On Apr 17, 2013
Nasri100: No banging for two years? If I hear cheesy
i pray o
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2013
phiszo:
**smooching her**

LoL *slaps*

2 Likes

Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by concacid: 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2013
GOOD ADVICE ACHEM.
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by concacid: 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2013
GOOD ADVICE, ACHEM.
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Andykuul: 5:47pm On Apr 17, 2013
At what stage will u as d husband start 'cultivating' again?
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Mamaflex(f): 5:49pm On Apr 17, 2013
and na e wife dey born pass undecided anyway na wetin e read for paper e dey tell us. Ok dem don hear.
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2013
Interesting.

My mum had three children in three consecutive years.

My mum is doing fine. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by adexsimply(m): 5:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
Amaaskia:

LoL nah! I don't wanna make you C--u.--M lol
thats too late sweetheart...am already drooling.. kiss tongue tongue
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by adexsimply(m): 5:52pm On Apr 17, 2013
adaobi123: Interesting.

My mum had three children in three consecutive years.

My mum is doing fine. tongue

jesu!!! i like ur P-man o...e too sharp tongue tongue
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 17, 2013
adexsimply: jesu!!! i like ur P-man o...e too sharp tongue tongue

Thanks smiley
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by biolabee(m): 5:59pm On Apr 17, 2013

u high on purple drank tongue tongue

abeg wey the party dey
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by tjskii(f): 6:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
Na wa o,so peopl wey strugl marry at age 37 after numeros prayer vigils,they shud also giv 2yr gap abi,so by age 4o thyl be avin dia 2nd kid,ok o
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 17, 2013
2yrs wt? interpregnancy interval abi interdelivery interval..

2yrs fr nrmal vagi'nal delivery or fr abdominal delivry

anyway, gud advice
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 17, 2013
adexsimply: thats too late sweetheart...am already drooling.. kiss tongue tongue

Tah! Please ooo. LoL
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by swtcharissa(f): 6:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
Una sorry o,I plan my 3kids in a 4yrs missionary journey,I gave birth last year june,am already on my second missionary journey....I will b fine,my grandmama born 15 she no die of child birth

2 Likes

Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by adexsimply(m): 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2013
Amaaskia:

Tah! Please ooo. LoL
#still-waiting kiss kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

7,115 AIDS Carriers Receiving Treatment In Osun – NACA / Paramedics: The Missing Link In The Nigerian Health Sector / Reasons Why You Should Start Consuming Vegetables Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.