Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises (17648 Views)

Fake Gynaecologist Arrested For Defrauding Three Of N23m (photo) / Mairo Mandara - Women Should Wait Two Years Between Pregnancies / Gynaecologist Warns Women To Stop Douching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by KA24DETT(m): 6:43pm On Apr 17, 2013
What med school did this guy graduate from .
Harmoglobin concentration and iron levels is being checked at least 2x during pregnancy here in the states . If its low, you are put on iron pills and prenatal vitamins.
Na wao for these our doctors . Wetin dem dey do for there ?
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by dasparrow: 7:03pm On Apr 17, 2013
@Post

But what this doctor has said is common sense. Anyone with half a brain should know it is advisable to give your body a rest after child birth but many Nigerian women never listen. Little wonder so many Nigerian women sadly die during child birth and never get to enjoy the motherhood they so desired.

Also, having babies every year is the reason why an increasing number of women have slacked or over stretched private parts (v*a*g*i*n*a) and then tomorrow they will complain when their husbands begin to cheat on them with 18 and 20 year old girls. Women better be wise. Maintain your private part before your oga at the top looks for a replacement outside.

1 Like

Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Tedpgrass: 7:18pm On Apr 17, 2013
2-3 years is the advice.

There are many reasons behind this.
In Nigeria, poor nutrition, recurrent infections...eg malaria, typhoid deplete blood levels.
Pregnancy isn't similar to cutting fingers.... lose 5-10mls.

Women lose up to 500-1000mls blood in a normal delivery.....How much more in operative deliveries, previously anemic women thanks to malaria etc or in complicated settings . Heart is burdened by the hyperdynamic state worsened in presence of anemia/ hemorrhage+/-hypertension.

Poor antenatal facilities, previous poor healthcare sourcing or provision with existence of medical co-morbidities: sometimes previously unknown eg Sc, SS,AS thalasemia blood genotypes or heart disease.... only increase the problem.

Maternal mortality figures are rather high in NGR. And high in African communities in Diaspora, particularly those who come in as health tourists. A good percentage come in with previously undiagnosed medical problems and remain in denial rather than commence treatment in a timely fashion or sometimes simply too late to receive any help!!!!

Complicated by the above factors and also incessant childbearing with deleterious cultural practices.

Decision to abstain can be made dependent on.the woman's condition, following due counselling.
It's irresponsible to make a sweeping generalization not to take on the "delay" advice, that could put most NGR women at risk.

To the 37yr old, it may be deemed inappropriate to delay childbearing from the social point of view. But her underlying health takes precedence not wants or desires. Now as women are having babies into the late 40's or early 50's, as long as they are certified to be healthy to do so. It only reinforces the mantra: good health is paramount.

A responsible mother wants to bring in the number of children, she can successfully take care of, given her health and socioeconomic state.

5 Likes

Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 17, 2013
KA24DETT: What med school did this guy graduate from .
Harmoglobin concentration and iron levels is being checked at least 2x during pregnancy here in the states . If its low, you are put on iron pills and prenatal vitamins.
Na wao for these our doctors . Wetin dem dey do for there ?
na gynaecologist tok am, its better heard frm an obstetrician....
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Soso990240(m): 7:23pm On Apr 17, 2013
Wetin concern am? Na him de do d work? Or na him go push 4 labour room? Mind ur business.
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Soso990240(m): 7:25pm On Apr 17, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

But what this doctor has said is common sense. Anyone with half a brain should know it is advisable to give your body a rest after child birth but many Nigerian women never listen. Little wonder so many Nigerian women sadly die during child birth and never get to enjoy the motherhood they so desired.

Also, having babies every year is the reason why an increasing number of women have slacked or over stretched private parts (v*a*g*i*n*a) and then tomorrow they will complain when their husbands begin to cheat on them with 18 and 20 year old girls. Women better be wise. Maintain your private part before your oga at the top looks for a replacement outside.
2day na d 1st day u de make sense since i knw u.congrats bro.
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by FXKing2012(m): 7:47pm On Apr 17, 2013
phiszo:
**smooching her**
Thief
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by ogaemma: 7:51pm On Apr 17, 2013
Amaaskia: Okay, noted. First to comment? Yay! *takes off clothes n dances nake-D* lmao.

This first to comment chidishness is becoming uncontrolable. Pls moderator,do something. Is there any award for a first to comment nairalander?
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by MumZ(f): 7:55pm On Apr 17, 2013
swtcharissa: Una sorry o,I plan my 3kids in a 4yrs missionary journey,I gave birth last year june,am already on my second missionary journey....I will b fine,my grandmama born 15 she no die of child birth
Dis is my plan also, God help o. I also read smetn about d 2yrs interval, bt I ll lke 2 b done wit child bearn as soon as possible.
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 17, 2013
d follown na d tin wey fit affect wmen's heaith...
too frequent,
too young,
too many,
''i too knw'' ,
too foolish,
n too obedient to cultures n ogas @ d top
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 17, 2013
Akuko!!!wait make I pop out this remaining one before all this tales.
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Remii(m): 9:22pm On Apr 17, 2013
According to Qur'an Chapter 2 verse 233 (Surat Al-Baqarah (2:233)

"Mothers are advised to breastfeed their children two complete years for whoever wishes to complete the nursing[period]".

http://www.islamicsearchcenter.com/archive/2009/08/surah-al-baqarah-2233-%E2%80%93-advantages-of-breastfeeding-and-the-divine-recommendation/
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Kansola(f): 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2013
Na tru yarn...
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 17, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

thank you - there are issues going on in a woman's body we can't see from the outside. when i was pregnant the midwife and doctor told me it takes 9-12months for a woman's body to recover, heck i'm still having back pain from the epidural and my daughter is 2 years +
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Policewoman(f): 10:48pm On Apr 17, 2013
Ok. Nice advise.
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by raystanley(m): 10:58pm On Apr 17, 2013
adaobi123: Interesting.

My mum had three children in three consecutive years.

My mum is doing fine. tongue

and you think so?
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by rezzy: 12:44am On Apr 18, 2013
2 yrs is okay but for ladies like us they havent got married at our early 30's nko and wants to give birth to 5. That means at 40, one will still be given birth.
For me o 11 months space is ok.
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by ashson: 12:58am On Apr 18, 2013
but this is already known to muslims more 1400years ago
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by mbulela: 3:28am On Apr 18, 2013
the doctors should be telling the husbands.
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 18, 2013
raystanley:
and you think so?

I know so. My mum is rarely ill.
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Lexoria: 7:56am On Apr 18, 2013
And someone uses this as an xcuse for men to cheat on their wife.....nothing wen I noo hear for this Africa.Also an xcuse to break their vows to God.Ok oo....

1 Like

Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by FXKing2012(m): 8:34am On Apr 18, 2013
Lexoria: And someone uses this as an xcuse for men to cheat on their wife.....nothing wen I noo hear for this Africa.Also an xcuse to break their vows to God.Ok oo....
And the feminist continues with her attack on men.
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by pulel(f): 8:51am On Apr 18, 2013
[quote author=swtcharissa]Una sorry o,I plan my 3kids in a 4yrs missionary journey,I gave birth last year june,am already on my second missionary journey....I will b fine,my grandmama born 15 she no die of child birth[
/quote]

I planned just like u did. My 1st son was 16months when i had my 2nd son. My second 2nd is now 14month and i just had a stillbirth at 24weeks. Although am still undergoing medecial tests to determine when went wrong, my obsc doc is already pointing at low blood level. If U go ahead with ur plans, u need to really take good care of ursefl

1 Like

Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by AmeLonRo(m): 9:51am On Apr 18, 2013
;DIf Mr. Achem is a Gynaecologist he should then be a Dr. or Prof. and not Mr.! smiley smiley smiley grin
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
adaobi123: Interesting.

My mum had three children in three consecutive years.

My mum is doing fine. tongue

your p-man go be james bond oooo
Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 19, 2013
Blackteeth: How can it take two years to recover blood lost? It means if I get a knife cut it would take about 3 weeks to regain my blood lost.

But seriously, you compare the enormity of pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding to a knife wound...?

1 Like

Re: Give 2yrs In Between Pregnancies: Gynaecologist Advises by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 19, 2013
mbulela: the doctors should be telling the husbands.

Right. Men are mostly the culprits here. *winks*

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

7,115 AIDS Carriers Receiving Treatment In Osun – NACA / Paramedics: The Missing Link In The Nigerian Health Sector / Reasons Why You Should Start Consuming Vegetables Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.