Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,719 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:42 AM

Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback (25644 Views)

Nigerian Customs Blacklists GTB, Fidelity, Diamond Banks / Price To Ship Documents From Nigeria To USA Via UPS, DHL, FEDEX / Bad Experience with FedEx US to Nigeria Courier Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by teecuzy(m): 5:53am On Nov 22, 2013
Thanks, I spoke with the customer care extensively yesterday, we kept on discussing to and fro, all the option he kept giving me will make me incur customs duties as if they have a cut or share in duties.
You may contact me on whatsapp so we can talk 08174440031.
Thanks again.
dav8id: sorry for your bad experiences with custom and DHL. Here is a simple trick , creat myDHL account, next contact dhl through your mydhl account profile and request for account number, they will not send you the account number but instead they will call you through phone and ask you some question related to the what you want to import, never reveal to the agent what you are importing just told him you need import account number. The account number will not be giving to you but they will tell you what to do, whatever what they tell you forget about it . Instead tell him you want to meet him in person and discuss personal issue, I guest younknowmwhat I mean? You guys agree and meet each other , tell him your mind and he will surely show you way out. I will not like to reveal,it here cost dhl agent are also on nairaland and it will affect me in person. Not when filling your info on mydhl account, put in your real info course DHL nearest office to agent will call you on phone and that will make it easier for you to meet each other.

Never mind to ask me what mydhl account mean just google search it .

1 Like

Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by teecuzy(m): 5:54am On Nov 22, 2013
DHL
Tonjeola1:
The 60 men's steel watches you order, what means of shipping you used?
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by Tonjeola1(m): 8:32am On Nov 22, 2013
teecuzy: DHL
Get a registered company with C.A.C and follow Dav8id idea
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by okelondj: 6:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
please am expecting package from china via EMS and the i got the tracking number on the 1st of december 2013 which means they ship it that same day but til date i cant find any information while tracking the package,this is the day 10 but tothing yet.please i want to knw if any body ve any idea wat culd b the problem
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2013
okelondj: please am expecting package from china via EMS and the i got the tracking number on the 1st of december 2013 which means they ship it that same day but til date i cant find any information while tracking the package,this is the day 10 but tothing yet.please i want to knw if any body ve any idea wat culd b the problem
Call their customer care line you know this december when many people come home for christmas so most the aircraft use for cargo are not carrying 98% passenger and attached small cargo.You need to call them and halla small in other to fasttrack your shipment.
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by Predynamix(m): 10:43pm On Jul 11, 2014
Am abt 2 ship in a good 4rm china, which shipping company his the best,cheap&assured.....
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by cooldipo(m): 12:53pm On Dec 29, 2014
adeola250:
Its funny the gimmick that EMS plays this days, its a confirmed observation that corruption is really under the skin of nipost workers, whenever my package arrives they will put on the tracking details that i requested pick up, instead of delivery. The say something like this" Your item could not be delivered on June 6, 2013 at 7:30 am in NIGERIA due to the addressee requesting pick up. It is being held while the addressee is notified." Then they would send a message and when you arrive the charge you money which is for their self.

* they save money meant for distribution.
* the fabricate messages claiming the recipient asked the parcel be picked up for them while they never attempted a delivery.
* the whole reason they asked you to pick ur parcel, is so they have the full advantage of charging and extorting you.
* they gain twice, 1.approved distribution cost embezzeled, 2.extort naïve citizen.

i have been a victim and every attempt to lodge complaint only revealed more bad egg with the system.....i tried to email NIPOST headoffice but it bounced.....what do we do about this?
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by Denc: 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2015
cooldipo:

i have been a victim and every attempt to lodge complaint only revealed more bad egg with the system.....i tried to email NIPOST headoffice but it bounced.....what do we do about this?

Try this contact -
Name: Mr ONIYE GBOYEGA
Function: MANAGER
Office name: NIPOST CUSTOMRE SERVICE CENTRE
Address: NIPOST CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTRE, IMPC AIR NAHCO BUILDING, M/M INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, IKEJA-LAGOS.
Tel: (+234)18974544
E-Mail: customerservice@nipost.gov.ng

Hours of service and days(s) on which the inquiry service is operating
Day Opening hours 1 Opening hours 2
Monday 08:00-12:00 13:00-17:00
Tuesday 08:00-12:00 13:00-17:00
Wednesday 08:00-12:00 13:00-17:00
Thursday 08:00-12:00 13:00-17:00
Friday 08:00-12:00 13:00-17:00
Saturday (Nil)
Sunday (Nil)
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 14, 2015
hayoakins:
I imported 20pcs of human hair, only for DHL to demand for 48k as custom duty, after consultation with Importation Gurus on Nairaland, the likes of Cashmed(can't rememember the correct ID) and Naijamarketplace(can't remember his nairaland ID), I threatened DHL and escalated the issue to the management via email...I got several calls and had to pay 25k.

That was actually the second order, I wasn't charged for the first which makes me wonder why the sudden demand for custom duty, I never visited their office and got my goods after paying the duty...am done with DHL anyway cos the demand notice sent to me was on DHL's letter head and not Custom, how am I sure someone is playing a fast one

Hello,

Please can you state the email of the management that it was escalated to? I'm having a similar issue with DHL. Please help
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by ojialo(m): 3:39am On Feb 16, 2015
biznessman:

@hayoakins pls I am in a similar situation, mine is 18pcs and d dhl customs r requesting N38,000 pls your kind info on how to go about this is badly needed, I have even been to their office but couldn't see anyone particular in charge. Pls ur advice is needed, anyone with useful help and info pls do, as I don't know what I can possibly do b4 it gets out of hands, Thanks
always use third party (shipping agent ) to avoid custom problems.
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by jowizard: 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2015
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by dfavouredamy(f): 11:23am On Apr 24, 2016
pls, my fellow importers is it only china agent or forwarding agent u talk about, pls and abeg, u know any good forwarding agent in india, vietnam or indonisia?
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by topsey01: 3:11pm On Jun 23, 2016
I bought a phone ' iPhone 5' from ebay and it was shipped down to 'NIGERIA' via ups,

when I tracked it shows something like this ....

Lagos, NG
06/21/2016 13:13
Your package is being held for payment of duty and tax. / We'll contact the sender or receiver about this delivery.

And the item suppose to be delivered since on 20th of June,

So I decided to call there customer care line inmagin a lady picked it up telling me I will need to pay for DUTY charges, H/C AND VAT 24,318.00 NGN

Please is help me out !
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by Nobody: 4:02am On Oct 06, 2023
topsey01:
I bought a phone ' iPhone 5' from ebay and it was shipped down to 'NIGERIA' via ups,

when I tracked it shows something like this ....

Lagos, NG
06/21/2016 13:13
Your package is being held for payment of duty and tax. / We'll contact the sender or receiver about this delivery.

And the item suppose to be delivered since on 20th of June,

So I decided to call there customer care line inmagin a lady picked it up telling me I will need to pay for DUTY charges, H/C AND VAT 24,318.00 NGN

Please is help me out !

Hello how did you later sorted this out

I'm about to order a phone also from us and the sell is using dhl/ups with no taxes/duties attached in the shipping.
Re: Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback by tomoregie: 7:50pm On Sep 11
davies007:
as in, the WORST OF ALL IS CORPORATE MESSENGERS WORLDWIDE INC. THESE GUYS ARE BIG TIME SCAMMERS. I SHIPPED GOODS WORTH OVER 400GBP WITH THEM, WAS INFORMED IT HAD ARRIVED AND WAS BEING CLEARED. AS SOON AS I HAD MADE PAYMENT FOR MY FREIGHT. I WAS SENT AN EMAIL THAT MY SHIPMENT WAS MISSING AND THEY APOLOGIZE FOR IT. THAT I SHOULD HOPE ITS FOUND. AND SHOULD MY ITEMS NOT BE FOUND, THEIR LIABILITY TO EACH SHIPMENT IS $25 AND THAT'S ALL THEY WOULD GIVE ME!!
I AM READY TO GIVE THEM HELL TILL THEY GIVE ME MY GOODS OR ALL MY MONEY ON THOSE GOODS. THAT'S ABOUT 2 CAR SEATS AMONGST OTHER ITEMS .

PLEASE DO YOURSELVES A GREAT FAVOR AND STAY AWAY FROM CORPORATE MESSENGERS OR OREGUN FREIGHT AS THEY CALL THEIR NIGERIA OFFICE.

I WILL BE BACK WITH THE NONCHALANT AND INFURIATING EMAILS THEY SENT ME. I CAN SEE THIS MATTER REACHING THE COURT!!!

They stole my friend's Sony VR Quest 3 $589 USD and never refunded - they said it was stolen during customs check. Oregun Frieght is their shipper and those guys have very broke frustrated staff who steal

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Emefiele And His Parallel Foreign Exchange Universe / Otudeko Buys ₦‎87.8bn Shares To Become Largest First Bank Shareholder With 14% / How To Start Mini Importation Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.