Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,667 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Hacker Can Control Aircraft System With Android Smartphone - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Hacker Can Control Aircraft System With Android Smartphone (808 Views)

Aircraft Models-Builder, Abdullahi Lawal With El-Rufai. Photos / Nigerian, Aghogho, Builds Mini Aircraft (Picture &video) / Photos: Aircraft Construction A-Z. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hacker Can Control Aircraft System With Android Smartphone by Slyr0x: 5:44pm On Apr 17, 2013
[img]http://3.bp..com/-V_0rJn4rFxM/UWbs5i_STTI/AAAAAAAAI2c/upc-LljF6wo/s1600/hacker-control-aircraft-system.jpg[/img]

A Security Researcher Hugo Teso at Hack In The Box security conference has demonstrated that it is possible for a hacker to take control of aircraft system with an android smartphone.

By hijacking a protocol used to send data to commercial aircraft and exploiting bugs in flight management software, a hacker can send radio signals to planes that would cause them to execute arbitrary commands such as changes in direction, altitude, speed, and the pilots’ displays.

"Teso demonstrated an Android application he built that allowed him to redirect a virtual plane with just a tap on a map application running on his Samsung Galaxy phone." Forbes report reads.

Teso told Forbes that he was able to use the exploit "to modify approximately everything related to the navigation of the plane that includes a lot of nasty things"

Teso notified Federal Aviation Administration and the European Aviation Safety Administration and they are working with the affected aerospace companies to fix the vulnerability.

The presentation can be found here : [url=http://conference.hitb.org/hitbsecconf2013ams/materials/D1T1%20-%20Hugo%20Teso%20-%20Aircraft%20Hacking%20-%20Practical%20Aero%20Series.pdf]Aircraft hacking[PDF][/url]

Source : http://www.ehackingnews.com/2013/04/hacker-can-control-aircraft-system-with.html

1 Like

Re: Hacker Can Control Aircraft System With Android Smartphone by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2013
See wetin google don cause now. undecided
Re: Hacker Can Control Aircraft System With Android Smartphone by Odunnu: 8:08pm On Apr 17, 2013
odikwa very risky. Another reason to be in serious prayer session next time
Re: Hacker Can Control Aircraft System With Android Smartphone by Slyr0x: 8:54pm On Apr 17, 2013
LOL. . .Mynd & Odunnu, why una dey follow each other?
Re: Hacker Can Control Aircraft System With Android Smartphone by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 17, 2013
Slyr0x: LOL. . .Mynd & Odunnu, why una dey follow each other?
Mynd ain't here.
Re: Hacker Can Control Aircraft System With Android Smartphone by Odunnu: 9:11pm On Apr 17, 2013
Slyr0x: LOL. . .Mynd & Odunnu, why una dey follow each other?
I'll assume you just had a nitemare and woke with a start. Now you are seeing things or sleepwalking
Re: Hacker Can Control Aircraft System With Android Smartphone by Slyr0x: 9:14pm On Apr 17, 2013
Brand_new: Mynd ain't here.

Lmaoooo. . .Pardon me bro. .My eyes must have been playing tricks on me. .

Tired. .Need to logout cry undecided

(1) (Reply)

The USB Condom Unveiled! / What You Need To Know About Innjoo One - Black Android Phone / Mac Photo Recovery: How To Recover Deleted Files / Photos On Mac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.