Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,060 members, 7,953,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:14 PM

Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? (44452 Views)

10 Helpful Tips For Graduates With 2.2. And Lower Grades / Testimonies Of Second-Class Lower Graduates Who Have Good Jobs / Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by EmmyDe25(m): 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2013
LesbianBoy:
Of course i am aware that ''who you know'' plays a huge part in getting jobs this days in naija....but from stories i have heard in recent times, unlike guys it seems like for the ladies its now ''who you know'' or ''who you are ready to sleep with!''(especially if the lady 'set' wella)
Not al about dat o.. Even if u be guy. Na just call e go chop. Where am serving now, i could remmba how they bounced/rejected many corpers who were posted there, they told dem they no longer have space to accommodate those corpers. Meanwhile, I, redeployed frm one of those states in d north, so we were told at d nysc secretariat to go get a letter of request from wherever we want to serve. It was just a call frm my dad that settles the bill.
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by spicyp(f): 6:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
EmmyDe25:
Not al about dat o.. Even if u be guy. Na just call e go chop. Where am serving now, i could remmba how they bounced/rejected many corpers who were posted there dat they no longer have space to accommodate them. Meanwhile, I, redeployed frm one of states in d north, so we were told at d nysc secretariat to go get a letter of request from wherever we want to serve. It was just a call frm my dad that settles the bill.
When connection speaks....
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by EmmyDe25(m): 6:45pm On Apr 18, 2013
spicyp: When connection speaks....
Funny u. Havent seen the number now.. Abi u dey try hide ur sis ni?
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by Juicysam(m): 7:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ntin like unclassified professional courses.#medicine/pharmacy# no fear of d labour market crap we are damn few esp pharm
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by chessguru1(m): 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2013
yuzedo: No hope bro. I gradate 2.2 uppper from prestingous universety since 40yrs ago. No job. cry No punny. cry No anytin! angry angry

I have desided to take matters into my very own hands. I want to do oil bunkery. Palm-oil bunkery. or kidnappy. Dat is disposeable kid nappy.hope somebody can send me richard card to sell, af not eat good food since last years.
oh yeah this got me laffing well grin
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by godman01(m): 7:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
Where are the jobs.
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by gbagyiza: 7:25pm On Apr 18, 2013
demmy55: All the job offers I've seen comes with requirements and one of the common requirement is a "minimum of Second Class Upper Division.
What happens to majority of Nigerian graduates who graduated with Second Class Lower or even below that.

Can applicants with 2.2 still apply for a job with a 'minimum of 2.1' requirement?

Can relevant or additional training and courses on the CV of a 2.2 applicant change the mind of recruiters who requires candidates with a minimum of 2.1?

Is "a minimum of 2.1" requirement just to scare '2nd Class Lower, 3rd Class and Pass' applicants off?

Has any 2.2 applicant secured a job which requires a minimum of 2.1?

I need answers please.
my dear friend 2 be sincere wit u, grade shuld nt be an act of discouragement 4 u 2 secure a job.put ur trust in God, 4 wit God all tings r possible.but as u wait on d Lord ,try 2 be creative n go 4 a vocational training 2 be self employ b4 frustration will strike.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by lifestyle1(m): 7:33pm On Apr 18, 2013
Must you work for someone ? undecided
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Apr 18, 2013
"Those days when we dey school dey study Engineering, we dey happy say when we gradj we go work for OIL COMPANY...My Brother as we finish, even GROUND-NUT OIL COMPANY, we no see...Na dat time boys begin discover their talents"...Okey Bakassi

4 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by spicyp(f): 8:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
EmmyDe25:
Funny u. Havent seen the number now.. Abi u dey try hide ur sis ni?
dnt worry urslf she will be geTting married by june dis yr
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by achi4u(m): 8:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
life_style: Must you work for someone ? undecided
Exactly my thought.

You go to school to acqired knowledage that can help you grow your own biz.

daz the spirit!
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by ammnesty: 8:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
MA BRODA I'L TEL U A STORY DAT HAPPEND IN MA SKUL UNICAL.3FRNDS GRADUATED.1 WIT 2.1,THE ODA WIT 2.2 N THE LAST WIT 3RD CLAS..NOW THE GUY WIT 3RD CLAS WORKS IN ABJ WIT EFCC N IS A BIG BOY WHILE THE ODA WIT 2.2 IS NW A LECTURA(MATHS.N.STATS)DR 4 DAT MATA OH...THE GUY WIT 2.1 NW S TEACHING IN A SEC.SCH IN AKS...THEY ALL READ MATHS N STATS...SO BROS IT AINT THE GRADE BT GODS GRACE N MERCY THAT COUNTS!
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by pappythinko(m): 9:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
I just can not but let this thread pass me by without dropping ma two cents... People with 2:2 stand a great chance of getting a good job in the labour market except in some private companies mentioned earlier by some posters.. I know of Nestle Nig and KPMG(who recently did their grad trainee recruitment), they both clamoured for 2:1. I hail the 2:2 cabalx in d forum o. God pass them (the employers), i believe wt hardwork n prayerx, we wl surely get our dream jobs in the name of whoever u put ur believe.
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by sherif4owo(m): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
kennyonthrone: wit dis typos I understand beta y u stil job huntin 4 40 yrz....no offence bro
it is easy to see, he was just joking! Why are you taking it so personal.
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by Burger01(m): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2013
I had Diploma in Data processing (Upper credit), a 2.2 in Statistics, professional A+, CCNA, Mikrotik network certification, a masters degree in Information Technology from UNILAG. Months ago, I was employed as manager in federal govt parastatal. No connection, no button pressing and no bootlicking, I still got the job after series of tests, presentations and handons. My point is skills and certification matters. You just can't depend on 2.2 but strive to acquire relevant certification and skills. It helps. I knew this and went all out for it.. Now, I travel out at will and also have a private biz. So, my brother, its not just the degree but how prepared you are, how skillful, what job experience and then the grace of God...

3 Likes

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by mashin(m): 9:03pm On Apr 18, 2013
Its unfortunate that most government ministries and organisations believe in paper qualification instead of competence. I would advice that all class of degree holders go for exams and interviews to prove who is qualified and who is not.
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by Barayeks(m): 9:14pm On Apr 18, 2013
yuzedo: No hope bro. I gradate 2.2 uppper from prestingous universety since 40yrs ago. No job. cry No punny. cry No anytin! angry angry

I have desided to take matters into my very own hands. I want to do oil bunkery. Palm-oil bunkery. or kidnappy. Dat is disposeable kid nappy.hope somebody can send me richard card to sell, af not eat good food since last years. cry
ahn ahn..... why dont you sell one of your houses at "banana island" na? LoL

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by Exponental(m): 9:20pm On Apr 18, 2013
U shldnt be worried abt 2.2. Well, I narrowly missed d 2.1. Though I waited a yr after quitting my nysc job (though retained on contract), but presently, I'm on my 3rd job. All d 3 jobs were within 7months. No connection, no much experience, but Divine favour.

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
Information matas a lot, I knw a 3rd class graduate bt a guru in autocad and earns 20k daily from chevron.its all abt wat u can offer nt jst ur ist class or whatever
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by NOIBMUUL(m): 9:53pm On Apr 18, 2013
spicyp: My elder sister graduated with 3rd class,she's working now and her monthly salary is 100k

She be olosho. GBAM!!!
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by qenneth: 10:09pm On Apr 18, 2013
2.1, 2.2 or third class doesn't matter afterall all of us went to university and saw how all these 2.1 and 2.2 were made. How many Nigerian graduates will be able to come out and say he/she didn't sort throughout his/her stay in the university.Therefore, Nigerian university certificate doesn't matter rather what you have upstairs.
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by oddy4real(m): 10:16pm On Apr 18, 2013
qenneth: 2.1, 2.2 or third class doesn't matter afterall all of us went to university and saw how all these 2.1 and 2.2 were made. How many Nigerian graduates will be able to come out and say he/she didn't sort throughout his/her stay in the university.Therefore, Nigerian university certificate doesn't matter rather what you have upstairs.
SPEAK for yourself bro. I NEVER SORTED ANYONE

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by Olicris(m): 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2013
[quote author=HotNaijaBabe]@Op..like someone advised, do not put your class of degree on your CV, and then prepare yourself adequately for every interview and tests( as the case may be)..You'll be suprised that you will surely get your desired job if you scale through company's requirements..

U guys ar all ncouragin..luv u all...help me pray dat i graduate wit 2;1
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by adewasco2k(m): 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2013
qenneth: 2.1, 2.2 or third class doesn't matter afterall all of us went to university and saw how all these 2.1 and 2.2 were made. How many Nigerian graduates will be able to come out and say he/she didn't sort throughout his/her stay in the university.Therefore, Nigerian university certificate doesn't matter rather what you have upstairs.
I understand your point but its not bounding on everyone, i never for once sort anybody while in school.

Another disturbing thing is, companies prefer graduates of Private universities and its clear that is very easy to hit 2:1 in a private varsity compared to others. i might be wrong but not far from the truth.

"The total number of 1st class graduates in my school's entire life is still below the total number of 1st class graduates in some private universities in a single year"
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by adewasco2k(m): 10:28pm On Apr 18, 2013
Olicris: U guys ar all ncouragin..luv u all...help me pray dat i graduate wit 2;1

less prayer......more work.

wish you well

1 Like

Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by 1stola: 10:29pm On Apr 18, 2013
spicyp: My elder sister graduated with 3rd class,she's working now and her monthly salary is 100k

oboi shocked shocked shocked

see runz girl na lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

i bow ooooooo. grin grin grin
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by Deewonder(f): 10:31pm On Apr 18, 2013
Gh
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by bonetalk(m): 10:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
oddy4real:
SPEAK for yourself bro. I NEVER SORTED ANYONE
thatz for you anyway
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by Sike(m): 11:59pm On Apr 18, 2013
Ofcourse there's always hope, if and only if, you believe in yourself.
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by kinsab(f): 12:04am On Apr 19, 2013
nawa oo how person go suffer finish school no job is better i drop out grin and follow my fellow guys travel go look for money on time o because money is the in-thing for life. osheeee grin
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by TolaniLuv: 12:17am On Apr 19, 2013
Bro. I feel ya pain tho! God is Able if you blve!
I came out wit 2.2 myself! Now, teaching as ALT in Japan. Making 500K monthly! All glory be to Godsmiley
Re: Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? by shex202(m): 1:14am On Apr 19, 2013
I'm a bit confused now haven read d thread from d beginning. I am 19 yrs old bt will b 20 soon graduated last year wit a 2.2 and studied accounting from a fedral university Ever since I knew my class of degree, I'v nt bin myself again. And I am considerin goin back to study anoda course like economics so I can make a 2.1 since I'm still young. Pls advice me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Third Class Candidates / TOP 5 Nigerian Oil Servicing Companies You May Like To Work In / Grand Lead Heritage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.