Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 (62451 Views)

Nigeria Becomes Ineligible For The DV-2015 Lottery.. / Us Dv Lottery Questions / 6,006 Nigerians Win 2010 Us Dv Lottery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by Acidosis(m): 8:20am On Sep 16, 2013
But why do Nigerians worry so much about this lottery stuff?

That word is a big turn off to me... Even if I must live in America.. Lottery is not my way... I do not live my life on 'chances' and 'luck', God forbid.
I hate that word, Lottery

I believe in WORK. Work for your money..and you'll have the whole world at your finger tip..

There is a level of wealth you'll acquire here in Nigeria that will keep you busy such that you'll have less time to enter and exit Amelica at will...
That is my portion..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by gulfer: 8:22am On Sep 16, 2013
Expect desperadoes to start porting to eligible African countries for their birth certificates, I trust my people grin grin cheesy
Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by Muscomide: 8:24am On Sep 16, 2013
playmode:

Join hands with who? With these ignorant buffoons who call themselves Nigerians? Just take a look at NL and see how some buffoons are supporting a bonafide criminal ifeanyi Ubah to become Governor.You want me to join hands with dumb Negroes who knowingly elect fraudsters to govern over them? Na OYO you dey ,i left Nigeria 12 years ago and i have not looked back ever since.My children are citizens of my adopted country so they will never be subject to the hellish conditions that exist in Nigeria. Most of my family members have come to join me in my new country and the ones that are still in Nigeria are crying everyday begging me to get them out of that trash hole called Nigeria.Call a spade a spade,Nigeria is a failed state inhabited by mostly morons who have lost the ability to engage their thinking faculties.Nigeria makes the simplest things very hard.If you have tasted heaven you can NEVER EVER go back to hell.

Engage your brain. If the people native to your so called 'adopted country' had failed to develop their land, would you and your family members be enjoying now. You are reaping where you have not sowed. Who do you expect to develop Nigeria for you??

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by ceejayluv(m): 8:35am On Sep 16, 2013
Muscomide:

Who do you expect to develop Nigeria for you??
I keep hearing that crappy question.
How many engineers have we churned out from our schools? Why is it that we still see minor and major road constructions still being supervised by foreigners after decades of churning out engineers?
We're not given the chance to develop and individual efforts can only scratch the surface if the govt and society at large don't support innovation, research and development. We keep celebrating Nigerians excelling in Harvard et al. but can't provide them with requisite infrastructure to transfer the knowledge down here, and you expect them to return Home?
One dude was condemning Philip Emeagwali for not coming Home to assist. Is any agency here ready to give him hundreds of millions of dollars of funds for his research here? NO, of course. And he's promptly relocated 35 of his family members from this wasteland..

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by DaaSlim(m): 8:37am On Sep 16, 2013
Acidosis: But why do Nigerians worry so much about this lottery stuff?

That word is a big turn off to me... Even if I must live in America.. Lottery is not my way... I do not live my life on 'chances' and 'luck', God forbid.
I hate that word, Lottery

I believe in WORK. Work for your money..and you'll have the whole world at your finger tip..

There is a level of wealth you'll acquire here in Nigeria that will keep you busy such that you'll have less time to enter and exit Amelica at will...
That is my portion..

Your comment diz dayz is getting me crazy ........ If i can have my ways to be hiding your comments i will be so happy.
Crap!
Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by BankuTilapia: 8:49am On Sep 16, 2013
Giant of Africa my Ghanaian assssssssss cheesy grin cheesy most nigerians deh cum get heart attack cuz of diz info. grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by Acidosis(m): 8:51am On Sep 16, 2013
playmode:

Join hands with who? With these ignorant buffoons who call themselves Nigerians? Just take a look at NL and see how some buffoons are supporting a bonafide criminal ifeanyi Ubah to become Governor.You want me to join hands with dumb Negroes who knowingly elect fraudsters to govern over them? Na OYO you dey ,i left Nigeria 12 years ago and i have not looked back ever since.My children are citizens of my adopted country so they will never be subject to the hellish conditions that exist in Nigeria. Most of my family members have come to join me in my new country and the ones that are still in Nigeria are crying everyday begging me to get them out of that trash hole called Nigeria.Call a spade a spade,Nigeria is a failed state inhabited by mostly morons who have lost the ability to engage their thinking faculties.Nigeria makes the simplest things very hard.If you have tasted heaven you can NEVER EVER go back to hell.

My brother, do you know the Nigeria you left is now occupied with your god (The Whites). They keep trooping in 'choping' your inheritance on daily basis...

Go there and worship them while they come here choping your oyel money...

I refuse to be f00led...

I'm a partaker of the Oyel money.. I go chop my inheritance till I tire.. grin

I refuse to be a 3rd class citizen..
grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by Acidosis(m): 8:56am On Sep 16, 2013
Daa Slim:

Your comment diz dayz is getting me crazy ........ If i can have my ways to be hiding your comments i will be so happy.
Crap!

smiley
I'm here to give you heart attack (a.k.a cardiac arrest)
Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by Muscomide: 9:11am On Sep 16, 2013
ceejayluv:
I keep hearing that crappy question.
How many engineers have we churned out from our schools? Why is it that we still see minor and major road constructions still being supervised by foreigners after decades of churning out engineers?
We're not given the chance to develop and individual efforts can only scratch the surface if the govt and society at large don't support innovation, research and development. We keep celebrating Nigerians excelling in Harvard et al. but can't provide them with requisite infrastructure to transfer the knowledge down here, and you expect them to return Home?
One dude was condemning Philip Emeagwali for not coming Home to assist. Is any agency here ready to give him hundreds of millions of dollars of funds for his research here? NO, of course. And he's promptly relocated 35 of his family members from this wasteland..

I do not doubt that Nigeria is a bundle of anomalies and contradictions. However, no one is going to spoon feed you. We have to seize the bull by the horn. If our so called indigenous engineers prove themselves, they will not be supervised by foreigners in their own country. I continue to maintain that it is our collective duty to develop our own country rather than this foolish urge to travel out. Just the other day, a video was posted of Nigerians perishing in the Sahara whilst trying to emigrate to Europe. Are we so hopeless as a people?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by hardbody: 9:12am On Sep 16, 2013
deeptesting:

Dude be careful, you almost dashed my last hope of living this country legitimately without headache with a robust hope of becoming a U.S citizen...I have been applying for DV Lottery that I have lost count of the year I started applying and up until now I have not given up.... My friend for the second time be very very careful..

I am not wishing you bad, but i think you are dissipating energy seeking an escape route while your contemporaries have since sat down to think of something meaningful and financially rewarding to do in Nigeria, gradually they are breaking even, keep searching for GODOT.

While at it, ask those who have gone and learn from their stories, i personally know quite a few with differing experiences. All the best though.
Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by lymelyte(m): 9:24am On Sep 16, 2013
And if I may ask,is this ineligibility for the year 2015 alone?
Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by abdulslutsky(m): 9:26am On Sep 16, 2013
gemini35:
america off all people,i, better remain in ph here dey flex,

America don turn people now..#lobatan#cheesy
Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by deeptesting(m): 9:33am On Sep 16, 2013
hardbody:

I am not wishing you bad, but i think you are dissipating energy seeking an escape route while your contemporaries have since sat down to think of something meaningful and financially rewarding to do in Nigeria, gradually they are breaking even, keep searching for GODOT.

While at it, ask those who have gone and learn from their stories, i personally know quite a few with differing experiences. All the best though.

Thank you for the advice,rest assured that I am one of those who sat back in Nigeria throwing all opportunities to abscond away and have carved a niche for myself today...So stop running your mouth worthlessly. I am sure if you venture to countries that I have been to you will never dream of coming back to this country...We all sometimes come to NL to catch fun when we are bored and don't take most comments serious....
Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by achimotan(m): 9:34am On Sep 16, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:
cheesy grin cheesy most nigerians deh cum get heart attack cuz of diz info. grin cheesy grin

you dey craze.what corncerns you
Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by ceejayluv(m): 9:38am On Sep 16, 2013
Muscomide:

I do not doubt that Nigeria is a bundle of anomalies and contradictions. However, no one is going to spoon feed you. We have to seize the bull by the horn. If our so called indigenous engineers prove themselves, they will not be supervised by foreigners in their own country. I continue to maintain that it is our collective duty to develop our own country rather than this foolish urge to travel out. Just the other day, a video was posted of Nigerians perishing in the Sahara whilst trying to emigrate to Europe. Are we so hopeless as a people?
Our population is half of USA's, landmass is 1/10th of USA's,
Population density is 5 times more than USA, hence we're relatively over-populated. If a couple of thousands of people move out,, we still have enough hands in the country- millions of idle youths.
The problem is the induced disorientation. If there's an opportunity to go where your intellect and skills may be appreciated, I believe it's anyone's God-given right to go there. Major historical world events were actualised by migration. If the British and Portuguese decided to stay Home, we may not have been "civilised" by now and they wouldn't have gotten the resources needed to further develop their place. No nation is an island, and definitely not Nigeria that hasn't even started any significant developmental process.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by adconline(m): 9:39am On Sep 16, 2013
fckyourman: It's about time we Nigerians develop our country then to let these white people discriminate us.
Talk is cheap.. Internet warrior! What have u done on ur own?
Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by adewaleafolabi(m): 9:43am On Sep 16, 2013
Muscomide:

Guy a beg park well. Who told you that Nigeria is about merits. Try the contract allocation process and learn how bad nepotism, corruption with impunity has wrecked this country.

No one is asking to be spoon fed all that we require is a system where there is
1. sanity
2. Meritocracy
3. Minimum level of corruption

Is this too much to ask

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by deeptesting(m): 9:45am On Sep 16, 2013
fr3do:

'the lamentations of a desperate man'
cheesy

It is not desperation, it is simply an aspiration and desire for a better life...Let us stop this hypocrisy, is there any Nigerian that will be offered the opportunity of going to the U.S that will reject it?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by deeptesting(m): 9:55am On Sep 16, 2013
justi4jesu:
lol....@deeptesting sorry for the headache....hahaha

Thank you for sympathizing with me but it seems the unwanted is becoming the obvious....Let me rush down to Walter Carrignton street, i have to get this information from the horses mouth..I hope those over zealous maiguards don't try any thing stewpid at the gate.
Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by fr3do(m): 10:05am On Sep 16, 2013
deeptesting:

It is not desperation, it is simply an aspiration and desire for a better life...Let us stop this hypocrisy, is there any Nigerian that will be offered the opportunity of going to the U.S that will reject it?

pathetic!
if na so,how will our country develop with the brain drain and loss of manpower?
Unpatriotic Niqqas!
Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by trolling(m): 10:08am On Sep 16, 2013
Burger01:
Believe me some Nigerians are just hopeless. They forget that there is no place like home and wherever one is one is still regarded a Nigerian. There is nuffin in usa except you don't say the truth. I do my hols yearly in Massachusetts and I tell you people suffer in that place. Lottery my foot. It's just a slavery system that most people shy away from this reality..
Nigerians wake up and stop being third rated citizens in your host countries. Smh.
common how can you call it home, common na, there's nothing to write home about it, if it was that much of a home,you wouldn't be here on vacation, just say you wanna escape the madness from your home grin
Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 16, 2013
playmode:

Bros u've made a gud point. But as gud as it is, u're still getting it wrong. U so much hate ur fatherland with d way u sound there. U dnt need it, no matter how u change ur ID, or bleach ur skin 2 become white, or go 4 cosmetic surgery 2 change ur facial look, Probably 2 have a pointed nose, change ur accent, claim american citizenship, my brother u remain a typical nigerian. Those who gave u visa knew u more than u knw urself. No matter how u pretend, they will always treat their citizens with priority & treat u as a nigerian, except u want 2 decieve urself. So why all these bla bla bla!!! We need 2 be positive abt our land. Even in tears, I will still declare 'GOD BLESS NIGERIA'

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ineligible For US DV-2015 by Fadelex(m): 10:15am On Sep 16, 2013
so because I asked one idio1t calling Nigeria "hell" to shut his soak-away, the stewpid moderator hid my post...
so dat baastarrd moderator sees nothing wrong in calling Nigeria "hell" but d bootlicker feels it's wrong to caution a slave? hide dis one too.. I no send.... mschew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mistakes Made By First Timers Travelling By Air / Extremely Beautiful Photos Of Nigeria You Will Find Hard To Believe / First Commercial Plane To Land At Anambra Airport For Runway Testing (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.