Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

My Fiance & I Are As, Can We Get Married? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Fiance & I Are As, Can We Get Married? (995 Views)

Medical Tests Couples Must Do Before They Get Married / How I Survived Ebola - Late Nurse's Fiance / How Do My Fiance Burn Fat In Belly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiance & I Are As, Can We Get Married? by patosky84(m): 2:47pm On Apr 09, 2008
hi nairalanders,
please I'm in need of a solution. i recently realised that my fiance & I are both AS. is there any medical breakthrough to make us get married without having SS kids apart from that wc have to do with testing the foetus and aborting? undecided
Re: My Fiance & I Are As, Can We Get Married? by kathyekiti: 4:49am On Apr 10, 2008
Unfortunately, no. You have a 1/4 chance with each pregnancy you have with your fiance of having a child with ss
Re: My Fiance & I Are As, Can We Get Married? by Nobody: 9:09am On Apr 10, 2008
kathyekiti:

Unfortunately, no. You have a 1/4 chance with each pregnancy you have with your fiance of having a child with ss

i disagree with the bolded and agree with the other.

poster, u can get married. if u decide to have kids u better room for at least one very sick child. if u r in the UK, it is one of the few chances u are allowed to terminate the child like my work colleague did.

plz plz plz, think of the child(ren) before getting her pregnant.
Re: My Fiance & I Are As, Can We Get Married? by Seun(m): 9:16am On Apr 10, 2008
Already discussed here: My Girlfriend And I Are Both AS

Most married people don't like to abort their children. The woman will always feel guilty.
Re: My Fiance & I Are As, Can We Get Married? by Rlst84sale(m): 6:14pm On Apr 10, 2008
Go and research what kind of foods you can eat to help your health and if there is a way you will not bring a child into a painful life now is when you can avoid it. Do a lot of research into it before you delve into any marriage that you sit down five years down the road and think, we could have avoided this.
Re: My Fiance & I Are As, Can We Get Married? by kathyekiti: 2:33am On Apr 13, 2008
OMO IBO:

i disagree with the bolded and agree with the other.

poster, u can get married. if u decide to have kids u better room for at least one very sick child. if you're in the UK, it is one of the few chances u are allowed to terminate the child like my work colleague did.

plz plz plz, think of the child(ren) before getting her pregnant.
I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with. The poster asked if there was any breakthrough that would prevent ss children and I stated unfortunately no
Re: My Fiance & I Are As, Can We Get Married? by Mustay(m): 10:48am On Apr 13, 2008
My cousin's parents are both As and they didn't experience d negative consequences as children. Like someone posted, it's 1/4 probability of getting it good
Re: My Fiance & I Are As, Can We Get Married? by Encomium(m): 6:16pm On Apr 15, 2008
The answer to your question is no, disengage the relationship and search for your future partners to avoid had I known in future. Wishing you the best of luck.
Re: My Fiance & I Are As, Can We Get Married? by cooldude62(m): 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2008
@poster,
do you have faith?
It depends on your level of faith,
some peole are married today and they have kids who are not SS!
the parents of my candy are both AS,
yet, none of the children is SS!
if you love your spouse, please ride on my guy,
He is your strenght. shalom ( i'm feeling like a pastor)grin
Re: My Fiance & I Are As, Can We Get Married? by reindeer: 9:57pm On Apr 18, 2008
my guy!
RUN RUN RUN!!!!!
ive had to attend to SS kids in pain in the CEW and i know how easily love flies out the window when the woman is stressed by sitting at the bedside of a repeatedly ill child,
Pls dont do it! most of the parents end up blaming theirselves for the childs illness and even some wonder whether they are cursed or someting, if you are not ready to do selective embryo termination (AKA ABORTION!)of embryos that cary the SS gene, then leave,
the other option, adopt babies and decide not to have any of yours,
many people have been led into such quagmires by 'faith'.have mercy on the next generation, God will give you your 'perfect' spouse painful as the decision may be for now
shine your eyes shocked
Re: My Fiance & I Are As, Can We Get Married? by Vicjustice: 12:17am On Apr 19, 2008
patosky84:

hi nairalanders,
please I'm in need of a solution. i recently realised that my fiance & I are both AS. is there any medical breakthrough to make us get married without having SS kids apart from that wc have to do with testing the foetus and aborting? undecided

Are you still there waiting for "solution"? You're wise enough to know that both you and your partner are AS, and you know the implications of making a union, hence your worries. So now, i suppose you're as well wise enough to know that your best "solution" is to avoid what can be avoided except you want to feel sorry the rest of your life.
Re: My Fiance & I Are As, Can We Get Married? by dz(f): 2:44am On May 18, 2008
the thing is you guys would have to sacrifice something, if you really love each other and can't bear the thot of not being together, u guys could consider adopting, i know its not an easy choice. I wish you all the best in the future.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me With Info On School Of Med-lab / Excessive Sweating In Palms And Feet / Do You Think Nigeria Can Achieve The United Nations Millenium Development Goals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.