Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,467 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women (31286 Views)

Ladies: Why You Must Stop Wearing Tight Panties / See Why Younger Women Should Stop Wearing Bras / STOP WEARING BRAS! Scientists Warn Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by Slyr0x: 3:23pm On Apr 18, 2013
Bras do nothing to help support a woman’s breasts and could even be causing damage, research has found.

The Telegraph of London reported on Friday that for years, women have been taught of the virtues of a good bra in order to make the most of their assets and defy the pull of gravity. grin grin

Now a French study has claimed that breasts gain no benefit from underwear support and that women would do better to go without them.

Professor Jean-Denis Rouillon of Besançon University spent 15 years studying the anatomy of 330 women, before coming to the conclusion that bras are a “false necessity.”

Professor Rouillon said: “Medically, physiologically and anatomically, breasts gain no benefit from being denied gravity.” cheesy cheesy

The study found that breasts were firmer and sagged less in the women who did not wear a bra, and such women were no more likely than others to suffer from back pain.

The sports scientist, who has been researching the subject since 1997, using a slide rule and a caliper, found a 7mm difference in the height of bosoms; with those who went without a bra faring best against gravity.

Professor Rouillon suggested that breasts become “dependent” on lingerie support once women start wearing it, meaning that supporting muscle is under-used and degrades more quickly.

He said his initial results “validated the hypothesis that the bra is a false ‘necessity’” but that he would not advise women who have relied on bras for years to cast them aside.”

Some of the women who took part in the experiment, carried out at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire (University Hospital) in Besançon, said stopping wearing a bra had even helped ease back pains.

British research on post-menopausal women has previously suggested that those who wear a bra are more likely to suffer breast pain.

http://www.ynaija.com/stop-wearing-bras-scientists-warn-women/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by tinuolababy(f): 3:31pm On Apr 18, 2013
LOL.... i can only imagine how some bosoms will look without bra. cheesy cheesy those with big and flat Bosoms go suffer pass

8 Likes

Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by lovetterrison(m): 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2013

1 Like

Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
Wasn't a similar thread was on the frontpage last week?

5 Likes

Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2013
What a wonderful world!
Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by elampiro(m): 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
Scientists are becoming irrelevant.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
im sure those silly scientists have not met or seen the likes of Cossy Orjiakor or the grand matron of them all..Norma Stitz.

The latter carries 50kg weight of mammary tissues [all natural] on her chest,tell me how that will be possible without some sort of support from b.rez bag.

silly scientists...their certificates should be withdrawn.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by freecocoa(f): 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
This perv masquerading as a scientist should shut da fuq up joor, the bweats of the 330 women he has been looking at for 15 years never still do am? Haba!undecided

1 Like

Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by zangiff(m): 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2013
bossoms without bra, dangling galore

1 Like

Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by stonemind(f): 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
2nd to comment joooooooooor
Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2013
I would have loved to be one of the testers tongue

Strictly scientific purposes of course wink
Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by yuzedo: 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
STOP EEEETTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.........also, when u stop, jog more often in flimsy t-shirt. Pour water on front of shirt for added points. tongue tongue tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by larynxvibe: 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2013
Professor Jean-Denis Rouillon of Besançon University spent 15 years studying the anatomy of 330 women, before coming to the conclusion that bras are a “false necessity.”

prof pervvvvvvvvvvv grin
Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2013
Word!! cool

T.its T.its T.its... tongue

1 Like

Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by hrmkz: 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2013
Call to indecency.
Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by markjac01: 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
D nipples would be so obvious witout bras. Seun, which 1be tip againundecided
Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by decode55(m): 3:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
stone-mind:
2nd to comment joooooooooor

Olodo! Go and learn how to count! Or better still, migrate to etisalat. I can see mtn is screw.ing you in the a"s"s cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 18, 2013
How many times are we gonna discuss about this Bra issue on Nairaland? Is Someone trying to force Female Nairalanders not to wear bra any longer? na by force?

3 Likes

Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by MMM2(m): 4:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
Slyr0x: Bras do nothing to help support a woman’s breasts and could even be causing damage, research has found.

The Telegraph of London reported on Friday that for years, women have been taught of the virtues of a good bra in order to make the most of their assets and defy the pull of gravity. grin grin

Now a French study has claimed that breasts gain no benefit from underwear support and that women would do better to go without them.

Professor Rouillon said: “Medically, physiologically and anatomically, breasts gain no benefit from being denied gravity.” cheesy cheesy

The study found that breasts were firmer and sagged less in the women who did not wear a bra, and such women were no more likely than others to suffer from back pain.

The sports scientist, who has been researching the subject since 1997, using a slide rule and a caliper, found a 7mm difference in the height of bosoms; with those who went without a bra faring best against gravity.

Professor Rouillon suggested that breasts become “dependent” on lingerie support once women start wearing it, meaning that supporting muscle is under-used and degrades more quickly.

He said his initial results “validated the hypothesis that the bra is a false ‘necessity’” but that he would not advise women who have relied on bras for years to cast them aside.”

Some of the women who took part in the experiment, carried out at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire (University Hospital) in Besançon, said stopping wearing a bra had even helped ease back pains.

British research on post-menopausal women has previously suggested that those who wear a bra are more likely to suffer breast pain.

http://www.ynaija.com/stop-wearing-bras-scientists-warn-women/

Tell dem

Becos me am tired of tell dem (ladies)

1 Like

Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by born2fuckpussy: 4:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
Breasst without bra? Some women will not be different from bob marley or Daddy shokey, only hair do will make them different from men

2 Likes

Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by favoredc: 4:01pm On Apr 18, 2013
So many breast today are bra aided.bra is like a pillar carrying it,when removed, it falls.so i wonder what people whose breast are like slippers will do and how their breast will look like.

1 Like

Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by neksummi(m): 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2013
Some women need it ooo...
Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by paparazzi1987(m): 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2013
15 good years to study BRAology ?
Are you kidding me!
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by PHENOMCHICKSON: 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2013
i don't think that women can ever be stopped from wearing bra. I mean what will those with sagged or heavy bosoms do?
Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by FirstOpinion: 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2013
Grant Them Amnesty.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 18, 2013
hahaahaha!! my neighbour for house must hear dis grin grin
Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by miccodb(m): 4:18pm On Apr 18, 2013
Professor help me tell them. if they wont listen to me atleast they will heed yours.

1 Like

Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by nairaman66(m): 4:18pm On Apr 18, 2013
For those using groundnut with bras to make a point, how will they survive this new policy? grin
Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by ednut1(m): 4:19pm On Apr 18, 2013
15 years to study dis shit, what a fool, dose kenya nd africa women who dont wear bear, dem boobi be lie paw paw, mr scientist dey waste him time, gals will neva ditch bra, next up stop wearing pants it ............
Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by nairaman66(m): 4:22pm On Apr 18, 2013
tinuolababy: LOL.... i can only imagine how some bosoms will look without bra. cheesy cheesy those with big and flat Bosoms go suffer pass

Can you show us ur bosom for proper assessment? So we'll know where u stand on the richter scale!! wink
Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by FXKing2012(m): 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2013
Bras help women appear better endowed and that is enough reason for them to keep wearing bras.
Re: Stop Wearing Bras, Scientists Warn Women by Lilimax(f): 4:27pm On Apr 18, 2013
paparazzi1987: 15 good years to study BRAology ?
grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Ways To Prepare For Extreme Heat, As Dry Season Approaches / Help!! How Do I Get Rid Of My Purple/green Veins? / Dr. Jossy Onwude: Forbes Features A Nigerian Doctor In The UK For His Innovation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.