Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,822 members, 7,844,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

If Jesus Was Killed By Hanging??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Jesus Was Killed By Hanging??? (566 Views)

Rev King To Die By Hanging: Supreme-Court Orders / T.B Joshua Donates N5 Million To Man Whose Wife Was Killed By Police In Lagos / How Prophet ‘Daniel’ Abodunrin Was Killed & Eaten By Lions At Ibadan Zoo In 1991 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Jesus Was Killed By Hanging??? by Networkmaster(m): 4:31pm On Apr 18, 2013
I am a Christian and I strongly believe in Christ Jesus. That's what my religion thought me.
Friends, I would love to know your opinion on this issue please.

I see a lot of Christians who do the cross sign or those with the crosses in their houses or the chaplet.
Now, if Jesus was killed by hanging, electric chair or if his head was cut off? What would the Christians be using
as a sign? Is the sign really important?
I am saying this because i am not a supporter of all those crosses and so many signs.
Could someone please educate me more on this issue please? I might be getting it all wrong.
Re: If Jesus Was Killed By Hanging??? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
why would I think of such bastardly act. FYI a true christian would not have the time to think of all this trash instead of saying his prayers and doing good deads, em dey think if say jesus was tortured on an electric chair,u wicked o.
Re: If Jesus Was Killed By Hanging??? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 18, 2013
anyway...God had already pre-planned that His Son would die on the cross, not with a rope tied round his neck bruv
Re: If Jesus Was Killed By Hanging??? by Networkmaster(m): 4:55pm On Apr 18, 2013
maxwello.yg:
anyway...God had already pre-planned that His Son would die on the cross, not with a rope tied round his neck bruv

You have not answered the question my friend.
Tell me what is the important of the cross, people put in their hose or carry about in
their cars or neck?
What is Jesus was killed with an electric chair, what will they be carrying about?
Re: If Jesus Was Killed By Hanging??? by ednut1(m): 8:24pm On Apr 18, 2013
Networkmaster:

You have not answered the question my friend.
Tell me what is the important of the cross, people put in their hose or carry about in
their cars or neck?
What is Jesus was killed with an electric chair, what will they be carrying about?
ur funny, to me all dis signs, mariology,bible, pictures nd practices originate from the first church d catholics, na dem sabi
Re: If Jesus Was Killed By Hanging??? by JESUSISTHEKING(m): 7:10am On Apr 19, 2013
I personally think its idolatry to be making signs or to hold onto stuff like crosses cos remember Jesus was crucified and that wasn't the end of it,he rose from the grave meaning he conquered the cross and even the grave( death). Holding onto stuff like crosses just take us back to when he was crucified and I believe he conquered all of that. Remember Exodus 20:1-5,"You shall not make yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth." So I think hanging onto stuff like Crosses has nothing to do with Jesus cos remember He's a living God so the Cross is insignificant.And yet still if you are a born again xtian you are resurrected from death,and all is in the past,meaning if we are resurrected with Christ then crucifixion altogether has been conquered its no longer relevant its of the past so holding onto signs its prolly significant to those who are still hoping that Christ might die for their sins but I believe if u believe in Jesus u believe in the living God and stuff like crosses has no use cos they have past altogether with death and now we are resurrected and born again. That's why u are not even allowed to make signs or images that resemble God cos they are not significant nor are they relevant for he is a living God

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

“Paganism Is Man-made”....Do You Agree? / Crusade / Happy Sunday Nairalanders. What Do You Intend Doing Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.