Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Wordpress Masters Help. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Masters Help. (1154 Views)

Where Are The Wordpress Masters??? / Please Web Masters--help / Pls Masters Help Help Me O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wordpress Masters Help. by akintayo1(m): 3:31am On Apr 19, 2013
I want the articles on my pages to display just the post title, so only when the user click on it the whole article will display.
No summary or snippet. I want only the post title.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by UncleJJ(m): 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2013
akintayo1: I want the articles on my pages to display just the post title, so only when the user click on it the whole article will display.

Thanks in advance.

Your looking for a plugin. go to /extend/plugins search for "post title".

It's been a while i searched for something like this.... you might need to change your theme - i dont recommend loading your cms with plugin's - other themes do with hooks.

But, if your good with computers you can look up wordpress hooks and search for post-title. Then add it on your homepage.

Their should be a cheat sheet for that.
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by donguutti: 11:03pm On Apr 19, 2013
use the more tag on the post maker /editor, put immediately after the header , i,e let it be the first thing on the
main body of the post

TITle

More tag

rest of story
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by UncleJJ(m): 12:43am On Apr 20, 2013
donguutti: use the more tag on the post maker /editor, put immediately after the header , i,e let it be the first thing on the
main body of the post

TITle

More tag

rest of story

it just can pull post titles like that can it ?
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by akintayo1(m): 10:51pm On Apr 20, 2013
Thanks all, I have resolved it. I will place the url here later when am done with the design. Thanks.
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by khadri: 10:14am On Apr 22, 2013
pls how can i change the logo in wordpress twenty eleven theme
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by yomalex(m): 10:32am On Apr 22, 2013
khadri: pls how can i change the logo in wordpress twenty eleven theme

You may have to change from the theme folder
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by khadri: 7:54pm On Apr 22, 2013
yomalex:

You may have to change from the theme folder
wthe whole theme folder,right?
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by bosunng: 12:15am On Apr 23, 2013
akintayo1: Thanks all, I have resolved it. I will place the url here later when am done with the design. Thanks.

How did you go about it? Pls tell me too, I need help on it.
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by bosunng: 12:19am On Apr 23, 2013
Hi Friends, I am creating an events website for the sales of tickets and coupons. After installing WPEventTicketing plugin, how do I create the events in posts and include the ticket with prices in Naira.

Any suggestion pls...
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by brine(m): 6:36pm On Apr 23, 2013
akintayo1: I want the articles on my pages to display just the post title, so only when the user click on it the whole article will display.

Thanks in advance.

It depends on your theme. In most wordpress themes the file for outputting the homepage are usually "index.php" or home.php".

Find any of the files and open it in your wordpress theme editor,then look for "the_content()" or "the_excerpt()" and delete it. That should definitely do the magic cheesy
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by mededot(m): 11:59pm On Apr 24, 2013
There are actually a few ways to achieve this. The more experienced users will go to Appearance > Editor and edit the page templates there... But for Beginners (which is why Wordpress is so awesome), a really simple way to do it would be to use the More tag as already pointed out.

When you are creating a post, place your cursor anywhere you want and click the Insert More Tag button (Alt + shift + T). This overrides the default wordpress setting of 55 words excerpts...

I hope this helps!
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by akintayo1(m): 11:23am On May 21, 2013
Thanks all for your useful contribution, this is how I got it done without getting my hands dirty with codes.

The theme I used is called "mantra" wp theme. It has an optional home page with slider without any room for post, this makes it easier for me to hide the post page from users, using wp plugin called "hide pages" since the post page now become a seperate page on is own.

So, all blog post goes to the post page automatically, now, what I do is, after publishing my post which can not be visible to anyone visiting the blog, I now create a static page where I manually type the post title linking it to the url of the post.

When you click on the title on this static page, it call the original post to show in full article lenght.

You may ask why all this process, what I want is the post title only, no snippet, no read more button, no sharing option, no comment box to appear on this page, just a page with only the list of all articles on the site and nothing more.

Not what I want, is what the client needed. I design it for a client, though, no css or html skill involved, just a wordpress blog. Apart from the homepage with a little html imput, nothing special about it.

Thanks.
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by CALEB65(m): 3:37pm On Jun 19, 2013
pls how can i design a website with wordpress and having an admin page which allow his ta upload music....pls help
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by greenmouse(m): 3:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
you can set this from your site options, or theme option setting.

on home setting or general settings
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by Opiosko: 7:58pm On Jun 19, 2013
Please how do i put an opt-in form on my wordpress blog side bar?. Please help i can't see where 2 insert a form table on wordpress. Thanks all.
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by cfranzel(m): 8:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
Opiosko: Please how do i put an opt-in form on my wordpress blog side bar?. Please help i can't see where 2 insert a form table on wordpress. Thanks all.

You can put arbitrary HTML code in widget(called text) for the sideBar..
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by miracle4(m): 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
Opiosko: Please how do i put an opt-in form on my wordpress blog side bar?. Please help i can't see where 2 insert a form table on wordpress. Thanks all.
here is it man http://www.3ptechies.com/how-to-add-mailchimp-newsletter-opt-in-form-to-blogger-joomla-smf-drupal-html-sites.html
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by mededot(m): 7:40pm On Jul 14, 2013

Install the plugin called jetpack. Connect it to your account and use the subscription widget that comes with jetpack.
Re: Wordpress Masters Help. by akintayo1(m): 9:40am On Jul 15, 2013
mededot:

Install the plugin called jetpack. Connect it to your account and use the subscription widget that comes with jetpack.
I think the guy has is own custom autoresponder, what he need to do is insert his code into any arbitary text/html widget and drag it to siebar.

the same thing as copy and pasting of affiliate or banner code into widget to display on sidebar.

(1) (Reply)

Creative Market Vs Themeforest / Upgrade To Windows 10 Free Download Full Version / My Free Wordpress Installation Service For Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.