Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Please Web Masters--help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Web Masters--help (1195 Views)

Nigerian Bloggers And Web Masters! Post Your Websites Here For Review. / Wordpress Masters Help. / Pls Masters Help Help Me O (2) (3) (4)

Please Web Masters--help by Okponee: 12:21pm On May 30, 2013
Hi there! I need help on this issue.
I find it impossible to log into my website www.migrate2web.com, which I'm hosting through a reseller hosting account I got for my sites. Each time I try to do so, I get the error message below:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@migrate2web.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Please what could be the cause?
Re: Please Web Masters--help by Afam4eva(m): 12:29pm On May 30, 2013
It's most definitely a web server issue. make sure that your codes are in good working condition.

What did you use to build your website? Wordpress? or your coded it from scratch?
Re: Please Web Masters--help by miracle4(m): 9:53pm On May 30, 2013
make a back up of & delete your current .htcss file . it should be the culprit here
Re: Please Web Masters--help by Okponee: 9:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva: It's most definitely a web server issue. make sure that your codes are in good working condition.

What did you use to build your website? Wordpress? or your coded it from scratch?

I used joomla for the website on the root directory and wordpress for a blog
Re: Please Web Masters--help by Okponee: 9:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
miracle4: make a back up of & delete your current .htcss file . it should be the culprit here

Tnx Miracle. But how can I make a back up of the file?
Re: Please Web Masters--help by miracle4(m): 1:04am On Jun 04, 2013
Okponee:

Tnx Miracle. But how can I make a back up of the file?
go from your cpanel ==> file manager ==>"show hidden files" back it up or simply add .txt to it
Re: Please Web Masters--help by matthews(m): 11:55pm On Jun 05, 2013
It could be u have exceed ur bandwith. Contack ur hosting company and explain the issue.
I am starting a club that the member will pull their resources together to buy clickbank product. If u are interested send ur name phone no and email to- freewebsiteoffer101@gmail.com or text 08027242699
Re: Please Web Masters--help by Okponee: 8:14pm On Jun 06, 2013
miracle4: go from your cpanel ==> file manager ==>"show hidden files" back it up or simply add .txt to it

Hope u are talking of .htaccess file. I located such a file and quickly moved to add the .txt to it. Then when I checked again, I noticed that there's a .htaccess.txt file dated July 19, 2011 and a .htaccess dated today. Yet, the site doesn't still show up.Pls is there any of the steps that I didn't take properly? I woudn't know which one to delete.
Re: Please Web Masters--help by miracle4(m): 9:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
Okponee:

Hope u are talking of .htaccess file. I located such a file and quickly moved to add the .txt to it. Then when I checked again, I noticed that there's a .htaccess.txt file dated July 19, 2011 and a .htaccess dated today. Yet, the site doesn't still show up.Pls is there any of the steps that I didn't take properly? I woudn't know which one to delete.
mail me your details, I will help you for free . guru[at]obasimvilla.com
Re: Please Web Masters--help by Okponee: 11:35am On Jun 20, 2013
miracle4: mail me your details, I will help you for free . guru[at]obasimvilla.com

@Miracle4
Tnx very much for ur help, but I would really prefer to be guided to do it myself as I'm venturing into this area. But an additional info is that when I log into the fantastico, I have the info below, which I don't know if that can be the cause:

'You have reached the maximum of allowed MySQL databases. Fantastico can not proceed with installations until you upgrade your account or reduce the number of used databases (for example by uninstalling a script).'
Re: Please Web Masters--help by cfranzel(m): 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2013
Hello

Try to rename your .htaccess file
Re: Please Web Masters--help by Okponee: 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
c.franzel:
Hello

Try to rename your .htaccess file

@ c. franzel: Tnx for ur suggestion. I will try it. Hope I can useany other name for it?
Re: Please Web Masters--help by databoy247(m): 10:42am On Jun 26, 2013
Okponee:

@Miracle4
Tnx very much for ur help, but I would really prefer to be guided to do it myself as I'm venturing into this area. But an additional info is that when I log into the fantastico, I have the info below, which I don't know if that can be the cause:

'You have reached the maximum of allowed MySQL databases. Fantastico can not proceed with installations until you upgrade your account or reduce the number of used databases (for example by uninstalling a script).'

It means you are allowed just an additional Sql database. In other words you cant setup more than one sub domain. So its either u delete the existing one or u make provision for more than one sub domain in your WHM if u hav d permission to do so.
Re: Please Web Masters--help by cfranzel(m): 5:01pm On Jun 28, 2013
Okponee:

@ c. franzel: Tnx for ur suggestion. I will try it. Hope I can useany other name for it?

Yes :

Example : .htaccess to .htacces_old , open your browser and see the result..
Re: Please Web Masters--help by Okponee: 6:39pm On Jul 01, 2013
c.franzel:

Yes :

Example : .htaccess to .htacces_old , open your browser and see the result..

I have done it, yet the site doesn't appear when loaded.
Re: Please Web Masters--help by Yinksey(m): 9:39pm On Jul 01, 2013
That error is usually associated with ur web server, which means you might have misconfigured, or maybe your are trying to use sef url while its not properly configured on ur web server, you might try to check ur configuration and configure properly, or try renaming ur .htaccess file. To e.g .htaccess.txt.
Re: Please Web Masters--help by Okponee: 1:37pm On Jul 03, 2013
Yinksey: That error is usually associated with ur web server, which means you might have misconfigured, or maybe your are trying to use sef url while its not properly configured on ur web server, you might try to check ur configuration and configure properly, or try renaming ur .htaccess file. To e.g .htaccess.txt.

Tnx Yinksey, but I've renamed the .htaccess file, yet the problem still continues.

What Happens When Bloggers/forum Owners Die? / How To Make Money From Store Owners Online / Register And Get Paid For Referrals And Reviews