Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website (24034 Views)

Can You Design A SOCIAL NETWORKING WEBSITE From Scratch ? / How To Create A Social Networking Site Like Facebook Using Wapka / Creating A Social Networking Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by NonFarmPayrol: 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2013
this is nice, we need these kind of brains and not all these tribal bigots on this thread who cant see anything good beyond their tribe angry

1 Like

Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by lekanwj(m): 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2013
Impressive. The site looks ok but the young man needs to remove the benue issues and make it have more national coloration.
My boy must start getting gadgets as gifts o. he must not miss out of the opportunities in the digital age

1 Like

Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by maclatunji: 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2013
The boy and his parents are doing well. The world should fear Nigerian domination of the Internet. Slowly but surely, more people are embracing lawful online activity instead of scam. If you are a scammer, repent before it is too late.
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Shifiunited: 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2013
collins123: Click LIKE if you checked out the chap's website after reading the thread.
Actually, I checked out the chap's website before reading the thread. Still eligible to click like?
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by brightedge(m): 12:55pm On Apr 19, 2013
Well, coming from a 14 year old, I'll say its impressive.

BTW, from a programming perspective, I don't think the website is really innovative (judging from the meaning of the word). Its basically a content management system, see http://grou.ps/home. The CMS is not very popular but it has existed since 2005. I commend his efforts because I've not done much myself. But that does not take away the fact that we have to more creative.
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by brownlord: 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2013
biolabee:

Thuinder fire you 100 times
We will not miss your intrinsic stewpidity

May this boy go from grace to grace

Who release this one from chain?
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by hafeesa: 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2013
quote author=bright_edge]Well, coming from a 14 year old, I'll say its impressive.

BTW, from a programming perspective, I don't think the website is really innovative (judging from the meaning of the word). Its basically a content management system, see http://grou.ps/home. The CMS is not very popular but it has existed since 2005. I commend his efforts because I've not done much myself. But that does not take away the fact that we have to more creative.
[/quote]

*raised eyebrow*
It's beautiful! It's wonderful having a Nigerian, especially one so young, pull off something this innovative. I admire him and for the first time in a rather long while, he makes me proud to be Nigerian. In the midst of all the ugliness and evil that have taken over the news for quite some time now, it's a joyous relief to have this bit of news that shows such promise and talent.
I don't care which part of the country he's from, he's Nigerian and all Nigerians should be proud. I already signed up in fact. He's definitely made his parents proud.

1 Like

Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by yuzedo: 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2013
Terkura’s 77-year-old father, Paul, told our correspondent that right from age four, his son had always insisted that he is presented with various gadgets as birthday gifts.
Na so fück dey sweet wey person dey born at age 64yrs?! undecided THE GREAT BENUE STATE! grin cheesy
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by biolabee(m): 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2013
lekanwj: Impressive. The site looks ok but the young man needs to remove the benue issues and make it have more national coloration.
My boy must start getting gadgets as gifts o. he must not miss out of the opportunities in the digital age

This is what I want to hear
How this is encouraging parents and future parents and how the next gen can tap into the IT world
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by biolabee(m): 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2013
yuzedo:
Na so fück dey sweet wey person dey born at age 64yrs?! undecided THE GREAT BENUE STATE! grin cheesy

Na today
No be only benue state
Ojukwu married an old man
Playboy man hefner still gets his groove on

Men get better as they age
Na women dey step down after 40
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Ibukune(m): 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2013
Bibol: Good education paid off... Hillcrest is one of the best schools we have in this country.
Thumbs up to the boy

Guess u stay in j.
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by biolabee(m): 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2013
brownlord:

Who release this one from chain?

ehya at least im free, you still dey dungeon
konvict
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by adegbitown: 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2013
Gud one. Guy's lucky he went public soon enough. There're other young champs that own social netwks like dis bt av nt gone public. E.g is www.gistcaster.com owned by a former Futarian. Develpd it while he was in sch. Up Naija.
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by gameaddict(m): 1:40pm On Apr 19, 2013
Not to be a killjoy but he's definitely using a script or service, seems like grou.ps. As far as marketing goes however, this is smart. People are signing up. I guess being young is the main selling point nowadays.

Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by touchmeder: 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2013
small Seun

1 Like

Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by ZN2: 1:58pm On Apr 19, 2013
gameaddict: Not to be a killjoy but he's definitely using a script or service, seems like grou.ps. As far as marketing goes however, this is smart. People are signing up. I guess being young is the main selling point nowadays.

Yeah, being young.

Infact, I'm gonna launch a portal and market it under my 6year old relative. That outta do the trick.
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by luluosas(m): 2:04pm On Apr 19, 2013
Wonderful concept, good initiative. I pray he succeeds beyond his expectations.

1 Like

Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by gbokukueba(m): 2:43pm On Apr 19, 2013
This is the prblem i have with Nigerian owned sites... i joined his site about 3 hours ago and i have received 2 requests from girls wanting to be my 'friend'...
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by sluvy4tune(m): 2:55pm On Apr 19, 2013
Lets not stop at comments we can also register and make it hit...

i no sey seun go vex sha undecided
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Venchy: 3:34pm On Apr 19, 2013
GraceBestowed: Excellent effort from someone so young! This website reminds me of the days of Hi5, the font especially!

Lol....Did you managed to find yourself a nice bloke on Hi5?
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by miracle4(m): 4:09pm On Apr 19, 2013
that's a great one I remembered creating similar thing with http://www.grou.ps as he did 3years ago
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by Rick9(m): 4:11pm On Apr 19, 2013
~vicky~:

it is people like this that are why the world is such a horrible place. Everyone spends all their time looking for the worst in any given situation “one stop shop for pedoophi~les” because the worst is something to talk about. angry Here is a great concept if you think you can do it better than go and do it rather than spending your time here criticizing this young mans work...ode! angry
See Ya wide Mouth when you take dey vomit nonsense
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by chuqudy(m): 4:17pm On Apr 19, 2013
This one na bookface
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by iampatricius(m): 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2013
Well, his effort is commendable (even as young as he is) and if he can propel his innate IT-covered talent to a zenith, he's gonna be a big hotshot!!! Big ups to his fabulous parents who saw the ''fire'' in him! And his computer teacher. God bless
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by vascey(m): 4:59pm On Apr 19, 2013
bbpreye.:
1st!

Choi! I vowed never to post any comment on Nairaland after Seun refused to grant me and ebamma amnesty during the garri wars! But today I turn a new leaf cos what I just achieved now is what over one million members on this forum are wasting bandwidths night and day to achieve.

Today I made it! If BBpreye can make it, you too can make it here one day.

@topic... Good inovation from such a young chap. I pray he succeds on his venture!

Comrade no vex o... But don't you find it a "tiny little bit" awkward that you are here doing first to comment while some fourteen year old in "Nigeria's strife ravaged city of Jos" is creating his own social network and is being featured on a national daily (oops that's the topic of the thread).

No pun intended. Just asking.
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by 9japatroit(m): 5:12pm On Apr 19, 2013
gysl1973: Nice one future YAHOO BOY, more oyel to ur laptop,

THUNDER FIRE ANYBODY WHEN GO INSULT ME
bros take am easy now.
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by omotodun1(m): 5:41pm On Apr 19, 2013
vascey:

Comrade no vex o... But don't you find it a "tiny little bit" awkward that you are here doing first to comment while some fourteen year old in "Nigeria's strife ravaged city of Jos" is creating his own social network and is being featured on a national daily (oops that's the topic of the thread).

Comrade no vex o... But don't you find it a "tiny little bit" awkward that you are here asking why someone is doing first to comment while some fourteen year old in "Nigeria's strife ravaged city of Jos" is creating his own social network and is being featured on a national daily (oops that's the topic of the thread).

Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by dansmog(m): 6:42pm On Apr 19, 2013
ọmọ_τó_dùn:

Comrade no vex o... But don't you find it a "tiny little bit" awkward that you are here asking why someone is doing first to comment while some fourteen year old in "Nigeria's strife ravaged city of Jos" is creating his own social network and is being featured on a national daily (oops that's the topic of the thread).

omo-to-dun please i need your help, can i get your email? Thank you
Re: Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website by omotodun1(m): 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2013
^
shyzai YAHOO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is A CAPTCHA And What Is It Used For In Web Browsing? / 5 Ways People Find Themselves On Nairaland. / 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.