Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,391 members, 7,954,569 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:44 PM

Please Quick One For The House On Salary Expectation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Quick One For The House On Salary Expectation (699 Views)

Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Is It Wise For A Woman To Give Her Husband Part Of Her Monthly Salary? / His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Quick One For The House On Salary Expectation by nikfop: 11:27am On Apr 19, 2013
Please i have an interview next week for the position of an office manager in a international premier mobile music service coy.
What is the salary range for this position in similar coys?
Presently my salary is 120k as a PA which has been not being increased since i joined the coy like 3yrs ago cos i'm a contract staff. I have over 6yrs experience in administration.
I will love to work with ds coy based on my research so far.
I look 4ward to ur quick responses.
Thank you
Re: Please Quick One For The House On Salary Expectation by biolabee(m): 11:34am On Apr 19, 2013
Congrats on getting a call.. its always good to put yourself out there

You have to do some bit of research on the coy then u can judge how much you can get

For me money is key but shd not be all considering your responsibilities will be much more which will sell your cv

Anything from 1.5 times your current pay is ok
Other factors you shd consider which is moe important

- Training (or in another case time to pursue further education)
- Prospects

If its looks good on your cv, you can leave in another 3 years for much more u are earning now
Re: Please Quick One For The House On Salary Expectation by nikfop: 12:03pm On Apr 19, 2013
biolabee: Congrats on getting a call.. its always good to put yourself out there

You have to do some bit of research on the coy then u can judge how much you can get

For me money is key but shd not be all considering your responsibilities will be much more which will sell your cv

Anything from 1.5 times your current pay is ok
Other factors you shd consider which is moe important

- Training (or in another case time to pursue further education)
- Prospects

If its looks good on your cv, you can leave in another 3 years for much more u are earning now

Thanks Biola
There is no way i can get in touch wit anyone is d coy that is y i am here to hear from people working in media houses to know whats the salary range for this position.
I really appreciate your reply. Been thinking about 250k above as well but i don't want to mention something lower or higher cos i will love want to work there.
Re: Please Quick One For The House On Salary Expectation by biolabee(m): 12:25pm On Apr 19, 2013
Hmmm...unfortunately don't know much about the media industry but just be confident and you must be better off

I don't know how old you are but if you worked at your last role for 6 yrs you should be at the 30 range plus or minus 2 yrs so you need to be strategic to derive good value (not only money but it is important)

Are you looking for a payday or a stepping stone

If there is no opportunity for development then go for a payday and clean out
Re: Please Quick One For The House On Salary Expectation by nikfop: 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2013
biolabee: Hmmm...unfortunately don't know much about the media industry but just be confident and you must be better off

I don't know how old you are but if you worked at your last role for 6 yrs you should be at the 30 range plus or minus 2 yrs so you need to be strategic to derive good value (not only money but it is important)

Are you looking for a payday or a stepping stone

If there is no opportunity for development then go for a payday and clean out

In my 30s smiley
Please can you shed more light on "payday & stepping stone?
Thank you
Re: Please Quick One For The House On Salary Expectation by biolabee(m): 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2013
nikfop:
In my 30s smiley
Please can you shed more light on "payday & stepping stone?
Thank you

Payday is money
Stepping stone is just a metaphor for career

Questions you should be interested in

What does an office manager role mean
What does it entail, is it admin or IT and whats the link to the media industry u crave
Re: Please Quick One For The House On Salary Expectation by nikfop: 1:57pm On Apr 19, 2013
biolabee:

Payday is money
Stepping stone is just a metaphor for career

Questions you should be interested in

What does an office manager role mean
What does it entail, is it admin or IT and whats the link to the media industry u crave

Thank You.I can always Google for d role.
I guess it is admin
Please can i have your email? couldn't get it from here
Re: Please Quick One For The House On Salary Expectation by Chaulay1: 7:12pm On Apr 19, 2013
Office manager position is a combination of general administration, logistics, basic IT skills and finance (for managing petty cash depending on how big the company is).

The salary varies depending on how big and buoyant the org is. But since it is an int'l org, they should be willing to pay anything from 200k.

(1) (Reply)

BIZZARE. Six Killed, As Hoodlums Clash In Lagos / New Born Baby Found In Sewer Pipe. ALIVE!!! / Conjoined Twins Born To Jobless Abuja Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.