Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,917 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Some Really Cool Optical Illusions - Art, Graphics & Video (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Some Really Cool Optical Illusions (29947 Views)

Another Look At Optical Illusions (can You Spot The Faces) / MEANING OF ILLUSION (A THREAD FOR OPTICAL ILLUSIONS) / New Nairaland Wallpaper (really Cool !) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by anitank(f): 1:53am On Apr 21, 2013
ItsModella:
babe, why e be say na only you wey never see am for CCW? grin
i don finally see am oooo grin
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 1:53am On Apr 21, 2013
finally, praise Master Jesus grin grin
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by anitank(f): 1:56am On Apr 21, 2013
ItsModella: finally, praise Master Jesus grin grin
LMAO!! i swear.......go and sleep joor grin grin
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by spikesC(m): 2:49am On Apr 21, 2013
i think she's now doing somersault cheesy
That babe too get skills o grin
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by anitank(f): 3:01am On Apr 21, 2013
spikes C: i think she's now doing somersault cheesy
That babe too get skills o grin
hahaha if i hear
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by adonisgold: 4:50am On Apr 21, 2013
ItsModella:
Bonkers!! Screw the explanation, one is definitely bigger than the other.
they are the same size. I measured them
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 21, 2013
kramer:

When you open your eyes keep blinking rapidly
what's going to happen then?
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 21, 2013
ItsModella:
I don't know if she rotates both ways, hell I don't even know what direction she's really rotating in. I think it's just our eyes playing wild tricks on us. grin grin
grin grin grin the brain playing tricks
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by mrsuperswag(m): 7:51am On Apr 21, 2013
adaobi123:

this one always gets me grin

Concentrate on the four dots in the middle of the picture for about 30 seconds. Then close your eyes, or look up toward the ceiling. Within seconds you will see an image. Continue looking at the image…What Do You See?? Is it a heavenly sign?
[color=#990000][/color][quote][/quote] That shit dont work!
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 21, 2013
adaobi123:

this one always gets me grin

Concentrate on the four dots in the middle of the picture for about 30 seconds. Then close your eyes, or look up toward the ceiling. Within seconds you will see an image. Continue looking at the image…What Do You See?? Is it a heavenly sign?
i saw the face of Jesus
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by pafo(m): 8:20am On Apr 21, 2013
That Jesus stuff is awesome. It keeps getting bigger fo me. Super cool.
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by adahib: 8:37am On Apr 21, 2013
Billyonaire: Funny thing is, I have been looking, but cant see nothing there

I keep trying but I keep coming up empty.ain't seeing nothing too.
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Damon03(m): 8:52am On Apr 21, 2013
adahib:

I keep trying but I keep coming up empty.ain't seeing nothing too.
Use another screen to view it
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Mustay(m): 9:10am On Apr 21, 2013
rodeo0070: Mind if I join you?

The 2nd is quite a test. love it
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by EasyNaijacom: 10:08am On Apr 21, 2013

About the spinning girl photo, you guys can argue and punch each other if you want, but the fact still remains that the photo is simply a flat cut-out of a shadow... She can be perceived to be spinning both ways because she's not actually in 3D like our brain perceives it to be.

Think of this:
If you stand facing a big wall in front of some bright white light and someone stands behind you and their shadow appears on the wall, how would you be able to tell if that person is facing you or has his back turned to you? The truth is you just cannot tell without turning to look at the person, so everyone is right on this one.
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by DeHero1: 12:47pm On Apr 21, 2013
_maverick: cheesy

The upper body facing forwards and from the waist downwards the opposite direction. The shadow also agrees with the legs.
If you look from the waist up she's turning in on direction but if you look from waist down the opposite direction and if you use both, well, na ur head go turn.

Guy, no use bread pack my stew abeg. U dey confuse me. How u go say my head go turn?
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by christygenius(f): 4:22pm On Apr 21, 2013
wat abt dis on. looking at it seems as if d zig-zag designs re moving and drawing closer to d eyes..

Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 21, 2013
sweetmimi: it spins both ways
So which way do you see it spinnig? For me it's clockwise.
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:44pm On Apr 21, 2013
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2013
rodeo0070: ...
Nawa o!
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by DAVE5(m): 12:23am On Apr 22, 2013
Ijogz K: Only an insan.e person Wuld see dat as counter clockwise, den one of dose peeps in d Temple Run is defo bigger.

Nice illusions though, cuz some were very real

do u know what brov,, some times i play wit my own mind, e.g i saw it as clockwise and still reconstructed it as counterclockwise,like i play wit d fan wen its rollin, i see it as clockwise and reconstruct it as counter clockwise in my mind, some times i tend to forget the real direction sef grin grin grin
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by vichimcool: 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
Pls check if He is Jesus Christ for me, since u can see well...lol grin
pafo: That Jesus stuff is awesome. It keeps getting bigger fo me. Super cool.
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 25, 2013
holamiday: very good, but i don't think any sane person would see the girl as spinning counterclockwise.
Yes yes yes i've seen the anticlockwise motion o though it took a lot of concentration sha. i Retract my former post o.
Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by Nobody: 4:10pm On Apr 27, 2013
and this is a master piece

Re: Some Really Cool Optical Illusions by BossTtdiamonds(m): 12:35am On Apr 28, 2013
EasyNaija.com:

About the spinning girl photo, you guys can argue and punch each other if you want, but the fact still remains that the photo is simply a flat cut-out of a shadow... She can be perceived to be spinning both ways because she's not actually in 3D like our brain perceives it to be.

Think of this:
If you stand facing a big wall in front of some bright white light and someone stands behind you and their shadow appears on the wall, how would you be able to tell if that person is facing you or has his back turned to you? The truth is you just cannot tell without turning to look at the person, so everyone is right on this one.

I finally understand this illusion... the image is not rotating, rather it is moving from right to left and left to right in a linear 180 degree motion.. the illusion comes in when your brain thinks the image is moving 360 degree.....
If you want to figure it out, look at the image a few heights above your eye.. i.e raising your device few inches above your head.. the image should move in the other direction that when you're looking at it head on....
Nice concept though...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

20 Signs You’re A Creative Person. / Falomo Bridge Art By Nigerian Students Now At The Thames London / Learn 3D Animation. Step by step. GET GOOD VIDEO TUTORIALS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.