Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Database Creation - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Database Creation (772 Views)

Blog Creation And Traffic Generation / I Need All In One Php Forum Script And The Process Of Database Creation / Moving To Oop Javascript/php Class Module Creation & Instantiation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Database Creation by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 19, 2013
can i build my database using microsoft access, pls wich 1 is the best for creating database, i want to host the site ASAP
Re: Database Creation by switchmax8: 7:46am On Apr 20, 2013
i will advice you to use mysql it is easy and adaptable to most localhost when you want to test it
Re: Database Creation by yawatide(f): 12:08pm On Apr 20, 2013
I wouldn't use access for anything other than school assignments.

mysql and sql server are the way to go.

good luck!
Re: Database Creation by sisqology(m): 12:27pm On Apr 20, 2013
Micro what NO way
Re: Database Creation by PGON(m): 3:55pm On Apr 20, 2013
Most hosting company offer MYSQL and MYSQL database manipulation tools (MYSQL wizard and PHPMyAdmin).

Go for MYSQL

Don't consider access for live website.
Re: Database Creation by Camola(m): 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2013
dont try it
Re: Database Creation by ekel101: 9:53pm On Apr 20, 2013
The best i can recommend is MySQL, Its has been integrated into WAMP or ZAMP server, all you need to do is download WAMP or ZAMP, Its easier and you dont even need to know the Queries, Cos it has an inbuilt UI that allows you to create tables without writing codes, Just like Dreamweaver it writes the queries for you,
Bobskylo: can i build my database using microsoft access, pls wich 1 is the best for creating database, i want to host the site ASAP
Re: Database Creation by Nobody: 3:57am On Apr 21, 2013
PGON: Most hosting company offer MYSQL and MYSQL database manipulation tools (MYSQL wizard and PHPMyAdmin).

Go for MYSQL

Don't consider access for live website.
PLSE PUT ME TRU WITH IT
Re: Database Creation by PGON(m): 5:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
Bobskylo: PLSE PUT ME TRU WITH IT
Do you have cpanel?... i will put you through
Re: Database Creation by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 26, 2013
PGON:
Do you have cpanel?... i will put you through
I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE PHP v5.4
HOPE I CAN START FROM DIA? IF SO HW? OR DO I NEED MORE TO DOWNLOAD?
THANKS DEAR
Re: Database Creation by PGON(m): 5:37pm On Apr 27, 2013
Bobskylo:
I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE PHP v5.4
HOPE I CAN START FROM DIA? IF SO HW? OR DO I NEED MORE TO DOWNLOAD?
THANKS DEAR

if you intend to build local server...

Download XAMPP php,mysql, apache etc ==> included.. on one package..

Easy to install

Go for XAMPP

download link [presumed you are running windows OS]
http://www.apachefriends.org/download.php?xampp-win32-1.8.1-VC9-installer.exe

(1) (Reply)

4 Nigerian Startups Among Top 40 Startups To Pitch At DEMO AFRICA / Any Good Web Designer/developer In Need Of Contact Office In Port Harcourt? / mnth..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.