Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

4 Nigerian Startups Among Top 40 Startups To Pitch At DEMO AFRICA - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 4 Nigerian Startups Among Top 40 Startups To Pitch At DEMO AFRICA (772 Views)

Pitch To Build Our Online Store / 4 Nigerian Web Developers Win Etisalat’s Awards / Clients Who Cheat Web Designers After Getting A Demo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Nigerian Startups Among Top 40 Startups To Pitch At DEMO AFRICA by rampng: 2:09am On Sep 06, 2013
4 Nigerian startups are among the 40 African entrepreneurs selected to launch at this year’s DEMO Africa conference, held in Nairobi, Kenya, on October 24 and 25. DEMO Africa is a must-attend event for both investors, entrepreneurs, tech media & others looking for Africa’s “next big things”.

This year DEMO Africa will again launch 40 of the most innovative start-ups in Africa and highlight some of the best new technology innovations from across the continent. The 40 finalists have gone through three rigorous screening processes with the final vetting and adjudication done by a pan-African panel of judges comprised of entrepreneurs, VCs and Academia. The Judges included Dele Akinsade, Martin Butler, Rebecca Enonchong, Louis Fourie, Stephen Gugu, Ally Hussein, Muchiri Nyaggah, Kevin Schuster, Toby Shapshak, Moses Sitati, Anthony Stonefield, Hesham Wahby.

A total of 300 serious applications were processed in lead to this event. These were then short listed to 160 ventures before a selection of the final 40 was made. The ventures cover five categories including Mobile Technology, Social Media, Consumer Products, Cloud Services and Enterprise Technologies. On October 24-25, these 40 entrepreneurs will present their plans before a global audience of investors, media, strategic buyers, C-level executives and other entrepreneurs.

Kenya and South Africa take a big chunk of the final 40, Egypt and Nigeria are third and fourth. This year we see a strong representation of North Africa with Morocco and Tunis, next to Egypt. Other countries represented include South Africa, Ghana, Uganda, Ethiopia, Cameroon, Tanzania and Zimbabwe.

http://vc4africa.biz/blog/2013/09/05/top-40-startups-selected-for-demo-africa-2013/

We are excited to announce that our startup RAMP www.ramp.com.ng is among the 4 Nigerian startups selected. The full list of Nigerian startups selected are :

1. www.chopup.me
2. www.otgplaya.com
3. www.ramp.com.ng
4. [url]saveandbuy.com.ng[/url]

We will be pitching at DEMO Africa to a global audience of investors, media and strategic buyers. Wish us all the best as we head for Nairobi, Kenya in October.

1 Like

Re: 4 Nigerian Startups Among Top 40 Startups To Pitch At DEMO AFRICA by rampng: 2:26am On Sep 06, 2013
I believe this is front page worthy ! grin
Re: 4 Nigerian Startups Among Top 40 Startups To Pitch At DEMO AFRICA by Nobody: 5:50am On Sep 06, 2013
rampng: I believe this is front page worthy ! grin
really? hmmmn...

I see it is too smiley... Congratulations,more Success.
Re: 4 Nigerian Startups Among Top 40 Startups To Pitch At DEMO AFRICA by rampng: 2:49pm On Sep 06, 2013
@koonbey

Thank you .....
Re: 4 Nigerian Startups Among Top 40 Startups To Pitch At DEMO AFRICA by yawatide(f): 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2013
Congrats Mr. Ramp. This is definitely Front page worthy.
Re: 4 Nigerian Startups Among Top 40 Startups To Pitch At DEMO AFRICA by alienware(m): 6:44pm On Sep 07, 2013
How will it make front page,when nairaland or seun is not mentioned here. Boo nairaland boo !
Re: 4 Nigerian Startups Among Top 40 Startups To Pitch At DEMO AFRICA by meshybizzo(m): 11:37pm On Sep 07, 2013
@Rampng 9ice concept. Talk about true innovation! I applaud you guys. Really nice. I pray the sky be your starting point! grin

And good luck @ the Event in Kenya.
Re: 4 Nigerian Startups Among Top 40 Startups To Pitch At DEMO AFRICA by rampng: 3:10pm On Sep 08, 2013
alienware: How will it make front page,when nairaland or seun is not mentioned here. Boo nairaland boo !

Hahahahahahaha Let's leave Seun alone, come to think of it may be we should Mention Seun, Oya seun we have mentioned you oh ........... grin

(1) (Reply)

Any Good Web Designer/developer In Need Of Contact Office In Port Harcourt? / Pls help : When Will My Blog Ever Be Popular? / Urgent Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.