Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search (4582 Views)

Hacking: How To Back Up Your Wordpress Site To Google Drive And Restore Easily / How Can I Make My Blog Appear On Top Google Search (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search by feelme3(m): 3:14am On Apr 20, 2013
Hello webmasters. Am new in web design and I just finished a site http://www.graprogroup.com for a client. However, when we tried to google top firms in his industry, the site didn't come up anywhere among the first ten pages of search. I just learnt about google analytics and I've added that to the site too. Can anyone please advice or teach me how to make subsequent jobs show up in searches?
Thanks.
Re: How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search by Basic(m): 4:40am On Apr 20, 2013
Sorry, the link is redirecting to a page that says "domain expired".
Re: How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search by feelme3(m): 12:41am On Apr 21, 2013
Basic: Sorry, the link is redirecting to a page that says "domain expired".
Check again sir. link is correct and opens on my pc and mobile. Thanks for your time.
Re: How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search by jenifertaler: 2:14am On Apr 21, 2013
First add your site on google webmaster and add url. Then doing some seo

Thats it
Re: How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search by feelme3(m): 8:11pm On Apr 21, 2013
jenifertaler: First add your site on google webmaster and add url. Then doing some seo

Thats it

That's all? grin Thanks. After I add it, does it take effect immediately? Somebody was telling me that the ranking is based on how many people that googles for my site and I shud get someone who will dedicate time googling my URL to boost the site's ranking undecided I wonder how that works. Enlighten me.
thanks for your input
Re: How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search by amba03: 5:52pm On Apr 25, 2013
Open the google search engine,
Type 'submit site url on google'
This will show you options on how to submit your site url on google,
Click on the link that best explains your request.you should see the submit url function.type in your full web address.
In about 6hrs google your site(that's how I have been doing it anyway).cheers
Re: How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search by amba03: 6:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
You site is cool,but quite large.you can compress your pics on photoshop by using the option 'save for web and devices'.this will make your slide show play better and make your site load faster.keep it up.
Re: How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search by feelme3(m): 10:17pm On Apr 27, 2013
amba03: You site is cool,but quite large.you can compress your pics on photoshop by using the option 'save for web and devices'.this will make your slide show play better and make your site load faster.keep it up.

Thanks for the compliment smiley Will follow your advice. God bless
Re: How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search by veetubes: 1:07am On Apr 28, 2013
feel_me: Hello webmasters. Am new in web design and I just finished a site http://www.graprogroup.com for a client. However, when we tried to google top firms in his industry, the site didn't come up anywhere among the first ten pages of search. I just learnt about google analytics and I've added that to the site too. Can anyone please advice or teach me how to make subsequent jobs show up in searches?
Thanks.

if you want to rank in first 10, start backlinking
Re: How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search by cheavroi(m): 12:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
To make your website visible to search engines, you have to do what is called Search Engine Optimization or SEO for short. In doing SEO, you have on-site and off-site. So go read about it or out-source it to an SEO firm. If out-sourcing, be sure to ask one particular question from the SEO firm.

What is their method of implementing SEO?
Re: How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search by feelme3(m): 11:17pm On May 02, 2013
veetubes:

if you want to rank in first 10, start backlinking

Sorry, what do you mean by backlinking and how do I implement it on my sites. Thanks
Re: How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search by seoconsultant(m): 11:34am On May 04, 2013
seriously their is alot to play when you want to rank on search engines
and not just back linking
you need to know if you have a slight chance at it.
there are two spot for this
you have local seo and ranking on Google.com itself
Back linking is definitely important but not as important
as the rest factors.....
join seowebanalyst.com and learn all for free
download their ebook on the index page.
******some ASS******
on NL said why am I ranking for keywords
that have less competition
e.g seo consulting firm on GOOGLE.COM
My answer, you need to start with long tail keywords
you have a better opportunity than two keyword or one keyword
am also ranking for seo consulting services and affordable seo packages (2nd page)
and some other first page.
In Local SEO I practically rank for more than 50 keywords and still counting
Nigeria does not appreciate seo, better you do a B2B than to expect them to find you online.
2nd they do local search for other stuff, e.g consulting firm (now I can rank any consulting firm or insurance
etc on Google.com.ng, because this industry have a very good share of search on search engines)
3rd Google is not the only search engine, even thou it has 60%, you have bing and yahoo and ASk and the other 100s of search engines
yahoo and bing both have 30% while the rest share the 10%, I think ASK and AOL have got 5%(Now adding blekko) while the unknown like lycos, exact seek, active search and the rest of them have got 5% to share among them selves.
SO my friend this is my advice if you want to learn it.
I have over 7yrs experience in it (not doing it but experimenting, and learning web marketing in whole)
I have compact all my experience and money worth into the site...and am sure you and any other webmasters will enjoy the site (by the way I designed the whole site and am not even a webmaster)
Am currently working on a very powerful platform basically for webmasters, so they can start doing onsite search engine marketing and optimization, social media marketing and optimization, mobile marketing and optimization, email marketing and optimization, link building and management, in depth seo reports, article marketing, blog commenting, targeted traffic etc you just name it, even ppc calculator and management system....so the site is not yet finished as it is, but when done....and why I am doing this so I wnt do any job and it be cheaper to reduce the prices and am working on a better e payment gateway.(alertpay a.k.a payza and pay pal sucks)
I PROMISE IT TO BE THE BEST AMONG THE REST. smiley
MY TIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL WEBSITE LIKE MINE
See my site keeps ranking on Alexa every week, not because am doing alexa cheats or black hat, but because I am targetting populated nations...Nigeria like free stuff (its human nature) and we'r not the only one that like such, so I target others too like us, but they have population, from them I start my viral marketing....Being patient and timing is the key to success (with perseverance you could almost overcome anything)
Hope this helps you and others.
Thanks
Re: How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search by universallaw: 5:14am On Dec 20, 2013
feel_me:

Sorry, what do you mean by backlinking and how do I implement it on my sites. Thanks

Backlink means an incoming hyperlink from one web page to another website.For this you can post in articles/videos/forums/blogs/Q&A...with respect to your product/service.Be careful not to post juck/spam...as this will have negative effect on your website.Submit your URL to link-building directories,Engage in social bookmarking.Social bookmarking websites allow Internet users to organize and store bookmarks to online resources. A social bookmarking system can rank a website/blog based on how many times it has been bookmarked by users, which may be a more useful metric for end-users.This is believed to generate good webtraffic to website/blog owners.Popular Social Bookmarking Websites are Twitter,Reddit,Pinterest,StumbleUpon,Metafilter etc....

Another way to increase web traffic is by increasing pagerank.You can increase pagerank by good quality in the site/blog ,regular updates,interlinking posts,SEO methods,Good website design & uptime,social media,affiliate marketing etc.I insist that SEO is the best and steady way to improve a site's page rank.I suggest you to use the SEV(Search Engine Visibility) from XnYnZ.com as they cover many techniques like keyword and suggested topics,submit the site to over 100 search engines,submission to directories,sitemap creation and also provide reports which will eventually improve your website traffic.In short SEO is the best way to promote site and gain your desired web presence.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search by jaybossYBNL(m): 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2013
Hmmmm i am learning a lot on nairaland o even though i don't have the idea of web design but i have my own blog now
nairaland is the place to be 24 hours. Thanks guys i still have a lot of work to do
Re: How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search by cheavroi(m): 5:46pm On Dec 20, 2013
You need what is called Search Engine Optimization. You can either carry it out self or you outsource it and focus on what really matters to you ,which is making money from your business.

Either way you can use our SEO Service @ www.vtnssolutions.com or visit our blog section to get practical tips you can start using immediately. And you also have the option of downloading the SEO ebook. It contains all the best tips from year of experience.
Re: How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search by elsevier(m): 10:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
I WILL SHOW YOU THE SECRET SNEAKY BACKDOOR IN TO GOOGLE FAST WITH FREE PRESS RELEASES.

Do you have a product, website or something you want to get blasted out on the internet fast?

Get TOP placements at Google in record-breaking time instead of having to wait for weeks.

I know this because I've proved it and I am going to show you a real quick, recent examples of it.

For more call: +234-803-879-2998

This is really sneaky stuff... prepare to be shocked!
Re: How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search by gtsystems: 11:37am On Jun 28, 2017
Hi Op, from what you have just written you need a thorough SEO Audit process that will diagnose what is wrong with your website, it this can be done by experts in the field of SEO, try this site for more help: http://www.gtmultimedia.com.ng. you will be glad you did.
Re: How Can I Make My Website Visible To Google Search by lorein0688: 10:08am On Sep 02, 2019
In the world of Digital marketing Google Business Promotion plays an important role show your appearance to the search engines as well as to the customers. Google is the most popular search engine and getting a higher ranking is really tough. You really need to work hard to get appearance to the search engines as well as to the customers.

Therefore to get higher ranking of your website you can use the Google Business Promotion service. You can make use of the Google Business Promotion service in Jharkhand, this works for you to enhance the online presence of you website and reach your customers.

(1) (Reply)

SEO: What Search Engines Look For When Ranking Your Site / Daily Independent Website Suspended By CoreNetHosting For "Server Overload" / How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.