Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,253 members, 7,953,945 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:34 AM

Were You Born In The 80's? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Were You Born In The 80's? (682 Views)

Mugabe To Obama: ''Were You Born Out Of Homoséxuality?'' / Two-headed Cobra Born In China / Picture Of A One-eyed Goat Born In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Were You Born In The 80's? by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 20, 2013
I was BORN in the 80's. The last SANE generation! We are the last generation that played in the street, we were the first who played video games, saw cartoons with no color & went to the amusement parks. We were the last generation in Naija to fly kites and play okada competition with rubber bands. We were the last to record songs off the radio on cassettes, we are the pioneers of walkmans & chat rooms. We Learned how to program the VCR before anyone else, played the Atari, ten- ten, boju-boju, Nintendo & believed that the Internet would be a free world. We are the generation of the Thunder Cats, the Transformers, Scooby doo, Voltron, Super Ted, Willi Willi, G I JOE & Tales by the Moonlight. Traveled in cars without seat belts or air-bags, lived without cell phones. Rode our bicycles down the road without brakes. We never had phones but still kept in touch. We did not have Sony play station, X box, 99 television stations, rather we waited till 4pm for dear NTA to interstin TELE MATCH, Had no flat screens, surround sound, mp3 players, iPod, computers & the Internet. But nevertheless we had a GREAT Time!!! ... Share your experience if you are born in the 80's.
Re: Were You Born In The 80's? by Kanmiboy(m): 3:19pm On Apr 20, 2013
Tru talk man. D generation of black n white television
Re: Were You Born In The 80's? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 20, 2013
Kanmiboy: Tru talk man. D generation of black n white television
The generation where we right right love letters to gals on papers
Re: Were You Born In The 80's? by Emmyk(m): 11:28pm On Apr 20, 2013
Dude. Tis' extended to the 90's too
lol. I remember the recording via cassette thingy. We almost wiped out all the cassettes our dad was having during numerous recordings on it!..
Re: Were You Born In The 80's? by Godmother(f): 10:43am On Aug 18, 2013
Proudly 80's

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News Pa Fatai Rolling Dolla Is Dead / Pastor Impregnate Six Married Women. / Everybody Please Celebrate With Me. My Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.