Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

[CLOSED!]Free Website For Your Bussiness - Batch B [8 Spots Left!] - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / [CLOSED!]Free Website For Your Bussiness - Batch B [8 Spots Left!] (2640 Views)

Drop Your Bussiness Profession Here And Get A Call From Any Nairalanders / Get Your Bussiness Website From Us During Our Easter Promo / Re:submit Your Bussiness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: [CLOSED!]Free Website For Your Bussiness - Batch B [8 Spots Left!] by quin9(f): 11:01am On May 12, 2013
Same here,been trying to reach him too,I mailed but no reply
Re: [CLOSED!]Free Website For Your Bussiness - Batch B [8 Spots Left!] by blackprowler: 11:30am On May 12, 2013
What can we do then? Did he give you ownership of your site? It's now worse if he doesn't 'cos unless he does, the name doesn't belong to you except by some judicial process
Re: [CLOSED!]Free Website For Your Bussiness - Batch B [8 Spots Left!] by hamziwhiz(m): 5:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
Hello Readers,
It's been a while since I posted on this thread and that's due to my academic commitments among others.
I decided it was wise to attend to those who paid already and take no new client since delivering the job was requiring more resources and sacrifice than I anticipated or planned for.

I received a mail last night concerning a scam allegation that I needed to clarify from a client [ariyebaba] who had my interest at heart but hey! I had an all night Rehearsals to attend and I wouldn't trade a night with God for even a meeting with the President! He's my Oxygen!

My phone rang this morning and it was another client [quin9] calling to inform of the same allegation and that I should respond fast.

FIRSTLY: I want to say a very big thank you to the duo that took out their time and resources to contact me although it literally had nothing to do with them. Its because of people like you that people like us pay the sacrifice to add value to ourselves and then give back to the community!

SECONDLY: I want to appreciate quin9 and OIbhagui for the courage to do business online and the patience they had with me when patience was all that I needed to get by. God Bless You Both!

THIRDLY: I want to say a big SORRY to all those who sent in emails for the second batch and I disregarded them (some without an explanation sef sad). I hope you understand I was trying to prevent disappointing you or breaking your heart.

Now unto the matter...

I found post by OIbhagui (also goes by the name[b]dwightventures[/b]) dated 29th May that reads thus

Hi Nairalanders, if you were to read my previous posts, you'll know to what circumspection I hold Nigerians. However I think there are a few good ones here.

I cannot count "Hamziwhiz" amongst them. He has proved to be the typical Nigerian, trying to defraud people of even little pennies and proud he's smart. He asked ppl to pay 3000naira for a basic website since last month. After a half-hearted attempt at creating something with the name I gave him for registration, he has basically stopped anything wrt the website. Of course, trust Nigerian fraudstars with their sophistry; there's never an end to excuses.

He now has possession of the name of my registered business that I opened a website for, purchased with my money. I know a few others responded to his advert. What are those in my position doing to get this boy? What are your experiences?

Well, I understand the frustration and I hold no grudge against this fellow for this allegation. He that lives in me forbids me to do that so the purpose of this post is strictly to clear the air around that.

What Happened...

I finished the design of this guy's site in less than 3days... I sent him an email that reads

Hamza Mamudu <hamzidosh@gmail.com> Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 8:29 PM
To: Oseiwe oseiwe1 <dwightventures@gmail.com>

I tried sending you a message over the weekend to no avail.
It reads:
"Hi,
How's ur weekend going?
Have U taken a look at the site?
Pls check it & get back 2 me with ur content 4 me to upload em.
Hope U like d design?
Cheers!"

Have a great week ahead!

and after about ten days he sent me an email with the content.

Oseiwe oseiwe1 <dwightventures@gmail.com> Sat, May 4, 2013 at 4:52 AM
To: Hamza Mamudu <hamzidosh@gmail.com>
Hello. I have looked at the site. Pls these are what you may add and remove at this time:...

I came online to find the posts below...10th May I think

quin9: Same here,been trying to reach him too,I mailed but no reply

OIbhagui: This guy's number has been switched off for days now

I visit my own site as a stranger having no other control over the site

My few contents have not been put. In other words I did not put a word showing on the site

Seems to be the guy is now having more customers than he can actually handle. Pls others what are your experiences?

I think it might be a budget way to get a website; but no one will give away 3000naira for nothing

...and because I didn't want some of the people who have called me to indicate interest to suddenly start begging as usual (it has become normal that people still beg me to reduce the price even though I didn't charge for the service) so I sent him an email.

Which Reads...

Hamza Mamudu <hamzidosh@gmail.com> Sat, May 18, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Hey,
Sorry for suddenly dissappearing.
I didnt mention that I was a student and as it is right now school resumed and lectures started aggressively plus my subscription got exhausted so you see reasons why I havent effected the changes right?

Really sorry about that...

I just renewed my subscription on wednesday and I have not had the chance to come online since until this night.

I'll certainly create time to do your job and get finished in this week.

Here's my personal number: 0703510****. the airtel will mostly be in my android phone and I like to use the wireless so I put off the phone to save power most of the time since I dont take it along to class.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Cheers!

Did You See that?...I gave him my personal number. Which scammer would do that bro?

Well He replied me...

Oseiwe oseiwe1 <dwightventures@gmail.com> Sun, May 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Thx for the reply. I am now waiting to see how the website goes. As
you can see, if you're not accessible, I can not access my own
website. Pls give me ownership of my site so I can access it
[Quoted text hidden]

Well he thinks its more like an email address that you can easily run like that and I was not going to hand him cpanel login when I wasnt done with the job yet...

Since he seemed to be impatient as I gathered from careful analysis...(I hope this was mostly due to his ignorance on webdesign though.) I sent him an email hoping he would easily contact someone or ask in close by in a cyber cafe for someone to handle this for him...

Hamza Mamudu <hamzidosh@gmail.com> Mon, May 20, 2013 at 2:11 AM
I'm actually having a VERY busy schedule these days I could send you the complete cpanel details for you to upload the data yourself is that ok by you?
[Quoted text hidden]

and he replied...

Oseiwe oseiwe1 <dwightventures@gmail.com> Mon, May 20, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Hi. I have no knowledge on website making. I just don't want a
situation where at a future date when you are no longer accessible
that my website comes to an end.

Could you please attend to the contents I gave you so we could have
something to show. Thanks once again
[Quoted text hidden]

And then... I effected the changes immediately and tried uploading it online but my cpanel was compromised.
There were several attempts to break in on some of our sites ...especially the blogs.(One was hacked completely) and so my host provider carried out an upgrade which lasted for a few days and then implemented an IP Address security...which automatically logs me out when I try to log in to the cpanel.

I sent an email and on Sunday 26th I got it rectified later the same day (Yeah... I build personal relationships which are more important to me than anything else you can imagine so I actually received attention even though it was a sunday)

GIDEON HAMZAT <ham***@gmail.com> Sun, May 26, 2013 at 3:27 AM
To: Clue WebHost <***webhost@gmail.com>
Hello there,

I've been trying to login to my account but I keep getting an error
"your IP has changed please login again."
Please how do I go about this?

I use modems and this error keeps me from working sometimes when it matters most and this can be embarrassing. Is there a way around this??

Thanks for your continued support

Hamzat

... Fortunately, while I was behind the scene trying to put stuff in place to get this brother's job done, he called me which was good ( or atleast So I thought till I heard what my brother had to say).

He went on to say that he was becoming sick and tired (I understood with him so I kept quite), that I'm only an individual and not even a company (I didn't quite agree cos I am a moving conglomerate but I still kept quiet), That He is not interested in any story or appologies that He just wanted the job done and I replied "ok, I understand"(I understood because I hate stories too) and then he said "Oh! You are taking me for granted because I am not there physically right?" and there I was trying to figure out what to say to ease this guys tension for atleast the next few hours cos I was going to finish his job in MINUTES and the next thing I hear is "Ok! I know what to do to you. I know how to deal with you. I'm giving you grace and then I'll take action" and then he dropped the call. I was unhappy that he was unsatisfied but I was glad that I finished the job in about 15minutes after he called me.

From the way he talked I respected him and I took it to be that He checks his site regularly and that's why he was talking the way he was.

It was quite shocking when I saw that post Dated on the 29th May...Fraudulent Website Designer with my name on it while I actually finished the site 3days earlier.

I was not aware of this fellow's actions and since I was cool with keeping people pissed and the Holy Spirit wouldn't permit that... I sent him an email that reads...

Hamza Mamudu <hamzidosh@gmail.com> Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Hi,
How are you doing? Hope You are good?

Our last conversation didn't end quite well and I take full responsibility to that.

You had no idea of what was happening and there I was saying "ok...ok...I understand...I understand that."

What happened was me trying not to tell you stories cos I hate stories and like you already stated you didn't need stories or apology either.

I was going through some serious technical challenges and you made it clear that you had no idea about website design so there was absolutely nothing I could say that wouldnt end up as a story to you anyway so you see why my attitude was a quiet one that day right?

I'll be more than glad to assist you in anyway possible since we are both emerging players in the Nigerian Business Climate.

Do check out your website and get back to me with your feedback.
Cheers!
Hamzat!

So there you have it that pretty much explains what happened ...

I felt really bad when I found out that although I passed through so much to deliver this guy's job and I eventually did but in only a few minutes when I prayed about it I felt so much peace that I can't find the right words to express...I'm grateful to God for that!

I'm actually not excited about the whole event but I refuse to let the devil take advantage of that to get to me!

To My Friend OIbhagui,

"I totally understand your frustration at the way the process turned out and really wish it hadn't turned out that way. I am sorry it didn't turn out like you expected and I hope you find space to forgive me. If you want a refund of your money do send me your bank account details and I will be happy to send back your money for the sake of peace. Don't worry about my own resources and time invested in it...I'm also willing to hand over every thing about the site to you. Just get a webhost and signup on namecheap and I will transfer the files to you."

Thanks in anticipation for your understanding!

Cheers!
Hamzat

1 Like

Re: [CLOSED!]Free Website For Your Bussiness - Batch B [8 Spots Left!] by hamziwhiz(m): 4:55pm On Jun 03, 2013
I got a mail from my friend (OIbhagui/dwightventures) this morning. I really wish he had not sent me a private mail since this is no longer a private matter.

Here's the mail I got from him...

Oseiwe oseiwe1 <dwightventures@gmail.com> Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 4:25 AM
I will appreciate ownership of "dwightventures" to be transferred to
me the owner.

To which I replied...

Hamza Mamudu <hamzidosh@gmail.com> Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 4:43 AM
What do you mean ownership bro?
The site belongs to you and the last time I checked it was your information that was on it.

Do you mean you want cpanel access or domain name transfer...just get a webhost and sign up on namecheap and I will push the domain and files to you.

As much as possible bro I'll prefer we do this conversation on the forum so that every one can see especially other web designers. (I'm sure many will curse me for whatever reason but don't worry about that)

Cheers!
Enjoy your week!

PS: Do not feel bad for whatever reason, I hold no grudge against you. I'm sure God let this happen so I can learn an invaluable lesson for my journey ahead.
Re: [CLOSED!]Free Website For Your Bussiness - Batch B [8 Spots Left!] by Prince4God(m): 6:28pm On Jun 03, 2013
This Quick Smart Programme is something that is designed to help you succeed. It is only the wise that take opportunity like this. Moreover, there is actually nothing to lose as my guarantees ensures your money back. Now, give it a trial but only if you want to succeed. There is no room for failures in our team.

I am giving a bonus of a book valued at N7,500 to the first 15 people that register with the link below before Friday 7th June, 2013 and whose text or email includes "N7,500 bonus book". If you join but do not include "N7,500 bonus book", you will not receive it.

http://completelyhere..com/2013/06/quick-smart-programmejust-what-you-are.html

This book will show you 197 Hot Business that will turn your life around. I will share it free for the first 15 people to join me through the above link. Stay blessed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Merrybet..... Pls And Pls Pay Me My Money / Relaible Air And Sea Shipping Company From Bangladesh, India To Nigeria, Cotonou / Large Quantity Of Rice For Sale .we Can Deliver To Any Destination In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.