Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Why Are Some People Afraid And Not Eager For The Glorious Rapture? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Some People Afraid And Not Eager For The Glorious Rapture? (648 Views)

Deeper Life Pastor, Kumuyi Predicts Glorious 2015 / Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / 2014 Rapture Signs To Watch For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some People Afraid And Not Eager For The Glorious Rapture? by Solaj(m): 1:55pm On Apr 21, 2013
As genuine Christians, it is necessary to be perpetually ready for the glorious rapture. There should be a strong yearning in us to the point where we can no longer endure without Jesus Christ. It is this fervent yearning for the Lord that will cause us to be perpetually ready for Jesus Christ and the rapture. We should focus our attention on Jesus and heaven henceforth. One blessed day, we will arrive in heavenly New Jerusalem by God’s grace. The rapture is upon us! Jesus Christ is our blessed Redeemer.

We should keep looking unto Jesus Christ. He is worthy of our faith. Our redemption is drawing near. “Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep (die), but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed (1 Corinthians 15: 51-52)”. “For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord (1 Thessalonians 4: 16-17).”

On rapture day, the “dead in Christ” would rise first before the living believers in Jesus Christ. This indicates that all people who trusted in Jesus Christ from the Day of Pentecost (over 2000 years ago) until the moment of “rapture”, both the living and the dead, would join Jesus Christ in the air on rapture day. This is an event solely for those who have genuinely accepted the great salvation offer of Jesus Christ and perpetually ready for His glorious appearance. Some people will be left behind by Jesus Christ on rapture day if they are Muslims, unbelievers, idol or satanic worshipers, occultists, unrepentant sinners or lukewarm/cold Christians. Accept the salvation offer of Jesus Christ today! It is free! Tomorrow may be too late! The people left behind on rapture day will suffer terribly during the great tribulation period. If you are not raptured, you must be ready to die as a martyr during the great tribulation period if you want to come to heaven (Revelation 6:9-11).

Ideally, we may think that all Christians are eager for the return of Jesus Christ. Although many professing Christians would most likely not admit it. However, there are some Christians who are not eager for Jesus to return anytime soon. Some did not want Jesus to return in their life time while some want him to delay his coming for the next 30 years or more. Why? The major reason is because some people are very comfortable in this earthly life. Therefore, they assume that the return of Jesus will affect their earthly programs and daily activities. They are so much in love with the world. They want to enjoy continuously and actualize all their earthly aspirations until grand old age.

According to Apostle Paul, “while we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord.” (2 Corinthians 5:6). Therefore, if we are too comfortable in this sinful world, if our heart and homes are not in heaven, we will not be very eager for the glorious rapture. On the other hand, when few things start going wrong in a particular Christian’s life, suddenly he/she will be fervently yearning for Jesus to come quickly! Is this the love and devotion that Jesus deserves?

As genuinely born-again Christians, we should love the Lord Jesus and his glorious coming. We should think always about the glorious rapture. The yearning of the rapture ready Christian should be above other earthly things. We should not fear end time events or be afraid of the imminent rapture. As a rapture ready Christian, you should be without blemish, spot or wrinkle due to your great love for Jesus Christ (Ephesians 5: 25-27). You should always want to be perfect for Jesus. Therefore, pray always for divine mercy to be rapturable. Being afraid of the rapture is not ideal. It is satanic. You should repent always from any known sin and seek help from Jesus when temptations are becoming too overwhelming. Listen to Apostle John: “And everyone who has this hope fixed on Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.” (1 John 3:3). The fervent yearning for the glorious rapture will enable you to be perpetually ready. This will banish the demonic spirit of fear.

What are the conditions by which we will be considered ready for the rapture? We cannot make ourselves into what we should be without Jesus Christ. Therefore, Jesus will not change us without our desiring it. We must want the things of God fervently and pursue them. “Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it shall be opened.” - Matthew 7:7-8. Experiencing the affection of Jesus Christ is the greatest joy and fulfillment that we can know. Divine intervention from Jesus has the drawing power to lift our spirits into realms of glory and beauty that are far beyond the earthly realm. We are now preparing for the glorious rapture. As we get closer to this glorious event, we should be maturing in our faith and yearn fervently for our blessed Savior (Jesus Christ). When we remain perpetually ready, that will be the greatest sign that we are ready to commence our glorious trip into heavenly New Jerusalem with our Lord Jesus Christ on rapture day.

Scoffers have been scoffing for over 2,000 years. However, Jesus Christ can be trusted to keep His promise to return for His true followers (John 14:2-3). As redeemed believers, we should maintain an attitude and condition of perpetual readiness for the rapture. It will be suddenly and unexpectedly when Jesus Christ will descend toward earth one day. As He does, the mighty sound of a heavenly trumpet and a cry of triumph will pierce the air. Then the resurrection and the “glorious rapture” will occur (1 Thessalonians 4:15-18; 1 Corinthians 15:51-53). We should maintain constant readiness. “Rapture” can occur at any moment. Whether people believe it or not, rapture will take place one day. The glorious rapture is inevitable! We should be perpetually ready! MARANATHA!
http://rapturewatcher./2013/04/05/why-are-some-people-afraid-and-not-eager-for-the-glorious-rapture/
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid And Not Eager For The Glorious Rapture? by ednut1(m): 1:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
No b only rapture na rapsong. We are all gona die, maybe death is rapture hahaha
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid And Not Eager For The Glorious Rapture? by Solaj(m): 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2013
ednut1: No b only rapture na rapsong. We are all gona die, maybe death is rapture hahaha

THE PEOPLE THAT WILL NOT BE RAPTURED!

Text: 2 Timothy 3: 1-5 “But mark this; There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of GOD. Having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them”.

In these perilous times, the Church struggles to define its identity. For instance how can we differentiate?
• Between an atheist who does not believe in GOD and the Bible and the Christian who believe in GOD but never reads the Bible or reads it and does not act it?
• Between those who never believe in Bible Studies and those who choose never to attend a Bible Study class?
• Between a polygamist who married seven wives and the Church member who has one wife and so many girlfriends?
• Between an armed robber who goes out to steal and kill and a minister of GOD who steals all the Church offerings ?
• Between a man of the world and a person in the Church who lives like a man in the world?
• Between a man who says there is no GOD and no judgment, and the Christian who says there is GOD and there is judgment but will not prepare for it?
• Between an atheist who dies and goes to hell and a Christian and a worker in the Church who died and also went to hell?
• Between prostitutes who dresses naked to seduce men and a Christian sister who dresses virtually naked to attend Church service, fellowship, school, wedding, and ceremonies? One will wonder if they are believers, unbelievers, believing unbelievers, or unbelieving believers.
This is to mention but a few.

The fact is that Christians makes no difference until they are different. Do you believe in JESUS? Have you asked JESUS to come into your heart? Do you live a life of obedience, holiness and righteousness unto GOD? You cannot say you are a Christian and you are still living the old lifestyle. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new”. You may be enjoying yourself, or living in a secret sin but on that fateful day you will account for how you lived your life on earth. Remember 11 Timothy 2:19 says “Nevertheless, the foundation of GOD stands sure, sealed with the inscription that the LORD knows those who are HIS. Let everyone who names the name of the LORD depart from iniquity”.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid And Not Eager For The Glorious Rapture? by ednut1(m): 3:27pm On Apr 21, 2013
Tell dat to those dat die last nit, because sum faceless pple compose a book called bible nt sanctioned by jesus, and d imperialist whites imposed it here, i shud nw believe. Abeg bible is bm ancient book ful of lies nd contradiction. u r talkin rapture pastors r buildin new churchs nd buyin plane, d pastor knw rapture is nt happenin any time soon. wen u die go face ur rapture
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid And Not Eager For The Glorious Rapture? by Solaj(m): 1:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
ednut1: Tell dat to those dat die last nit, because sum faceless pple compose a book called bible nt sanctioned by jesus, and d imperialist whites imposed it here, i shud nw believe. Abeg bible is bm ancient book ful of lies nd contradiction. u r talkin rapture pastors r buildin new churchs nd buyin plane, d pastor knw rapture is nt happenin any time soon. wen u die go face ur rapture

Prophetic Revelations From Jesus Christ About The Rapture & Great Tribulation.

Hear the prophetic vision of a young Puerto Rican girl (Janet Canela) who encountered Jesus Christ and was shown many events that will take place when the Lord Jesus comes for the glorious rapture:

VISION OF THE RAPTURE: The Lord said, "Servant, I will show you the rapture, I will show you how My coming will be." So I said, "Lord I have already seen many things, why are you going to show me more?" Then we arrived at the Throne of God, and I saw thousands and thousands of angels gathered together there. Then we started to go down, and the Lord and I stopped in a very white beautiful cloud. The Lord gave orders to the angels to come and receive the church (redeemed believers), and the Lord told me, "Servant watch carefully, because this is the way it will be when I come back, this will be My coming."

I saw people raised from the four corners of the Earth, praising the Name of the Lord. All those people were covered with the power of God. They were dressed in white robes rising up and up. They began to sing a very beautiful song, "Holy, Holy, Holy are thee oh Lord! Thank You Father! For you have raised us! Thank you Lord, for you have raised us!" I saw many different people, tall, short, dark, white. All the people, and all those angels went up to the cloud where the Lord and I were. All the people and angels were full of thanksgiving to the Lord, and we all said, "Holy! Holy! Holy are thee oh Lord!" It was such a tremendous thing, I saw so many people that I thought I knew them. They all were covered with the glory of God.

VISION OF THE TRIBULATION: “After that we arrived at the Throne of God, and the Lord said, "Servant, come here." We went out of the Throne room and arrived at a place with a very tiny window. The Lord said, "Servant, now look down." I saw terrible desolation, such tremendous desolation, the whole Earth was desolate and full of pain. The Lord said, "Look servant, this is what is going to be after I have taken My people from the Earth, this will be after My coming, this will be when My church is here with Me." I saw such tremendous desolation. I saw people that were celebrating one moment, but then, I saw a father looking for his son, a mother looking for her daughters, but they couldn't find them, because Almighty God had taken them. Relatives were looking for other relatives but they could not find them. People were looking for their neighbors but could not find them, because the Lord had taken them up with Him.

Something terrible was happening over all the Earth. I saw a pastor running from one place to another, and I asked the Lord, "Lord, why does that man run from one place to another?" The Lord replied, "Servant, this man was a pastor, but because he thought that I was going to delay, he was left behind. He did not think that I was going to come now, he thought that it was going to take a long time before I would come back, and that is why he was left behind." The pastor was running all over, saying "Lord, why was I left behind? If I am a pastor, if I have a position in the church, and the church is gone, why am I left behind? Why have I been left behind?" The Lord said, "Servant, I can't do anything now, he thought My coming was going to delay, well, he was left behind."

I saw how that man was persecuted. He said, "The only thing I want is to be taken with Christ! The only thing that I want is to be with the Lord because I do not want to be here and suffer in the great tribulation!" He kept running from place to place and asking himself, "Why was I left behind? Take me with You Lord! I don't want to be here and suffer!" The Lord said, "Servant, there is nothing I can do now, for a long time I talked with him and told him that I was going to come very soon, but he didn't believe me, well, now he is left behind." I saw many other people running all over. So many people were running, desperately trying to find peace but they could not find it. They were shouting, "We want the Word of life! We are thirsty of the Word of God!" But it was already too late, because the Lord had taken the church with Him.

I saw so many young girls and boys running through the bushes, running through the mountains trying to find peace. They wanted peace but they could not find it. The Lord told me why, "Servant I have already taken My church, and now Satan is the one in control." Satan was already ruling over the Earth and there was torment over all the Earth! People were running from place to place. People wanted to eat each other alive, and pull out each other's hair. They blamed each other and hurt each other, because they wanted to find peace, but they couldn't find it! It was not possible because the Lord had already taken His church. Such a terrible time on Earth, I saw such horrifying things. So many people were hurting each other, saying, "We want love! We want peace!" But it was too late! The Lord told me, "Look My servant, I talked to them, I spend time knocking at the hearts of these people, but they did not want to look for Me. Well, now they are left behind, and there is nothing I can do for them now. Why, because I have already taken My church with Me. While all My people are with Me in heaven enjoying the marriage of the Lamb (glorious celebration), all these people here (Earth) will suffer great pain, and there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. For they did not want to obey My Word, they preferred to make fun and criticize My Word."
http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/8_year_old_girl/English_Rapture_and_Tribulation.htm
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid And Not Eager For The Glorious Rapture? by ninja4life(m): 3:40pm On Apr 22, 2013
Lol at dis sophisticated ignorance.wat happens assuming a minute b4 ur rapture u commit sin maybe u commited adultery with ur mind and rapture occurs are u going to eternal hell fire for dat momentarily mistake i ask cos one fucking preacher said he saw a woman who went to hell cos she took 2 sticks of matches from her neighbour without informing her which is stealing do u believe it wat are ur perspective of those dat will be chosen during raptue.PURE CRAP.
Re: Why Are Some People Afraid And Not Eager For The Glorious Rapture? by Insightful: 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
From my understanding of the rapture, the rapture is comparable to a big magnet that can only pick metallic object, Rapture will only be able to pick sinfree individuals at the moment of rapture that is why we have to constantly live in the spirit. We need to repent and confess of any sin the moment we realised we have sinned, we should also constantly ask for the purification of the blood of Jesus to cleanse us from time to time as only by His grace can we stand, we have no righteousness of our own but the righteousness through the blood of Jesus. Only by Grace can we enter into His rest.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some People Afraid And Not Eager For The Glorious Rapture? by Insightful: 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
[quote author=ednut1]
For the preaching of the cross is to them that
perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the
power of God.(1 Cor 1:18)

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some People Afraid And Not Eager For The Glorious Rapture? by ednut1(m): 5:34pm On Apr 22, 2013
[quote author=Insightful][/quote]stop quotin a book dat apply to anceient jews, quote one from 9ja

(1) (Reply)

Man Kills 85-year-old Observing Ramadan Night Prayer / Using Gadgets To Read The Bible / What Am I? Just Rebellious? Or Worse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.