Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

The Love Of Christ Is Lost In Nigerian Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Love Of Christ Is Lost In Nigerian Churches (2705 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / The 'Daddy-Mummy Syndrome' In Nigerian Churches / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Love Of Christ Is Lost In Nigerian Churches by wwwaprokome(f): 4:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
Babcock University Authority released the school fees for the next academic session and the students are frowning at it. See it below:

1) Medicine- N3million ($18911.94)

3) Law- N2million ($12607.96)

2) Accounting- N1.5million ($9455.97)

4) Nursing- N1million ($6303.98)

5) Others- N860,000 ($5421.42)

The last time I checked, Babcock University is a Christian University under the guise of a nonprofit organization just like other Christian Universities in Nigeria. The funds for the school set up came from its rich and majority poor members’ offerings, Tithes and special givings, yet it is no news that most of them can’t send their children to the school due to the outrageous school fees.

How could they had demanded such a huge amount of money from a country whose citizens live below $2 a day?

The missionaries back in those days used their hard-earned-money to give us free education, they were not for any reason indebted to us other than the very ‘love of Christ’. Why can’t our Churches today emulate them by giving us not even free but cheap education?

Our religious leaders do not relent in castigating the Government for their irrational governance and hardship imposed on its people yet they do same at every given opportunity. Churches compete with organizations in terms of structures, yet Sister Sarah, the head of prayer warrior keeps vigil when it rains at night to drain the pool of water in her one room family of six apartment. Our Pastors fly in private jets while their ushers-turned-body-guards do not have a spoke of a bicycle.

“God will do it, “Keep giving,” that’s what they say. – “Why can’t you do something first sir?” I wish one of them could ask.

Members engage in fraudulent acts in their various places of work just to compete with other brethren in terms of giving.

Brother Richard was the number one partner in 2011 and 2012, He was sacked in 2013 and his kids were sent out of school, he goes to the church and the pastor says to him, “keep praying” with a pat on his back instead of money in his pocket. If he (Pastor) knew how to pray to get money, why then does he request for special offerings for church projects every Sunday instead of going on his knees to ask from God?

A pastor with one thousand ties preaches to his head usher about the love of Christ who doesn’t have more than one piece of tie for a whole year. Where is the love of Christ? – It is lost.
Source: www.aproko.me

Re: The Love Of Christ Is Lost In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 21, 2013
Government owned schools are now imitating them.
Re: The Love Of Christ Is Lost In Nigerian Churches by honourabledisu: 8:45pm On Apr 21, 2013
i fear ooo, my brother
Re: The Love Of Christ Is Lost In Nigerian Churches by Mikkyhandy(m): 8:48pm On Apr 21, 2013
May GOD help usembarassed
Re: The Love Of Christ Is Lost In Nigerian Churches by sobastical: 9:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
Lord have mercy on us all sad
Re: The Love Of Christ Is Lost In Nigerian Churches by ochukoccna: 10:58pm On Apr 21, 2013
OP,you are on a long thing
Better pray NL's religious robots don't come cursing and accusing you of been possessed by the spirit of poverty in that you cannot afford this 'Christain' run institution(s)
I digress
Its no longer shocking too many pastors no longer exhibit the character nor follow the Jesus they claim to speak about
Even wolves in sheep clothing are kinder to the sheep than they are
Re: The Love Of Christ Is Lost In Nigerian Churches by ijawkid(m): 11:01pm On Apr 21, 2013
How much them dey take for msc?.....cheesy...
Re: The Love Of Christ Is Lost In Nigerian Churches by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:28am On Apr 22, 2013
U guys shld stop ur misconception and dirt-smears on churches!

These universities are not theological school, and i dnt think they concentrate on teaching the bible alone!
The school on it's own is a biznez entity, with a mission to make a difference in the standard of education without compromising morals!

1. Babcock starterd with the donations of international NGOs and not offerings from 'poor members' as u've tried to paint it.

2. Convenant university: did u knw dt the popular musicians father-Davido, has more stake in the university than any other person or group?

See, these school are purely for biznez! Nobody said they will be free. The word 'christian' before the university is the reason they try to uphold morals, and provide a standard education to a better extent. They biliv the shape of an individual is taken while in the higher learning institution! And if they can succeed in shaping the right students, we can av the right leaders.
Though, true, but difficult to acheive because of individual interests. But they are tryin anyways.

But it's no doubt the standard is okay, infrastructures are better, and sessions are not prolonged due to strike actions or cultism!!!

i am not in support of the high fees, but yet i can tell u some private secondary schools pay up to 1.5million in term fees every year, here in lagos!

Some people send their kids abroad jes to avoid their education catching up with the strikes and to learn under a serene environment! And these so called private universities av succeeded in acheiving that.
Is it the word 'christian' that is killing u people, cos i think the word 'private' is the real issue. At least, other 'non christian' universities pay up to dt level.

And if u're worried abt d poor, well the bible also says the poor will never cease to be. So, u jes need to cut ur cloth as ur size

1 Like

Re: The Love Of Christ Is Lost In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 22, 2013
Haven't seen that those MOG are now referred to as pastorpreneurs,meaning they are out to make profit,at the expense of their congregations.

By the way,would they give you employment after the Bsc?
Re: The Love Of Christ Is Lost In Nigerian Churches by manmustwac(m): 11:12am On Apr 22, 2013
Isn't it obvious that the church is only interested in squeezing as much money as it possibly can from their universities. The fact is they don't give a damn about the poor. They're just after your money
Re: The Love Of Christ Is Lost In Nigerian Churches by chiteny(m): 1:22pm On Apr 22, 2013
ochukoccna: OP,you are on a long thing
Better pray NL's religious robots don't come cursing and accusing you of been possessed by the spirit of poverty in that you cannot afford this 'Christain' run institution(s)
I digress
Its no longer shocking too many pastors no longer exhibit the character nor follow the Jesus they claim to speak about
Even wolves in sheep clothing are kinder to the sheep than they are

SO ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY THAT THEY ARE WOLVES IN WOLF CLOTHING? angry angry

(1) (Reply)

STOP! condeming the building of the propose 3km By 3km Auditorium In Rccg / Whose Righteousness? - Andrew Wommack / 160 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is God Almighty, What Satanists Don't Want You To K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.