Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches (30177 Views)

.:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by God2man(m): 3:38am On Oct 12, 2013
I am very sad about this forum. I registered 2011, if i am not mistaken, there are over 100 threads on only one topic, TITHE, it is disheartening with the way they called old men of God that are old enough to be their fathers , thieves, fraudster, and that they are teaching nonsense, the Bible says, we should respect elders, there is no courtesy,a good christian must have the fruit of the spirit, up till now, i keep asking, are they Christians or Atheist? Because a good christian will not call old men of God thieves, it is not possibe, but this is in the dictionary of Anti-tithers. It is what you respect that comes into your life, if you want to grow old, you should respect your elders in the Christiandom, they are not Jesus, but they are the respresentatives of God on earth

There are more than enough topics in the Bible, i beg all of them to stop this overflogged, overdebated, tithe issue on nairaland, in fact, the moderators should delete any topic on Tithe, it is a bad thing for this forum to fight against what the whole churches in Nigeria stood for, i mean paying of tithe, i understand that some churches may not preach about tithe, one thing is sure, they will NEVER stop anybody from paying tithe to them. They will accept it, directly or indirectly.

The question is why are people so desperate to stop tithing from all churches, this is an exercise in futility, a waste of time, an insult to Nigerian churches, and it is like they are playing on our inteligence.

You can deceive one person at a time, but it is difficult to deceive everybody at the same time. If you think that you are smart and you know Bible, i think as a wise person, you should know that other people are smart, wise, intelligent and have a great knowledge about the Bible.

This is the scenario, i believe a smart person that comes to this forum with his theology will take a great disposition and humble himself to listen to opposing view, but this is not the case on nairalan, they will insult you, call you names and make you to hate the forum.

The owner of the forum may think this argument is favourable to him, but he has forgotten that what goes round comes around, it is counterproductive, very soon people will not like to visit this forum again.

Anti-tithers on nairaland have been adopting different strategies to achieve their aims.

1. They used different ID's

2. They twist the scripture.

3. When they lost the arguement, they will result to insult.

4. They are very cunny.

A word is enough for the wise.

God bless all my brethren on this forum.

God2man.

50 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by oludebby90(f): 3:42am On Oct 12, 2013
Well written,am so in support @op...everybody shud do according to hs faith n belief n nt try confusing odas.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 4:07am On Oct 12, 2013
there are over 100 threads on only one topic, TITHE

they want the money diverted elsewhere, maybe to fund boko haram or their p.orn habit.

utter shamelessness, for peanut pay.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 5:15am On Oct 12, 2013
@OP

Your stupidity is quite profound!! What really is the essence of this thread? To kill off discussion on tithe? You are still a learner.

People would continue to get enlightened on the true essence of tithing and the principles behind it.Discussions on the topic cannot be stifled not even in a 100 years from now.it is even going to get worse with developments in the social media and other avenues of information disemination.

Our childrens will ask more questions than us.Their inquisitive minds would be open to answers from a various sources

83 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:24am On Oct 12, 2013
NL anti-tithe campaign is affecting them. lol grin grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Akshow: 7:15am On Oct 12, 2013
I bet u are a pastor @op and 'biz' is slow dis days. Ur topic should be 'churches are playing on d intelligence of Nigerian tithers'.

41 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Joagbaje(m): 8:45am On Oct 12, 2013
:
oludebby90: Well written,am so in support @op...everybody shud do according to hs faith n belief n nt try confusing odas.

That has always been my admonition over the years . Everyone should work with his conviction . Don't insult others for their belief. As long as they have bible reason . Leave every man to God.

Romans 14:5-6
One man esteemeth one day above another:another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

7 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Joagbaje(m): 8:45am On Oct 12, 2013
God2man: I am very sad about this forum. I registered 2011, if i am not mistaken, there are over 100 threads on only one topic, TITHE,

It only shows there's something special to God about tithing . If not satan will not fight it so hard. Just as judas fought over the perfume on Jesus claiming he was fighting for the poor.

it is disheartening with the way they called old men of God that are old enough to be their fathers , thieves, fraudster, and that they are teaching nonsense, the Bible says, we should respect elders, there is no courtesy,

You are right , by their fruits you know them . Their problem is not tithe but rather a relationship with the holy spirt. It will tame the tongue. Truth is spoken in love.

2 Timothy 2:24-25
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth
;

a good christian must have the fruit of the spirit, up till now, i keep asking, are they Christians or Atheist? Because a good christian will not call old men of God thieves, it is not possibe

It's a sign of the last days . How many of them are under any pastoral leadership .as I keep saying their problem is beyond tithe . It's a spirit of rebellion .

Jude 1:8-10
Yet these false teachers carelessly go right on living their evil, immoral lives, degrading their bodies and laughing at those in authority over them, even scoffing at the Glorious Ones. Yet Michael, one of the mightiest of the angels, when he was arguing with Satan about Moses 'body, did not dare to accuse even Satan, or jeer at him, but simply said, "The Lord rebuke you." But these men mock and curse at anything they do not understand, and like animals, they do whatever they feel like, thereby ruining their souls.

Christian have many disagreement over many issues , you don't have to insult people because you don't agree with them. That's satanic.

20 Likes

:

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Enigma(m): 8:52am On Oct 12, 2013
Joagbaje: .... You are right , by their fruits you know them . ....
... How many of them are under any pastoral leadership .as I keep saying their problem is beyond tithe . It's a spirit of rebellion . ....

But the above is also true of the vagabond wink isn't it?

smiley

5 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 12, 2013
Joagbaje:

It only shows there's something special to God about tithing . If not satan will not fight it so hard. Just as judas fought over the perfume on Jesus claiming he was fighting for the poor.

You are right , by their fruits you know them . Their problem is not tithe but rather a relationship with the holy spirt. It will tame the tongue. Truth is spoken in love.

2 Timothy 2:24-25
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth
;

It's a sign of the last days . How many of them are under any pastoral leadership .as I keep saying their problem is beyond tithe . It's a spirit of rebellion .

Jude 1:8-10
Yet these false teachers carelessly go right on living their evil, immoral lives, degrading their bodies and laughing at those in authority over them, even scoffing at the Glorious Ones. Yet Michael, one of the mightiest of the angels, when he was arguing with Satan about Moses 'body, did not dare to accuse even Satan, or jeer at him, but simply said, "The Lord rebuke you." But these men mock and curse at anything they do not understand, and like animals, they do whatever they feel like, thereby ruining their souls.

Christian have many disagreement over many issues , you don't have to insult people because you don't agree with them. That's satanic.

Too bad you quoted all this scriptures without anything in them to justify xtian tithing too bad!!

11 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Joagbaje(m): 8:59am On Oct 12, 2013
Enigma:

But the above is also true of the vagabond wink isn't it?

smiley

Youre right they are spiritual vagabonds cool having no church
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Enigma(m): 9:03am On Oct 12, 2013
Joagbaje:

Youre right they are spiritual vagabonds cool having no church

As you know, the vagabond means one Pastor Chris or, as you people write, Pastor Christ. smiley

EDIT And of course you are the one who supplied the criteria for determining that a person, such as he, is a vagabond. grin

And this your original statement below also applies to him --- as you know, because it was shown to you by at least three people in the past. wink

".... You are right , by their fruits you know them . ....
... How many of them are under any pastoral leadership .as I keep saying their problem is beyond tithe . It's a spirit of rebellion . ....
"

smiley

5 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Gombs(m): 9:13am On Oct 12, 2013
tpia@:

they want the money diverted elsewhere, maybe to fund boko haram or their p.orn habit.

utter shamelessness, for peanut pay.

I will be praying for you...

BTW I'm just passing by.

@OP God bless you for this.

4 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Joagbaje(m): 9:19am On Oct 12, 2013
Enigma:

As you know the vagabond means one Pastor Chris or as you people write, Pastor Christ. smiley

Jealousy? . He can't be a vagabond because in Gods kingdom you're either leading being in authority or being led by submitting to leadership.

If you're neither leading or being led you're a vagabond .so you judge pastor chris christ you're so jealous about is leading Gods people.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Enigma(m): 9:25am On Oct 12, 2013
^^^

Jealousy of jerry curls and fake accent? grin

You know very well that Opaks was proven conclusively to be a vagabond ---- according to criteria that you supplied! So your latter day attempt to fine tune things for his sake does not wash. wink

And how do you know that the people you are criticising here are not "being in authority" or "leading" or "leading God's people"?

Oh, and once again, remember one of the questions that arose from your criteria and which proved Oyaks too to be a vagabond? Who ordained hm and when? wink

cool

8 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Demainman1: 10:01am On Oct 12, 2013
God2man: I am very sad about this forum. I registered 2011, if i am not mistaken, there are over 100 threads on only one topic, TITHE, it is disheartening with the way they called old men of God that are old enough to be their fathers , thieves, fraudster, and that they are teaching nonsense, the Bible says, we should respect elders, there is no courtesy,a good christian must have the fruit of the spirit, up till now, i keep asking, are they Christians or Atheist? Because a good christian will not call old men of God thieves, it is not possibe, but this is in the dictionary of Anti-tithers. It is what you respect that comes into your life, if you want to grow old, you should respect your elders in the Christiandom, they are not Jesus, but they are the respresentatives of God on earth

There are more than enough topics in the Bible, i beg all of them to stop this overflogged, overdebated, tithe issue on nairaland, in fact, the moderators should delete any topic on Tithe, it is a bad thing for this forum to fight against what the whole churches in Nigeria stood for, i mean paying of tithe, i understand that some churches may not preach about tithe, one thing is sure, they will NEVER stop anybody from paying tithe to them. They will accept it, directly or indirectly.

The question is why are people so desperate to stop tithing from all churches, this is an exercise in futility, a waste of time, an insult to Nigerian churches, and it is like they are playing on our inteligence.

You can deceive one person at a time, but it is difficult to deceive everybody at the same time. If you think that you are smart and you know Bible, i think as a wise person, you should know that other people are smart, wise, intelligent and have a great knowledge about the Bible.

This is the scenario, i believe a smart person that comes to this forum with his theology will take a great disposition and humble himself to listen to opposing view, but this is not the case on nairalan, they will insult you, call you names and make you to hate the forum.

The owner of the forum may think this argument is favourable to him, but he has forgotten that what goes round comes around, it is counterproductive, very soon people will not like to visit this forum again.

Anti-tithers on nairaland have been adopting different strategies to achieve their aims.

4. They are very cunny.

God2man.

You call them 'old men of God'. I call the thieves. 419s stealing in the name of God. That a man has 1M follower does not mean God sent him. Jesus himself said that his judgement will start from the Church. Think about it

21 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 12, 2013
Demain_man:

You call them 'old men of God'. I call the thieves. 419s stealing in the name of God. That a man has 1M follower does not mean God sent him. Jesus himself said that his judgement will start from the Church. Think about it
Don't mind the guy!! He just beleives his pastor cannot be wrong.He didn't even bother comming up with scriptures to justify this wicked teaaching

8 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 2:47pm On Oct 12, 2013
and they flood the thread yet again, this is like playing fetch?

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 2:48pm On Oct 12, 2013
Gombs:

I will be praying for you...

pray for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 9:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
grin grin grin grin
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 10:06pm On Oct 12, 2013
christemmbassey: grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 12, 2013
Most of these folks hardly go to church,claiming most churches have been compromised because of the tithes.

Funny enough they are the very ones practicing legalism and spiritual pride that they accuse tithers of.

Someone like christemmbassey who claims he pastors a church that don't practice biblical tithing have already isolated themselves forming
a separatist movement which is nothing more than a social club.

These are also the dangerous characteristics of cults and other Christian fringe groups which often consider themselves as the only ‘true remnant’ and suffer from deception and spiritual pride.

For those who don't go to church and who abuse leadership and biblical authority because of the tithe like drummaboy and candour,I would urge caution however, with a position which says that you must separate from all local churches because all of them are too worldly or unbiblical.

Such a position is fraught with it's own danger because aside from Biblical fellowship with live believers, you have no checks on knowing whether you yourself are falling prey to an overly legalistic walk.

Yes, you have God’s Word, but your interpretation and application of it can easily be askew and you could wind up being deceived. You may wind up majoring on some aspects of Scripture while significantly falling short on others (grace, love, patience, edification of others). Besides all that, you wind up outside of a true Biblical authority structure which would otherwise provide additional safety. A word is enough for the wise.

As for ALL who don't go to church anymore because of tithe and other doctrines, who spend hours lazying on the internet thinking this is Church, you need to understand that biblical separation is one thing, but refusing to participate in any local assembly because you alone understand true godliness can be an indication of spiritual pride, self-deception, and a recipe for trouble.

May the Lord guide US as WE seek to attain Biblical balance and remain true to Him. Amen!!

8 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 10:28pm On Oct 12, 2013
I will address some issues raised by the OP and Bidam from the biblical and Apostolic point of view later in the day.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 11:02pm On Oct 12, 2013
Ok, Bidam, i'll start to collect tithe from this month, smile na! grin
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 2:28am On Oct 13, 2013
Goshen360: I will address some issues raised by the OP and Bidam from the biblical and Apostolic point of view later in the day.

must you be on every tithe related thread?

there are enough already.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 3:18am On Oct 13, 2013
God2man:

I am very sad about this forum. I registered 2011, if i am not mistaken, there are over 100 threads on only one topic, TITHE, it is disheartening with the way they called old men of God that are old enough to be their fathers , thieves, fraudster, and that they are teaching nonsense, the Bible says, we should respect elders, there is no courtesy,a good christian must have the fruit of the spirit, up till now, i keep asking, are they Christians or Atheist? Because a good christian will not call old men of God thieves, it is not possibe, but this is in the dictionary of Anti-tithers. It is what you respect that comes into your life, if you want to grow old, you should respect your elders in the Christiandom, they are not Jesus, but they are the respresentatives of God on earth

First, I believe you start out with good intension but I took time to understand what you saying. I understand what you said out of good heart and I also understand what you said based on ignorance and what you said based on religion and what you said based on 'follow-follow' mentality and what you said based on emotion.

The above I agree with you not calling them all names but that is not to say they cannot be spoken against or called out when they teach what is not sound doctrine. Also, you must understand not everyone of us will address issues with the same level. Please, let this understand be in you.

God2man:

Now, this is the issue of religious sentiments and churchianity. Broad is the way that leads to destruction and many walk in it. I know you might want to read the religious mind into that text but it is what it is - many people will be doing what seems to be right but that God never approved. The fact that many Nigeria churches are doing it doesn't make it right.

The Lord said, for sometime you won't see me and after some time, you will see me again. These are the days we're are seeing the Jesus-kind of Christians. People who will not come to Christ because they want blessings, people who are challenge any religious teachings going on before, just like Jesus wiped the thieves in the temple. People who focus on Christ without mixing Judaism. These are all what Nigeria religious church is all about. But the good news is, there remain a remnant according to election of Grace.

You just said no matter the fight, it is an exercise in futility. You failed to understand the awakening is just beginning. First, by myself, I have delivered one RCCG pastor that used to be and is still my mentor. I discussed with him, calling him from the States here and as I began to delve into the word, he knew I was saying the truth. I told him to go study the subject of tithe again. Lo and behold, he called me back and said I was right. This might be a shocker to you - he resigned from RCCG and I wasn't the one that instructed him to resign.

Again, I'm believing God to start a teaching ministry in Nigeria and hope you will be alive to here of one brother Godwin (my real name) some day in the future. All false teachings (including tithe) going on before shall be dismantled. All Judaism shall be removed out of Christianity and the reality of the New Covenant in the finished works will be presented. I will not collect tithe directly or indirectly because ministry as the Lord is teaching me, is to care for the flock of God not collecting from them and it's a big responsibility. Ministry had been hijacked by men who are Judaizer but thinking they are practicing Christianity. If it is not Christ-like, it is not Christianity!!!

God2man:

Very simple - Because it negates the Grace of Christ, the message of the Cross and the Apostolic doctrine.

And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. Act 2:42

You can't just conclude it is waste of time or exercise in futility, there is a great revival going on right now and knowledge is increasing. Wait a minute, what do you think when Christ said "in the last days, there will be many false Christ and they shall deceive many. . . " You think these false Christ will call themselves Christ? Just like Christ wiped the thieves out of the temple, we will continue these fight and awareness and in time to come, these false teachings to Christians will spread and apparently, those in business will be put out of business.

God2man:

Lemme tell you what you don't understand. We present the truth as it is concerning tithe and tell whoever we teaching not to take our words for it but they should go, like the Bereans and study every where the tithe and tithing was ever taught in scripture and then we always get result except for those whose mind are religiously blinded because they exalted the words of their pastors more than the word of God. They can't believe their man of God can be lying to them for years. However, many Christians are too lazy to do study for themselves. The pastor is their bible study and they were indoctrinated to believe only men of God have 'special revelation' on God's word.

When someone want to build a house, the first thing is foundation. These men of God have laid foundation for continuous collection of tithe by mixing Judaism with Christianity. They have lifted what was written to Israel as what was written to the Church. Church people are confused, not knowing there left to right. They have created fear in the heart of people but lo and behold, my bible tells me, perfect love of God cast out fear. They have laid foundation in such a way that, they will continue to have customers coming to them for deliverance and visions and special messages\revelation etc which will in turn necessitate seed offerings and 'sow into the anointing' or 'point of contact' nonsense.

^ But, there's a remnant that have gone and be with the Lord and we have found of the tricks of the devil perpetrated by his minister calling themselves ministers of Christ. We have found the lies of the devil used by men on the pulpit to put God's children in bondage. Deliverance is here for God's people and do not think deliverance means casting out devils from a Christians but it means, accepting what had been done, what Christ had done by the One time offering of His blood.

Glory to God.

God2man:

We have listened to you pro-tithe. What are your teaching? Tithing pre-date the law. You don't dispute that. From the pulpit, e.g Pastor E.A. Adeboye, returns to Malachi and threatens worshipers with curse of devourer? Can you honestly tell us he is preaching tithe that pre-dated the law? Pastor E.A. Adeboye instructed all parishes there will be no ordination or marriage conducted for non-tithers. Lemme tell you the truth in my heart today, I lost respect for him when I heard\read that. That's outright UN-APOSTOLIC!!!

2. Even Bidam your tithe brother agrees that Malachi was written to nation of Israel and the priest then but what do we see on the pulpit, pastors on the pulpit will quote out of context and deceive many to part weekly with their money every Sunday. This is also UN-APOSTOLIC!!!

3. I once asked someone, if I tithe ONCE like Abraham,can it be said that I am a tithe. Guess what, the person said, YES!!! I'm a tither. Why then should we be labeled anti-tithe if we, most against tithing for Christians had tithed more than ONCE unlike Abraham? Abraham wasn't obeying yearly commandment of tithe as commanded under the law of Moses, hence, the once. Many of us had tithed more than once, If God is to judge us or reward us based on more than once act, we should be more blessed than Abraham or what do you think?

4. Abraham did animal sacrifice before the law, should we, Christians also follow this example today? Abraham slept with house maid, should we do that? Abraham went to war, should we do that? Abraham used flesh to help God, should we do that?

5. Abraham's tithing of spoils from the war' is never included as content of tithe under the law. Hence, it is not a continuation or an extension of Abraham's tithe officially commanded in the law. Other things mentioned above that Abraham did were all addressed under the law but items from war were never accepted or included as tithable items under the law. So, why the confusion?

6. Abraham's tithing as he was operate under the 'covenant of promise' then. The covenant of the law (by works, men trying to do something for God instead of God doing some for men) came and everything changed. The law was given so that men will come to the end of his self efforts.

For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. Romans 4:2

God2man:

You're simply using same tactics as these men of God we talking about. How do you know people will not come here anymore? Through this forum alone, many had been released from the yoke of men and bondage of the law of tithing. I have not tithed for many years, I have a good job, good benefits and pay and yet, I'm yet to see any 'devourer' in my life. Without boasting, I'm far better than many tithers in Nigeria. I know some religious mind will say I'm boasting but far from it - I'm saying what I am today is all by God's undeserved favour on me. I do not tithe but I'm a giver as I'm blessed.

God2man:

4. They are very cunny.

God2man.

1. I know many pro-tither who have more than 3 I.Ds, are you people not also guilty of same? Have you heard of online tracking softwares? All you have to do is, get one of them and install on your computer and run or open nairaland dot com on that software and you will be shocked how many of your pro-tithers with several I.Ds.

2. The most people I have seen twisting scripture the most are the pro-tithers e.g Olaadegbu, Bidam, Image123, Joagbaje, Gombs, Alwaystrue or abi na AlwaysLIE be that one name sef cheesy. These are chief scripture twisters on this forum as regards tithe. Scripture don't speak in tongues but very clear.

3. Who and who are arguing? Who lost and who won? Are you saying the pro-tithers don't insult us too. Both sides are guilty of insulting one another and I won't support one side against the other. In all, we should all be civic in our communication without resulting to insult.

4. Again, the greatest cunny people I have met in my whole life are, Olaadegbu, Bidam, Image123, Joagbaje, Gombs, Alwaystrue. Ask them questions, they will go in circle and give you scriptures that is far away from the point. They turn the table into something else. They are incapable of reasoning the scripture. Ask them simple logic question, they will attack your person and say you're too proud and using human knowledge to understand the word as if when the Holy Spirit teaches, he put the knowledge in the leg, not in our mind.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 3:20am On Oct 13, 2013
tpia@:

must you be on every tithe related thread?

there are enough already.

Yes, I have freedom to participate in whatever thread I choose to. Against such there is no law.

7 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 4:04am On Oct 13, 2013
all things are lawful but all things are not expedient.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 4:07am On Oct 13, 2013
Bidam:

Most of these folks hardly go to church,claiming most churches have been compromised because of the tithes.

Where did you get this statistics from? The advice I gave you will soon dawn on you someday. The religious interpretation of church is what is still troubling you. We go to fellowship or gathering of believer not to church. We are the church, the called out. How can the called out go to the called out? When you read scriptures such as, "I, Paul writing to the church at Corinth". It doesn't mean he was writing to the building where they worship but to the people, the called out. Stop saying people don't go to church. Start talking like someone who is a student of the word.

Bidam:

Funny enough they are the very ones practicing legalism and spiritual pride that they accuse tithers of.

Do you understand what legalism is? Where do you get the term 'spiritual pride' from? We're are simply following Apostolic teachings to Christians and nothing more. We know our right from our left, as simple as that.

Bidam:

Someone like christemmbassey who claims he pastors a church that don't practice biblical tithing have already isolated themselves forming a separatist movement which is nothing more than a social club.

Do you practice God's biblical tithe today? Is your tithe crops and animals and from Israel? Do you give your tithe to the Levites? Do you share your tithe with the poor, widows, fatherless, strangers etc. These are God's commanded tithe. Doing something contrary is outright disobedience. Chrisemmbassey have not and will never isolate himself from fellowshipping with you regardless of your tithe stand. As a matter of fact, responding back to you is fellowshipping with you via online thing. You should apologize for such false accusation.

Bidam:

These are also the dangerous characteristics of cults and other Christian fringe groups which often consider themselves as the only ‘true remnant’ and suffer from deception and spiritual pride.

And your institutionalized church are not cult? Do you know it is only cult that threatens people with no ordination, no marriage, no pastorial post etc for non-tither and only cult keeps tithe records with names of tithers before they can give any assistance to humanity? Haven't you read, "broad is the way . . . and many walk therein"?

Bidam:

For those who don't go to church and who abuse leadership and biblical authority because of the tithe like drummaboy and candour,I would urge caution however, with a position which says that you must separate from all local churches because all of them are too worldly or unbiblical.

Why are you talking like this? Is it D'boy and Candour that abuse leadership or leadership abusing them because they found the truth but because leadership benefit from tithe, they abuse them. Will you listen to an erring leadership or to God's word? I still read D'boy said he don't advice those who don't tithe to leave their church, we all need ourself. What then is this your accusation coming from?

Bidam:

Such a position is fraught with it's own danger because aside from Biblical fellowship with live believers, you have no checks on knowing whether you yourself are falling prey to an overly legalistic walk.

Yes, you have God’s Word, but your interpretation and application of it can easily be askew and you could wind up being deceived. You may wind up majoring on some aspects of Scripture while significantly falling short on others (grace, love, patience, edification of others). Besides all that, you wind up outside of a true Biblical authority structure which would otherwise provide additional safety. A word is enough for the wise.

The religious institutionalized church needs outright clean up. Christ is coming for a church without spot and wrinkle. The interpretation of the religious institutionalized church are nothing but mixture of Judaism plus Christianity - thinking and\or teaching Christ is just an addition to Judaism. Even you, teach the same thing. I read you teaching we receive Grace to obey the Law of Moses. Where do you get that from if not from religious institutionalized interpretation. You're saying\teaching exactly opposite of the Apostolic doctrines:

Galatians 3:1-3
Amplified Bible (AMP)

3 O you poor and silly and thoughtless and unreflecting and senseless Galatians! Who has fascinated or bewitched or cast a spell over you, unto whom—right before your very eyes—Jesus Christ (the Messiah) was openly and graphically set forth and portrayed as crucified? 2 Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the [Holy] Spirit as the result of obeying the Law and doing its works, or was it by hearing [the message of the Gospel] and believing [it]? [Was it from observing a law of rituals or from a message of faith?]. 3 Are you so foolish and so senseless and so silly? Having begun [your new life spiritually] with the [Holy] Spirit, are you now reaching perfection [by dependence] on the flesh?

The Law is all about man trying to do something for God, self effort towards righteousness. That's righteousness by the law but under Grace, there's righteousness which is by faith (in the completed works of Christ) and nothing more. Under the Law, God foreshadow the blessing through the sacrifice of Christ which was a shadow of good things to come. Today, that sacrifice is done, and we are blessed "through that sacrifice of Christ"

Bidam:

As for ALL who don't go to church anymore because of tithe and other doctrines, who spend hours lazying on the internet thinking this is Church, you need to understand that biblical separation is one thing, but refusing to participate in any local assembly because you alone understand true godliness can be an indication of spiritual pride, self-deception, and a recipe for trouble.

May the Lord guide US as WE seek to attain Biblical balance and remain true to Him. Amen!!

Anyone (church) who don't fellowship with others because of tithe is immature and tithe differences is not a criteria not to fellowship with other. There're people who are listed we should not fellowship with and I don't see tither among that list. We need one another in fellowship but not church because we are the church ourselves.

God bless you also, my brother and everyone.

13 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 4:10am On Oct 13, 2013
tpia@:
all things are lawful but all things are not expedient.

. . . but I will not be brought under the power of any, such as someone telling me must I enter every tithe thread. cheesy
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by alexleo(m): 5:49am On Oct 13, 2013
@OP,
Why are you worrying yourself? Preach your own and let them preach their own. Those of them who wish to insult and abuse. Let them continue if their spirit is ok with the abuse. For me, I am a tither. I am very comfortable with it and I am not planning to stop. I ve slso stopped reading anti tithe threads here for quite some time now because I am not convinced by their argument. I don't also read tithe threads because I have nothing more to learn from it.
Having said that, let me still say that the manner some churches preach about tithe as if their whole lives depend on it is very annoying. Must tithe be preached every month? Have we exhausted all the teachings in the bible? Its obvious that most pastors opened churches because of money. Not really to win souls for christ but to win souls for tithe. And this is majorly among the new generation churches that started from the 80s uptill this time. Are such money conscious and money oriented pastors also men of God?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Mbaka: "Why I Rejected Jonathan’s Dollars" / Pastor Adeboye: Naira Will Be Powerful Again / How To Prepare Gun Medicine, Cutlass Medicine & Knife Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.