Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,790 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? (11484 Views)

Questions Concerning Your Preferred Salary Scale During Job Interviews / Job Section Library For Job-Seekers: Discussion Threads, Etc. / Job Seekers: What Course Did You Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by ogedanny: 7:41pm On Apr 21, 2013
In spite of the growing population in Lagos and applicants, why are graduates more interested in relocating to lagos to find a greener pasture?

Please share your opinion and views on whether Lagos still remains the ideal place of job seekers or if there are other states job seekers can look up to.

Want to Leave for a Better Job In Lagos? Conect with senior executive recruiters in Nigeria, Find Latest Management Jobs In Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by adewasco2k(m): 10:03pm On Apr 21, 2013
ogedanny: In spite of the growing population in Lagos and applicants, why are graduates more interested in relocating to lagos to find a greener pasture?

Please share your opinion and views on whether Lagos still remains the ideal place of job seekers or if there are other states job seekers can look up to

Im sorry but as an African man i think i can answer that with a question wink

why are companies establishing there offices in Lagos despite the growing population?

Simple, new companies are been established in Lagos to take advantage of the growing population, while people seeking jobs are relocating to fit in those companies. smiley

That is just a major reason there are others ; like Lagos has that flexibility to accommodate any class, same reason while migration to urban areas like Abuja is at its minimal, cost of living there is so high, its mainly for rich alone.

Urbanization : is the physical growth of urban areas as a result of rural migration and even suburban concentration into cities in search for greener pasture. wink

14 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:16am On Apr 22, 2013
Lagos has the most diversified economy in Nigeria. Everything from Health, Food, Maritime, Oil & Gas, Aviation, banking, commerce, I.T, e.t.c

Secondly, most of the companies are all head quartered in Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by Vincent41(m): 9:18am On Apr 22, 2013
ogedanny: In spite of the growing population in Lagos and applicants, why are graduates more interested in relocating to lagos to find a greener pasture?

Please share your opinion and views on whether Lagos still remains the ideal place of job seekers or if there are other states job seekers can look up to

its becos lagos ve bridges and abadon house to sleep more dan any other place

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by baynix(m): 9:21am On Apr 22, 2013
Rhetorical Question
Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by baynix(m): 9:23am On Apr 22, 2013
Okija_juju: Lagos has the most diversified economy in Nigeria. Everything from Health, Food, Maritime, Oil & Gas, Aviation, banking, commerce, I.T, e.t.c

Thanks For Breaking It Down cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by Shadydamsel(f): 9:28am On Apr 22, 2013
smiley[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Hope for a better paid job are here in lagos naa[b]Hope for a better paid job are here in lagos naa[/b]Hope for a better paid job are here in lagos naa
Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 22, 2013
Okija_juju: Lagos has the most diversified economy in Nigeria. Everything from Health, Food, Maritime, Oil & Gas, Aviation, banking, commerce, I.T, e.t.c

you couldnt have said it better!
Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by GentleNaaz(m): 9:37am On Apr 22, 2013
Lagos is mostly preferd cos of its high class industrial companies dat pay 6 digit salary

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:37am On Apr 22, 2013
What a question: this day, 22nd April, 2013
Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by anonimi: 9:48am On Apr 22, 2013
[size=14pt]Because it has been developed by the federal government for over five decades with the Niger Delta oil revenue.[/size]
IF the revenue allocation is changed to revenue CONTRIBUTION as it was before Nzeogwu's January 1966 coup,
there will be more development in the Niger Delta and people will flock there for employment.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by wildchild1: 9:48am On Apr 22, 2013
there lotta things that comes to mind
1.Lagos is full of opportunities
2.Since most job seekers want to work for private companies and lagos has the largest population of private companies
3.Standard of living is relatively low compared to other cities that have similar facilities with Lagos
4.The 9ja factor "if you can make it in lagos,you can make it anywhere"
5.SOCIALIZATION...

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 22, 2013
Eko o ni baje

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by rodeo0070(m): 10:04am On Apr 22, 2013
Talking about Lagos. The truth is, Lagos is a Haven of opportunities. No city in Nigeria has as much opportunities in Nigeria as Lagos. With lots of places to work and lots of things to lay your hands on, from banks to Oil firms, muiltinationals, NGOs, and even to the Entertainment industry!

Abuja is another good place to live if you are a job seeker. Though many claim that you have to know somebody who knows somebody that can give you a job. But in all, there are lots of opportunities in the Federal government parastatals, Ministries, International NGOs etc.

Last but not the least is Port Harcourt, the Oil city of Nigeria, with a bunch of opportunities in the Oil and Gas industry and other lucrative sectors.

My point is, these cities are the job hub of the nation... grin grin grin wink

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 22, 2013
Lagos is the economic center of the nation

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by BarryX(m): 10:07am On Apr 22, 2013
Is Lagos really the most preferred or people just choose Lagos because they have no options or alternative cities available??

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by Arcard(m): 10:10am On Apr 22, 2013
home fo all
Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:11am On Apr 22, 2013
BarryX: Is Lagos really the most preferred or people just choose Lagos because they have no options or alternative cities available??

Most people chose Lagos for lack of a better option.. I wouldnt want to live in Lagos, but I'm not ignorant of the vast opportunities that Lagos holds.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 22, 2013
Lagos ke... I hate that city.. Got my first job in PH.. I love PH... Bleep Lagos men..

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 22, 2013
@oneangel. U mean u got ur first job in ph xplain? R u an indigen or did u do trade by barter?
Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by Inik(m): 10:54am On Apr 22, 2013
There are more opportunities in Lagos than anywhere else in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 22, 2013
Lagos IS WHERE IT ALL BEGINS!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by BarneyStinlEsS(m): 11:03am On Apr 22, 2013

And who told you that?Lagos is just one of the CITIES graduates go to,Okay!
Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by greall1: 11:07am On Apr 22, 2013
because Lagos is another con3 entirely

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by greall1: 11:08am On Apr 22, 2013
Cost of living PH also high.

oneangle: Lagos ke... I hate that city.. Got my first job in PH.. I love PH... Bleep Lagos men..
Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 22, 2013
One can't say for sure but Lagos has well-established infrastructure that facilitate business development and growth.
Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by Dfrenzy(m): 11:09am On Apr 22, 2013
Na how many times per hour this post go enter front page?
Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by churific(m): 11:19am On Apr 22, 2013
Lagos is to Nigeria as the United States is to the world.

Despite the mediocre economic status and high unemployment rates in the United States (not compared to Nigeria of course), it is still the number one destination for dream seekers. Some genuinely want to go to Lagos because of its advancements and infrastructural stability but most graduates are delusional in thinking that Lagos is the place to make it big!

Good Luck!
Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by clemz85(m): 11:24am On Apr 22, 2013
i dunno but i knw y it has the heaviest raffic so far
Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by Revolva(m): 11:39am On Apr 22, 2013
(Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers?)
oya siddon for your village dey find work ..this your question dey annoying

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 22, 2013
And why is this Topic appearing double on the Font Page? angry
Re: Why Is Lagos The Preferred City For Job Seekers? by kcjazz(m): 11:59am On Apr 22, 2013
Lagos has evolved into a cosmopolitan city. No other place in Nigeria are people from different cultures/tribes/race accepted more than in Lagos. It is not even about the money anymore, Lagos is a tolerant place.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Did You Land Your Current Job? / Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Mobil Nigeria / NAR Recruitment.interview/test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.