Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,775 members, 7,813,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Nigerian Movies In One Word? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Movies In One Word? (10938 Views)

Free Nigerian Movies: Leave onlinenigeria.com alone / Best Nigerian Movies / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by Nobody: 6:07am On Apr 21, 2008
Improving
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by beelyjay45(m): 7:14am On Apr 21, 2008
no simplicity
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by fire4fire: 11:22am On Apr 21, 2008
Part 1,2,3,4,5 and watch out for part 6.
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by lovespin: 4:24am On Apr 22, 2008
Brainless, mmmmmm, Imbecilic !
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by slimes(m): 10:48am On Apr 22, 2008
Fair.
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by minimynimo(m): 12:48pm On Apr 22, 2008
I was going to agree with 'improving' but after 2 decades of "improving" and still we have craps, a load of them, mmh-mmh
Certain outfit have remained good though, MAINFRAME comes to mind.

To our music videos, improving understates it. They have leaped (4ward), not jumped. But movie, tsk, tsk, tsk cry embarassed
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by Hardballer(m): 4:31pm On Apr 22, 2008
corny
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by uche77zero(m): 6:58pm On Apr 22, 2008
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]egetasebe[/size][/size][/size]
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by mary09(f): 12:56am On Apr 23, 2008
A'ight.
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by ariblaze(m): 7:23am On Apr 23, 2008
lacking
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by simmy(m): 8:59am On Apr 23, 2008
Pathetic
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by kayemjay(m): 12:50pm On Apr 23, 2008
chaaaaiiiiii!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by elektra(f): 4:26pm On Apr 23, 2008
unintelligent, time wasting, basically crab!
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by bimbotolu: 6:13pm On Apr 23, 2008
cheesy could be intresting atimes.
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by hanksgirl(f): 6:45am On Apr 24, 2008
disgusting!!!!!!!! angry
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by BTT(m): 8:02am On Apr 24, 2008
Must-improve-or-damn
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 24, 2008
watdaf@#K
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by Okason(m): 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2008
Well, there is no doubt that Nigerian Movies just like every other aspects of the Nigerian society can use some or a lot of improvements. You see there no one sector that can improve in isolation. You cannot have "good quality" movies in a society where quality is not encouraged. Movies are a form of entertainment and you cannot have a quality entertainment without a corresponding improvement in the quality of life.

However at the moment, I think that the Nigerian movie industry can use less background, less repetition and put their mostly predictive stories in one movie instead of Part 1,2,3  . .
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by trueluva(f): 10:17pm On Apr 25, 2008
awesome.
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by mrjuwon: 1:00pm On Apr 26, 2008
Gloriuous Crap. (time of your life that you cannot get back)

I believe Yoruba movies are actually better and I feel its down to the comfort they have with acting in their own language. The attempts at making English based Nigerian movies (which I believe this thread is most probably referring to) are sooo sooo bad and poor. First, these actors seem to spout the lines off in English in the most ridiculous way, this in itsself just get you laughing right from the the first. There is nothing more ridiculus like when the prodigal American son returns (oh the american costume horror!), or when the uncle returns from America. It is not by force to act in English. Yoruba films excellent (although scary), i'd rather just read the subtitles. Bollywood did not become number 2 by speaking English. All the Bollywood movies we used to watch in Nigeria when we were kids were all in their respective languages be it hindu or punjabi and they had subtitles which never deviated from how interesting the movie is. This includes french fils as well.

Next on the line is the foreground music. Oh is it supposed to be background, i believe so but nooooo it is foreground and the actors' dialogues becomes background. So youhave to increase your tv to the loudest. in doing this you run the risk of the badly themed music playing all the time for the next 2 hours and in part 2.

I am really sorry i know you said one word, but there is no one word that can adequately capture the appallingness of Nigerian movies, no one world. *shakes head*
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by omar22(m): 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2008
It makes Bollywood films look like we still have a very long way to go
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by ugeb(f): 5:55am On Apr 27, 2008
bullSHIT
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by joecooper(m): 9:15am On Apr 29, 2008
uncoordinated
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by KikiDixy(f): 1:29pm On Apr 29, 2008
YIKES!!! grin grin
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by 3dhunter(m): 8:03pm On Apr 29, 2008
stillbirth
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by biggjoe(m): 10:07am On Apr 30, 2008
disgusting!!!
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by Aderoy(m): 11:35am On Apr 30, 2008
Hello Fellow Nairalanders. This is my 2nd reply in this forum since 2007.

It’s very difficult to sum it up in one word. The thing is that we celebrate mediocrity in Naija. If most of us agree that Nigerian movies are “crap” most have suggested that goes to show there are crap viewers as well. How do I mean, most of the viewers only watch crap as long as their favourite actor/actress is in the film without analysing the goods and the bad. Most viewers are being cheated by movie producers (and over 60% of viewers are not aware of this [well I stand to be corrected on with my statistics as it s guestimate] ). How on earth can one churn out millions of copies films (from planning, scenes, act, transportation, distribution etc) being handled by a bunch of individuals who’s got no clue about movie production. It is amazing how many copies of these rubbish are sold at the end of the day.

Check out adverts: Its is very annoying they most often shout in adverts without any need. It is almost the same old crap pattern.

Without mentioning names however, there are very good Nigerian films out there that can hold their own and compete with the very best in the world Take for example films from “MAINFRAME FILMS AND TELEVISION PRODUCTIONS” tend to be produced to high standard. Bu the best I am yet to find any matching standard for is  “YELLOW CARD” (http://www.yellow-card.com/). I think this movie was shot and produced in Zimbabwe. Without being sentimental I am yet to see any Nigerian film that matches this standard (although I have being outa of the scene since late 2005 so I am not sure of the standard now).

I am really sorry i know you said one word, but there is no one word that can adequately capture how I strongly feel about the Naija movies So I’d put it in one phrase: Absolute craaaaaaaaaaaaaap and down-to-earth substandard”.

Aderoy
Aderoy01@yahoo.co.uk
+447877393327

Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by Salena: 3:11am On May 01, 2008
getting-popular
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by ademiller(f): 5:27pm On May 01, 2008
childsplay
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by kene20(m): 7:45pm On May 01, 2008
Improving
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by ademiller(f): 10:12am On May 02, 2008
kene say whatttttttttttttt? shocked
Re: Nigerian Movies In One Word? by meetajir: 7:27pm On May 02, 2008
vexing angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

MTN 'Project Fame' Audition In Ibadan (Pictures) / who do you prefer:omotola,genevieve,ini,chioma chukwuka or stella damascus / Profile Of Cyph, Bbnaija Season 7 Housemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.