Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

You Think You Got Brains? Try This... - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / You Think You Got Brains? Try This... (18425 Views)

When You Are About To Pull Out But She Knows You Got Money (photo) / When Your Friends Argue If The Answer Was 75 Or 80 But You Got -4 / When You Think You Have Dressed To Kill When Visiting Your Inlaws: PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by OROZONE(m): 12:21am On Apr 22, 2013
This puzzle has caused a lot of serious arguements.
The teacher said:
"I wish yesterday was tomorrow, today would have been friday".
Quiz:
On which day of the week did the teacher say †ha†?

1 Like

Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by Nobody: 1:44am On Apr 22, 2013
Ode its saturday na,easy peasy
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by nnecar(f): 6:22am On Apr 22, 2013
Friday
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by labaks(f): 10:42am On Apr 22, 2013
Stale undecided

D ans is Wed

2 Likes

Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by nmagirl(f): 11:27am On Apr 22, 2013
day before ystday.
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by eduson33(m): 12:56pm On Apr 22, 2013
Thursday
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by CNN80: 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2013
For today to be Friday, tomorrow has to be Saturday. But Saturday was yesterday, so today is Sunday.

I hope that made sense tongue

1 Like

Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 22, 2013
sunday!
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by OROZONE(m): 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
Seriously this puzzle is very crazy. I believe d answer is sunday sha... Which means d yesterday of sunday is saturday which is d tomorrow of friday! Guys pls gv reasons 4 ur answers
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by XEGUUN(m): 10:57pm On Apr 22, 2013
Since just as he said, yesterday would hav been saturday he pushed after today which he wished was friday and he said it after real yesterday which came to be saturday den d day he said it was sunday.
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by Exponental(m): 7:02am On Apr 23, 2013
OROZONE: Seriously this puzzle is very crazy. I believe d answer is sunday sha... Which means d yesterday of sunday is saturday which is d tomorrow of friday! Guys pls gv reasons 4 ur answers
ans is Wednesday.
He wished yesterday was tomorrow. Differences in days is 2. He wished he could rewind d days by 2 (wishing yesterday is yet to come ie -2). So if 2 days were to be subtracted from friday, just remove 2days from friday n u get ur ans. QED!
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by sutoboy(m): 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
Very simple...the answer is either...Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday or Sunday.....i bet the answer is there.

1 Like

Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by OROZONE(m): 8:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
sutoboy: Very simple...the answer is either...Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday or Sunday.....i bet the answer is there.
B4 nko? Why can't you tell your tutor d ans is A, B, C or D.?
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by sutoboy(m): 11:05am On Apr 26, 2013
OROZONE: B4 nko? Why can't you tell your tutor d ans is A, B, C or D.?

i did.so shut up
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by ProdigyImmy(m): 9:58pm On Apr 26, 2013
Let's assume today ɪ̣̝̇§ WEDNESDAY... If yesterday which ɪ̣̝̇§ now tuesday was tomorrow (Thursday) then today will be Friday. So d ans ɪ̣̝̇§ WEDNESDAY

1 Like

Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by OROZONE(m): 6:47am On Apr 29, 2013
Prodigy_Immy: Let's assume today ɪ̣̝̇§ WEDNESDAY... If yesterday which ɪ̣̝̇§ now tuesday was tomorrow (Thursday) then today will be Friday. So d ans ɪ̣̝̇§ WEDNESDAY
ur view
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by doubleOsima: 4:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
I think the difference between a sunday answer and a wednesday answer is in the question frame and the arrangement of the days of the week.
NB: If "yesterday was tomorrow" is different from if "tomorrow was yesterday".
The first case assumes the past was in the future hence d true time is in the past... Take two days off Friday in the backward order.
22nd,23rd,24th,25th,26th, 27th... If 24th was 26th, 25th would be 27th
The second case assumes a future to be in the past hence the true time is in the future... take two days off friday in the forward order.
22nd,23rd,24th,25th,26th, 27th... If 26th was 24th, 25th would be 23rd
Since the teacher treats case 1, d answer is a WEDNESDAY!
For any queries mail doubleosima33@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by sKeetz(m): 7:37pm On Apr 29, 2013
^^^u got it all wrong, its not as hard as you guys think. The correct ansa is Sunday

Assuming today is Sunday and I said "I wish yesterday was tomorrow, today would
have been friday". It simply implies that yesterday which is Saturday becomes tomorrow. What's the day before Saturday. Its simple ; FRIDAY

Its not even close to some ming buggling puzzles which I have come across. Peace!

2 Likes

Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by doubleOsima: 9:01pm On Apr 29, 2013
sKeetz: ^^^u got it all wrong, its not as hard as you guys think. The correct ansa is Sunday

Assuming today is Sunday and I said "I wish yesterday was tomorrow, today would
have been friday". It simply implies that yesterday which is Saturday becomes tomorrow. What's the day before Saturday. Its simple ; FRIDAY

Its not even close to some ming buggling puzzles which I have come across. Peace!
Hi skeetz, I'll just follow thru your assumptions.
Assuming today is sunday, I wish yesterday=saturday was tomorrow=monday then today=sunday must now be tuesday. So sunday doesn't answer the friday question.
Assuming today is wednesday, I wish yesterday=tuesday was tomorrow=thursday then today=wednesday would be friday.
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by sKeetz(m): 9:15pm On Apr 29, 2013
doubleOsima:
Hi skeetz, I'll just follow thru your assumptions.
Assuming today is sunday, I wish yesterday=saturday was tomorrow=monday then today=sunday must now be tuesday. So sunday doesn't answer the friday question.
Assuming today is wednesday, I wish yesterday=tuesday was tomorrow=thursday then today=wednesday would be friday.

I wouldn't want to go into an argument with you. Google is ur friend.
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by sofadj(m): 1:04am On Apr 30, 2013
D answer is easily wednesday. Oya mods close the thread.
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by samuelezekiel(m): 11:38am On Jul 07, 2013
sutoboy: Very simple...the answer is either...Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday or Sunday.....i bet the answer is there.
you are right if you can prove it.
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by samuelezekiel(m): 11:46am On Jul 07, 2013
doubleOsima: I think the difference between a sunday answer and a wednesday answer is in the question frame and the arrangement of the days of the week.
NB: If "yesterday was tomorrow" is different from if "tomorrow was yesterday".
The first case assumes the past was in the future hence d true time is in the past... Take two days off Friday in the backward order.
22nd,23rd,24th,25th,26th, 27th... If 24th was 26th, 25th would be 27th
The second case assumes a future to be in the past hence the true time is in the future... take two days off friday in the forward order.
22nd,23rd,24th,25th,26th, 27th... If 26th was 24th, 25th would be 23rd
Since the teacher treats case 1, d answer is a WEDNESDAY!
For any queries mail doubleosima33@gmail.com
you are right.you've definitely got brain,it all depends on which you choose to interchange.
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by Nobody: 5:07am On Jul 08, 2013
Sunday. . . Just skip 2 days foward, that's all smiley
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by vepump: 1:34pm On Jul 08, 2013
assume :A = today =5 yesterday=B B+3=A=5 B=2(TUE.) A=B+1=WED.
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by Dairo47: 12:25pm On Jul 09, 2013
wednesday
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by OROZONE(m): 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2013
vepump: assume :A = today =5 yesterday=B B+3=A=5 B=2(TUE.) A=B+1=WED.
what formula is this?
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by odohp: 8:42pm On Jul 25, 2013
wed ysday would av bn tusday.. tomoro is thursday and today friday
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by DrGravity: 9:31pm On Jul 25, 2013
Sunday. Use your brain people.
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by saintneo(m): 10:07pm On Jul 25, 2013
mercredi
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by vepump: 10:29am On Jul 26, 2013
OROZONE: what formula is this?
assume mon=1 sunday=7
and you can solve your problem quite easy with that formula.
Re: You Think You Got Brains? Try This... by kwaraguy(m): 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2013
Its friday because -1 +1 is zero so nothing has happened. its FRIDAY. He "wished"

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Cunning Human Resources Manager. What Can You Say To This? / What Goes Up A Hill With Three Legs And Comes Down With Four? / Romade And The Earthworm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.