Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,193 members, 7,829,270 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Sub-standard Building Material:"the Looming Danger" - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Sub-standard Building Material:"the Looming Danger" (1432 Views)

Poll: Who is to be Blamed?

The Seller: 0% (0 votes)
The Buyer: 0% (0 votes)
The Gorvernment: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

For Roofing Sheet,marble, Tiles, Louvers & All Kinds Of Building Material / Building Material Suppliers And Contractors Needed For 2 Nos 3 Bdrms (picts) / Sub-standard Building Material:"The Looming Danger" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sub-standard Building Material:"the Looming Danger" by ione: 6:55pm On Apr 10, 2008
When building the first thing that comes into the mind of every builder is Material Quality and Material Cost,its quite unfortunate that a building that has just been built is been repaired because of the influx of substandard material.A building is suppose to be long term investment but these days the reverse is the case,individuals/firms use these materials with or without their knowledge and they end end spending more in maintenance.House that wre built about ten years ago cannot be compared with recently built houses this because back then materials used were of high quality,now when you go to buy these materials one is given low qaulity materials(china materials)as they been called.

Because a builder of a house wants quality materials to be used in his project he goes to these elaborate show rooms to buy where he is milked dry in the name of original and still some of the materials are fake.I'm not saying they are no standard materials in market any more,but it's just difficult buying one especially when you are a novice.And when you know what you want you could still be tricked by these seller because the standard ones and the substard ones are so alike.Even when the owner of a building goes with his or her plumber/tiler at the end of the day he goes home with these same fake materials because the plumber/tiler would collaborate with the seller to supply the substandard goods to make more profit,i've seen this happen more often than i can count, I feel pity for houses in lagos especially the lekki area,due to the salty water in lagos low qaulity materials can't stand this salty water.

I believe in this country very much as a young man and i believe for this country to change everyone has to contribute in one way or the other,i guess this is the only way i can contribute i just want every Nigerian to be aware and not to throw away their hard earned money

Uwalaka Walter
08060500676 embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Real Estate Page / 4 Bedroom Duplex At Crown Estate Lekki For Sale / Studio To Let @ Bourdillon Courts,chevron Drive,lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.