Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 (1369 Views)

Do You Used To See Repeating Numbers Such As: 11:11, 09:09, 08:08, 07:07, 03:03? / Pastors Owning Private Jets Is An Embarrassment – Bishop Mathew Kukah / Is Barrack Obama The Reincarnation Of Nimrod Of The Ancient Babylonian Empire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by Joel3(m): 5:09pm On Apr 22, 2013
Matthew 11:11-15 New International Version (NIV) 11 Truly I tell you, among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet whoever is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence, [ a] and violent people have been raiding it. 13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. “14 And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. 15 Whoever has ears, let them hear.”
Re: Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by Joel3(m): 5:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
Matthew 11:11-15 New King James Version (NKJV) 11 “Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force. 13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. 14 And if you are willing to receive it, he is Elijah who is to come. 15 He who has ears to hear, let him hear!
Re: Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by Joel3(m): 5:22pm On Apr 22, 2013
Matthew 11:11-15 Good News Translation (GNT) 11 I assure you that John the Baptist is greater than anyone who has ever lived. But the one who is least in the Kingdom of heaven is greater than John. 12 From the time John preached his message until this very day the Kingdom of heaven has suffered violent attacks, [ a ] and violent men try to seize it. 13 Until the time of John all the prophets and the Law of Moses spoke about the Kingdom; 14 and if you are willing to believe their message, John is Elijah, whose coming was predicted. 15 Listen, then, if you have ears!
Re: Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by ATMC(f): 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2013
Isn't it obvious dt elijah didn't die hence his return, who else was mentioned to have returned? It was necessary for elijah to return cos he was in flesh over there and flesh wont inherit d kingdom.
Re: Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by Joel3(m): 7:14pm On Apr 22, 2013
hence john didn't fell from the sky. he was conceived and born by his mother elizabeth. can you see what i saw?
Re: Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by okeyxyz(m): 8:54am On Apr 23, 2013
ATMC:
Isn't it obvious dt elijah didn't die hence his return, who else was mentioned to have returned? It was necessary for elijah to return cos he was in flesh over there and flesh wont inherit d kingdom.

This kind of reasoning and teaching is the problem with christianity. Flesh does not refer to physical flesh, rather it refers to human morality, which is based on the law of Moses. The more We divorce ourselves from the Law's(of Moses) value system, the more our minds are opened to understand parables, prophesies and doctrines of christianity.
Re: Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by okeyxyz(m): 8:55am On Apr 23, 2013
Joel.:
hence john didn't fell from the sky. he was conceived and born by his mother elizabeth. can you see what i saw?

Nice!!!
Re: Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by ATMC(f): 10:18am On Apr 23, 2013
okeyxyz:

This kind of reasoning and teaching is the problem with christianity. Flesh does not refer to physical flesh, rather it refers to human morality, which is based on the law of Moses. The more We divorce ourselves from the Law's(of Moses) value system, the more our minds are opened to understand parables, prophesies and doctrines of christianity.
don't tell me dt. Flesh is flesh. Flesh wont inherit d kingdom dt's why people die! Don't twist it...there's a reference you'd have cited and i wouldn't have minded but this your post is senseless!
Re: Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by ATMC(f): 10:19am On Apr 23, 2013
Joel.:
lol
Re: Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by victorNRceo: 10:58am On Apr 23, 2013
@atmc c ur talk o.

Elijah ascended to heaven,bodily alive.
Nearly the same way jesus ascended(he resurrected=bodily alive).

Since jesus came out of a woman's womb and after his ascension it's not said that he'll be back to die and re-ascended as a spirit,y then would elijah comeback to die as john. U're kiddin'.
Re: Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by ATMC(f): 11:10am On Apr 23, 2013
Am i ?
Re: Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by ATMC(f): 11:13am On Apr 23, 2013
victor-NR-ceo:
@atmc c ur talk o.

Elijah ascended to heaven,bodily alive.
Nearly the same way jesus ascended(he resurrected=bodily alive).

Since jesus came out of a woman's womb and after his ascension it's not said that he'll be back to die and re-ascended as a spirit,y then would elijah comeback to die as john. U're kiddin'.
what exactly is your point?
Re: Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by victorNRceo: 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2013
ATMC: what exactly is your point?
Ma point was obvious there mehn. Elijah neva came back,those verses were figurative.
And ur point that elijah cameback to take off his flesh and return to heaven in a spirit form is false.
Re: Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by ATMC(f): 1:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
Ok. I get your point now. Are you saying reincarnation is not true too?
Re: Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by Rexyl(m): 6:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
For all minds that get it wrongly in Christianity there is nothing reincarnation. Our belief and hope are demonstrated by what happened to Jesus. He died and resurrected the third day, then from 3rd to 40th day he was on earth, been to any place on earth he wanted to at any time, any moment, any second but at 40th day he was caught in heaven. What does this mean? Days 1-3 the body and the soul was underneath(a state of perfect rest), at the third day the soul was lifted up from the grave to move freely on earth with absolute freedom. For a soul to resurrect the body must first be destroyed as stated in the Bible human body shall return back to soil it belongs. In the case of Jesus the body was partly heavenly from his glorious birth even as announced by the angel. And the Bible had said about him in old testament that God will not allow His Holy one to suffer corruption, that why Jesus was transformed in both body and soul. As regards Elijah he was caught up with inglorious body to heaven that might be reason God would not allow him to jump the ordained process. Remember within that period of his trasition Jesus referred to him that the smallest in heaven was greater than him.
Re: Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by Joel3(m): 4:51pm On Apr 27, 2013
@rexyl, you are totally off topic. although i understand what you are trying to pass across but you are not in. the topic is about the reincanation of elijah as john the batist
Re: Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by Rexyl(m): 8:21pm On Apr 27, 2013
Joel.:
@rexyl, you are totally off topic. although i understand what you are trying to pass across but you are not in. the topic is about the reincanation of elijah as john the batist

I was giving the illustration of how things really look like immediately after death by what Christ showed us through his death and resurrection. As regards Elijah what happened is not reincarnation but a soul that was returned back to earth yet in the flesh to fulfill what I described as God‘s ordained process to all men to return back to the dust where we were made from. John the Baptist declaration about Jesus referenced him as the Holy One he had known, meaning he was aware of previous experiences about Jesus while in heaven. Remember Jesus referred to him as the least in heaven, no mention of any disobedience or any other sin in him to have occupied this least position. But I get to know that He could not ride to heaven in the flesh or body sown in corruption. To obey the process of transformation of the corruptible to the incorruptible or the immortality, the flesh must certainly return back to the dust where it originally belongs. The principle of reincarnation makes one to believe that man can come back to earth several times after death: he can come back as a man, animal or plant. Let me ask this question, have you lived with a person that has been to earth several times before? If the answer is yes I thought millions of people borne by this process would voluntarily testify.
Re: Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by Joel3(m): 9:44pm On Apr 27, 2013
@rexyl, i would advice you stop or ceased further because you are rubbing yourself inside nonesense. there is no credibility in your comment up here. rather they contradict themself. first what do you understand about reincanation? you said something about coming back to return to the duct which i find very childish or a careless talker. elijah ascend to the sky and he was never seen and the body was not found, ok let assumes he died because that is the only way he could come back to earth again. and john in the other hand did not fell from the sky.. he was born by elizabeth which is a clear case of reincanation in respective of how you sees it i know its very hard to digest as a believer but the facts must be admitted. it simplys means reincanation is possible whatever ways you see it.
Re: Reincarnation Found In The Bible. Mathew 11:11-14 by Rexyl(m): 5:25am On Apr 28, 2013
@Joel. You are a Christian or what? I was so disturbed the way you are confused about the way of God. Remember from sermon of Jesus that when he preached to people in understandable words and they could not depict simple meaning he would explain it in parable to make the matter more than a childish thing. I would advise that you need to be more spiritual at times in understanding the way and work of God.

(1) (Reply)

Atheists ..what Do You Think Of Mermaids ? / Which 'religion' God Would Judge The World? / Open Letter To Nicholas Ibekwe : The T. B. Joshua Bribe Saga Another Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.