Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,806 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:07 PM

What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not (7763 Views)

How To Install Whatsapp On A Nokia S40 Phones / Easy | How To Hack Symbian Phone S60v3 S60v5 S^3 Anna Belle / Hack Your Symbian Phone In 3mins(v3,v5,anna,belle) Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:31am On Apr 25, 2013
what gets me is the fact that people are responding to this thread.

why?

by so doing, you are lending credence to the fuckery it represents.

this is 2013, not 2008. threads like this should elicit a shake of the head, and a curse for the bandwidth wasted in reading it.

move on.
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by oseiwe(m): 8:42am On Apr 25, 2013
ciphoenix: but you can't compare them both. N8 that couldn't even take the new software updates
I'm running my N8 on belle refresh, I hv an exceptional device to compliment my life.
If u have no life and need a phone to create one for u, get an android.
It doesnt get much simpler.
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by Damon03(m): 9:32am On Apr 25, 2013
We are talking about phones and some people are actually mentioning E72 , N97
In 2013
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by Damon03(m): 9:35am On Apr 25, 2013
Defaramade:
siddon 4 dia continue thinking...even nokia knws dat android na grandpa 4 symbian
Everything u see today came from thinking even God creating heaven and earth, so oga biko let me think... Whether grandpa or grandchild that's none of my bizness
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by freebloke: 11:08am On Apr 25, 2013
mtcheew...make unu dey dia dey run unu mouth abi na fingas about andrew abi na android dem dey kol am...mi don pass d@ level. Na ZENOID mi dey use now.
Abegi mey unu no ask mi wich kain fone b d@ cos na 4 my dream i use am o.

1 Like

Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by ciphoenix: 12:24am On Apr 26, 2013
oseiwe:
I'm running my N8 on belle refresh, I hv an exceptional device to compliment my life.
If u have no life and need a phone to create one for u, get an android.
It doesnt get much simpler.
That Bar Soap grin grin
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by ciphoenix: 12:25am On Apr 26, 2013
4llerbuntu: what gets me is the fact that people are responding to this thread.

why?

this is 2013, not 2008. threads like this should elicit a shake of the head, and a curse for the bandwidth wasted in reading it.

move on.

Blame Insomnia and Boredom. embarassed embarassed tryna kill time
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by naijaobi(m): 10:06am On Apr 26, 2013
4llerbuntu: what gets me is the fact that people are responding to this thread.

why?

move on.
muumu of the highest order... Ur above post even happens to be longest in this thread...

2 Likes

Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by 4peace(m): 10:38am On Apr 26, 2013
ciphoenix: i'm not talking web browser category. every OS has web browsers, even Symbian S40. i'm talking productivity and academic apps.

games
hardware

even when it comes to multitasking, top droids make symbian phones feel like they can't multitask grin

are you sure you understand what multitasking is? cos if understand it you wont mention it in your argument,

i think your problem was that you dont read and digest other comments very well b4 reply.

I used web category as an example

can you name applications in productivity and academic(may be u mean education) category that even webOS dont have

So other OS dont have Games and hardware

This is 2013 not 2003

e.g

what about data usage
i remebered my LCG xplorer on symbian is less than 1MB but android hmmmm more than the size of my fifa 2010 on same device
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by apparition: 12:52pm On Apr 26, 2013
It is obvious that quite a few people who use phones use them because it is fashionable to do so. If any one of these guys have done a close like for like comparison between for example the windows 8 phones, say the lumia 920 and any of the jelly bean androids,they will observe that the difference between them boils down to how one defines user friendly.
I have used the androids from the gingerbread through the ice cream to jellybean, quite frankly i find the windows 8 more of what i want. Simply put if you are more of a games person then the android is for you. If you are more of the business oriented type the windows 8 is what you want. They all have their various strengths and weaknesses.
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by FKO1(m): 11:43pm On Apr 26, 2013
apparition: It is obvious that quite a few people who use phones use them because it is fashionable to do so. If any one of these guys have done a close like for like comparison between for example the windows 8 phones, say the lumia 920 and any of the jelly bean androids,they will observe that the difference between them boils down to how one defines user friendly.
I have used the androids from the gingerbread through the ice cream to jellybean, quite frankly i find the windows 8 more of what i want. Simply put if you are more of a games person then the android is for you. If you are more of the business oriented type the windows 8 is what you want. They all have their various strengths and weaknesses.
GBAM
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by ciphoenix: 9:50am On Apr 27, 2013
4peace:

are you sure you understand what multitasking is? cos if understand it you wont mention it in your argument,

i think your problem was that you dont read and digest other comments very well b4 reply.
my definition of true multitasking is not jumping from app to app. it is using 2 apps simultaneously. ever heard of split screen?

I used web category as an example

can you name applications in productivity and academic(may be u mean education) category that even webOS dont have
i could cite epocrates as an example. they're a host of other 3D medical atlas in the playstore as well

So other OS dont have Games and hardware
perhaps it's you who doesn't read before replying. i said they're no mates. NOT they don't have hardware and games.

This is 2013 not 2003

e.g

what about data usage
i remebered my LCG xplorer on symbian is less than 1MB but android hmmmm more than the size of my fifa 2010 on same device
and your point is ......
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by Defaramade(m): 10:12am On Apr 27, 2013
Damon03: Everything u see today came from thinking even God creating heaven and earth, so oga biko let me think... Whether grandpa or grandchild that's none of my bizness
Yea whatever...u can think what u lyk, its none o'' ma biz
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by Damon03(m): 4:43pm On Apr 27, 2013
yawns*

Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by ibietela2(m): 8:04pm On Apr 27, 2013
ciphoenix:

Seun will need to locate that person IP grin grin grin . straight to Psych ward

Buahahahahaha
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by mindtricks: 3:06pm On May 06, 2013
Damon03: The problem comes when u compare a 2009 or 2010 phone with a 2012 phone, it's plain stu pidity. Even a dummy knows that 2 years is a lot of time in mobile tech.

What can an s3 do that an 808 can't (which is an os functionality) is a better comparison!!!
Me think android is overrated. undecided undecided undecided
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by 2kurupt(m): 7:38pm On May 06, 2013
This OP is still here making silly comparisons SMH.
Have you ever heard of:
-Wi-Fi hotspot
-Wi-Fi/usb tethering
-split screen,
-3d Hd super amoled screens etc?
These are features you can't find even in the most expensive Symbian device.
It's not android users' fault that Nokia decided to discontinue obsolete Symbian OS and supporting devices.
Better upgrade of you are not a learner.
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by Damon03(m): 7:42pm On May 06, 2013
2kurupt: This OP is still here making silly comparisons SMH.
Have you ever heard of:
-Wi-Fi hotspot
-Wi-Fi/usb tethering
-split screen,
-3d Hd super amoled screens etc?
These are features you can't find even in the most expensive Symbian device.
It's not android users' fault that Nokia decided to discontinue obsolete Symbian OS and supporting devices.
Better upgrade of you are not a learner.
Calm down, if u can use nairaland then u can use google. Search for the latest belle phones and check their specs, smartphone users are supposed to be smart buddy undecided
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by 2kurupt(m): 8:27pm On May 06, 2013
Damon03: Calm down, if u can use nairaland then u can use google. Search for the latest belle phones and check their specs, smartphone users are supposed to be smart buddy undecided

The so called 'latest Belle' devices are over a year old. Where is the wisdom in comparing a product still in production (android) and that which has been discontinued(Symbian)?

Since you know how to use Google, why not check the opinion of peeps in developed economies about Symbian
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by 2kurupt(m): 8:33pm On May 06, 2013
Damon03: Calm down, if u can use nairaland then u can use google. Search for the latest belle phones and check their specs, smartphone users are supposed to be smart buddy undecided

The so called 'latest Belle' devices are almost a year old. Where is the wisdom in comparing a product still in production (android) and that which has been discontinued(Symbian)? If Symbian is so good then why did Nokia discontinue it? Most of you guys forget that majority of android users were once die-hard Symbian users.

Since you know how to use Google, why not check out the opinion of peeps in developed economies about Symbian
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by Damon03(m): 8:43pm On May 06, 2013
2kurupt:

The so called 'latest Belle' devices are almost a year old. Where is the wisdom in comparing a product still in production (android) and that which has been discontinued(Symbian)? If Symbian is so good then why did Nokia discontinue it? Most of you guys forget that majority of android users were once die-hard Symbian users.

If they are so old then why do they av the same capability with ur so called androids? Symbian being discontinued is not what the topic is about... and you dont need to be die-hard anything, use whatever floats ur boat and u dont need to condemn another device to do that, do u?

why not check out the opinion of peeps in developed economies about Symbian

Opinion is personal, facts are sacred!! Give me facts wink
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by emmathebigg(m): 5:40am On May 07, 2013
hmm as for me i think android is the best and have cum to stay and u cant compare 2010 to 2012 evan a mad person is aware of the big space.
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by 2kurupt(m): 4:07pm On May 07, 2013
Damon03:

If they are so old then why do they av the same capability with ur so called androids? Symbian being discontinued is not what the topic is about... and you dont need to be die-hard anything, use whatever floats ur boat and u dont need

to condemn another device to do that, do u?

Opinion is personal, facts are sacred!! Give me facts wink

Can't see where I condemned symbian unless calling it discontinued sounds like condemnation to you. Learn to read between the lines.
You want facts? Show me a symbian device that can boost of all the features I posted above.

SYMBIAN IS DEAD whether you like it or not
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 07, 2013
Damon03: We are talking about phones and some people are actually mentioning E72 , N97
In 2013

this one got me on the floor grin grin
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by paisleyo: 4:25pm On May 07, 2013
First of all don't compare retarded Symbian phonez to android cause thing that android do symbian won't in the next hundred year even if it got upgraded 2 wat ever u call it belle don't care........Tell me a symbian phone that has a Quad Core 2GB Ram or a HD Screen or a symbian phone that cud unlock it self by staring at the front camera....or that cud multitask between 50 apps at same time.....Symbian is Dead even Nokia ditched them.

1 Like

Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by starlightRR(m): 7:11pm On May 07, 2013
atimes change is necessary.... I was once a die hard fan of Nokia phones... I was abit reluctant to buy an android phone but ever since I did there was never any regret.....when u talk abt customization talk android

their apps are very different from other OS apps....take for example whatsapp on android is far nicer than whatsapp on other OS.....with Facebook app n someones phone number you can locate that person on Facebook

I will advice those noise makers of Nokia phone to try out an android phone n WOW urself
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by Damon03(m): 9:03pm On May 07, 2013
paisleyo: First of all don't compare retarded Symbian phonez to android cause thing that android do symbian won't in the next hundred year even if it got upgraded 2 wat ever u call it belle don't care........Tell me a symbian phone that has a Quad Core 2GB Ram or a HD Screen or a symbian phone that cud unlock it self by staring at the front camera....or that cud multitask between 50 apps at same time.....Symbian is Dead even Nokia ditched them.
Cant really argue with someone who doesnt know the difference between a processor and a damn RAM. No offense
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by Damon03(m): 9:07pm On May 07, 2013
starlight®®:
atimes change is necessary.... I was once a die hard fan of Nokia phones... I was abit reluctant to buy an android phone but ever since I did there was never any regret.....when u talk abt customization talk android

their apps are very different from other OS apps....take for example whatsapp on android is far nicer than whatsapp on other OS.....with Facebook app n someones phone number you can locate that person on Facebook

I will advice those noise makers of Nokia phone to try out an android phone n WOW urself
Calling someone noise maker cos they disagree with u is not very mature sir(No offense). I bet its not a mistake that u dint mention that nokia phone u were using
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by Damon03(m): 9:13pm On May 07, 2013
2kurupt:

Can't see where I condemned symbian unless calling it discontinued sounds like condemnation to you. Learn to read between the lines.
You want facts? Show me a symbian device that can boost of all the features I posted above.

SYMBIAN IS DEAD whether you like it or not
U mean u still dont know that wi-fi tethering is on symbian phones Should I even be answering u? Or u mean dividing a less than 5 inches screen to watch movie on one side and play games on another side(thats if they're ever able to make it work for all apps) is a great technology I dont want to say what it is lest I sound insultive grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by paisleyo: 10:15pm On May 07, 2013
Damon03: Cant really argue with someone who doesnt know the difference between a processor and a damn RAM. No offense
First Don't try n argue about Tech wit me plz tell me any Symbian phone that got a Quad Core processor or 2GB of Ram
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by Damon03(m): 10:45pm On May 07, 2013
paisleyo:
First Don't try n argue about Tech wit me plz tell me any Symbian phone that got a Quad Core processor or 2GB of Ram

Ok this is me giving u the benefit of a doubt. Read these when u av time

http://digixav.com/2012/02/14/why-phones-dont-need-quad-core-processors/

http://m.cnet.com/news/7-myths-about-quad-core-phones-smartphones-unlocked/57410518
A quote from cnet's article

In the real world, said Microsoft's
Sullivan, performance rests on how
efficiently the operating system can
manage tasks, period.
BTW, how's ur phone's battery life...(don't bother to answer cos I probably won't be replying u anymore)

If u still think we need 10 cores, be my guest undecided grin cheesy
Re: What's An Android Phone Capable Of That A Nokia Symbian Phone Is Not by naijaobi(m): 10:54pm On May 07, 2013
Damon03:
Ok this is me giving u the benefit of a doubt. Read these when u av time

http://digixav.com/2012/02/14/why-phones-dont-need-quad-core-processors/

http://m.cnet.com/news/7-myths-about-quad-core-phones-smartphones-unlocked/57410518
A quote from cnet's article
BTW, how's ur phone's battery life...(don't bother to answer cos I probably won't be replying u anymore)

If u still think we need 10 cores, be my guest undecided grin cheesy
bro, no mind dem... Android my foot.. The simple truth is dat there's nothing an android phone can do that my Nokia E7 can't do....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Among Top 5 Fastest Growing Mobile Markets In The World / Celtel Connection / Best App For Hiding p0rn On Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.