Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Segun Odegbami Presents New Book Titled: Me, Football and More - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Segun Odegbami Presents New Book Titled: Me, Football and More (704 Views)

Segun Odegbami's Daughter Weds In London / Segun Odegbami For FIFA President Promo Photos / Segun Odegbami Runs For FIFA Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Segun Odegbami Presents New Book Titled: Me, Football and More by MAYOWAAK: 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
FORMER national football team Captain, Segun Odegbami will on May 2 present to the world his latest work entitled: Me, Football and More, a book, which details his odyssey through sports and the arts.

Billed to hold at the Anchor Events Centre, Agidingbi, Lagos, the writer, Odegbami revealed on Tuesday that the book is a compilation of his articles in major Nigerian newspapers for over 33 years, adding that it treats issues from sports to his experiences traversing life as an athlete and also as a manager.

Speaking on the book, he said, “you are all witnesses to my journey through sports, sports administration and the media- my days in Sports Souvenir and Complete Sports, as a television host, producer and presenter, as a historian, documenting events and building a library of information, data and pictures for posterity, as a manufacturer producing balls, kits and even clothes, as a radio analyst…

“When I started to write in a newspaper, even as a football player in January 1979, little did I know what I was getting into, but from 1979 till the present, except for a break between 1980 and 1982, I have been writing and maintaining columns on almost weekly basis in several publications.

“About a year ago, the idea to put together a compendium of some of these articles was mooted by a few persons that have been following this part of my life. Thus, we planted the seed of a book which I shall soon put to bed.”

According to Odegbami, apart from the conventional hard copy, there is also an e-version of it, as well as, an audio version of a section of the book.

The 350-page book is divided into three sections, including “ME, a collection of articles that look at aspects of my life that may not be directly related to sports, FOOTBALL, a collection of my experiences and opinion on various aspects of my time (and out of it) in football; and MORE, about other aspects of my experiences through my decades in sports,” he said.

From the historical perspective, he added, “it will help to throw light into the what happened even in some local games such as a game between Water Corporation and IICC, the preparation for the 1980 Nations Cup.

“It will help the new generation of players to avoid the pitfalls that hampered some of us, and build on those things that made us successful.”

http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=12652
Re: Segun Odegbami Presents New Book Titled: Me, Football and More by MAYOWAAK: 7:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
The cover page.

(1) (Reply)

Bash Ali Assaulted By Minister’s Security Agents {VIDEO} / Blessing Okagbare Came First In 100m Semifinal / Keshi Blasts Malawi Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.