Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Mtn Family And Friends Glitch - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Family And Friends Glitch (4051 Views)

Mtn Family And Friends Campaign / MTN Family And Friend / Is MTN Family And Friends Prepaid Plan Still Effective In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Family And Friends Glitch by ennydoc: 11:59am On Apr 23, 2013
MTN is the largest network in Nigeria. #Fact! With the largest subscriber base, her strength only keeps teeming. Starting from the comfortable caller tune to the confidence that the call will be made. In fact, their yellow umbrella gives one hope far away from home.

Apart from being the first to cover Nigeria point-to-point, they provide excellent tariff. Check it out here http://www.mtnonline.com/products-services/mtn-packages/family-and-friends/tariff-plan. With this unbeatable tariff, you would feel that MTN, like a mother hen, actually cares for you. So you can easily imagine my feeling of disappointment and betrayal when plenty money was zapped from my account after calling a number on my ‘family and friends’ list. Someone that cares for you would inform you beforehand. Maybe I had become too comfortable with MTN...I thought we had an understanding!

The tariff plan for ‘family and friends’ has been violated by the network for the past 37 hours. Call rates that went for 10k a second (N6:00 a minute) now go for 25k a second (N15:00 a minute). Now long distance is a nightmare! Did I hear you sing ‘This long distance is killing me...?’

It’s not only that, the network counts extra seconds and bills you for the extra seconds after you must have stopped the call. As if we don’t have enough problems in Nigeria already.

Ok let’s work out something here; maybe it’s a systems glitch or upward price review by management, no qualms. Whatever be the case, MTN has to make a statement, remembering that with great power comes great responsibility.
So, if you’re reading this because you are on ‘Google alert for MTN’ do something now, because I didn’t even mention that MTN is from South Africa.
Re: Mtn Family And Friends Glitch by Dinvestanl: 10:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
Pls report them to ncc08002255622(toll free) so they can stop this nonsense
Re: Mtn Family And Friends Glitch by WebDoc(m): 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2013
This has been my exact sentiment! For a couple of days now, its been perplexing to see what MTN has been billing on calls to my FAF contacts.
I wish someone could come forward and:
1. Explain this fiasco
2. Apologise appropriately and
3. Compensate adequately for all overbilling on record.
That is my verdict!

1 Like

Re: Mtn Family And Friends Glitch by sniperwolf(m): 10:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
I noticed this charges today, I've not recharged my MTN phone for weeks, but I did so today because my smartphone that house my Airtel SIM was switched off.
I tried calling my sister and I was charged N15/min. I thought maybe I have been automatically reassigned to another package, I check my balance to see which package I was on and it was Family & Friends, I dialed *560# to see if my sister's number is still on my Family and Friends list, but it was still there.
I made other calls to people on the list and was still charged N15/min.
For me, this is the end of MTN, I only make calls on MTN for contact on Family and Friends.
Wetin go make me dey make call to same network for N15/min when I can make calls to all networks at N10.2/min?
Re: Mtn Family And Friends Glitch by segunobe(m): 10:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
This a call to all phone users to boycott the use of MTN lines at least for the next few days or if have to use it,don't recharge your sim. Your airtime will be deducted without justification. Its happened to me twice today. The first timee,I called the customer service and the operative apoligised and said it will be refunded.that the deduction was due to maintanance. But when I asked when I will be refunded, he said "after the maintanance,pls just call us." When asked how long the maintanance will take so I'll know when to call back, he said "I really can't say". Only for me "load" my phone again and the same thing happened immediately after. I'm not trying to "pour sand in anybody's garri" but just so you all won't fall mugu. Cos if you no get airtime,you no fit mistakenly call,MTN doesn't have any freebies to offer subscribers and still turn around to "rob" us. Abeg this is too much.pls folks,avoid them like a plague if you can till after the "maintanance" wey no get end.
Re: Mtn Family And Friends Glitch by bakersss: 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2013
i have experienced the same thing here oo my brodas...i think its high time they get sent packing out of our country..barawo Banza group of thiefs...i tire for our leaders oo..this is where they suppose to act and fight for us but they wouldn't cos they've been bribed...this is very outrageous..
Re: Mtn Family And Friends Glitch by hadjibash(m): 11:41pm On Apr 25, 2013
mtn is really frustrating lately... i've been trying to migrate to FAF for some weeks now. bt its not going through...called customer service several times....stil same stories...dat sumtin wil be done to it...even if dey wanna charge me d 100naira... sincerely am tired on dis pulse tarrif..
Re: Mtn Family And Friends Glitch by femi4: 7:06am On Apr 26, 2013
i love my MTN
Re: Mtn Family And Friends Glitch by tonexijey: 7:55pm On Jul 16, 2013
Na only God go punish MTN Management in charge of tariff of their insincerity and hidden charges and condition
Re: Mtn Family And Friends Glitch by ultrazone(m): 10:43pm On Feb 22, 2015
MTN Family And Friends migration code is now useless cos d package has been cancelled. I miss this plan.

(1) (Reply)

Please Can Somebody Help Me Unlock My Zte Mf110 Modem / Tecno P9! / How To Root The Tecno Camon C7 - Easy And Quick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.