Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Girls Might Love Beyonce But Do You? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Girls Might Love Beyonce But Do You? (643 Views)

I Love Beyonce! I Hate Sasha- Fierce / Who Is Better: Beyonce Or Shakira / Beyonce vs Shakira: Who Can Dance Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Girls Might Love Beyonce But Do You? by whizkidd: 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
Culled from digivarsity.

Girls Might Love Beyonce but Do You?

Drake has once again managed to send the self-appointed guardians of HipHopdom into a frenzy. This time with his latest ballad, Girls Like Beyonce. featuring Jamea Fauntleroy. Girls Like Beyonce? Really? Firstly, why on earth would anyone care if girls like Beyonce? Secondly, this is Hip-hop The genre that produced classic tracks like The Ten Crack Commandment, Hit em Up, Ante Up, you get the point.

Anyone remember 50 Cent? DMX? What happened to the alpha-male, make-you -scared but still make-you-wanna-listen rapper? How do you go from lyrics like ‘if we ain’t gonna get it wit em, we’ll take the cap down, bust it off, gust it off on the softest niggaz’ from DMX’s ‘Get at me dog’, to lyrics like ‘I’ve been avoiding commitment, that’s why I’m in this position, I’m scared to let somebody in on this. No new friends, no, no, no’. With every new Drake melody, it feels like the collective Y-chromosome of the male species is being sapped into oblivion (or bolivion like Mike Tyson would say).

There is a whole new generation of hip-hop fans who will never know the greatness of DMX, or the tough-guy version of Jay-Z. They cherish the ‘honesty’ of being ‘Emo’. The problem with all these teeny-boppers idolizing the softness that we call Drake is that while ‘Emo’ works for Drake, while ‘Emo’ has made Drake millions, and has made him famous, you are not Drake, That’s his gift. And at some point when you get in the real world, the world where you have to scratch and claw for everything, you will find that all ‘Emo’ gets you is a nice 9-5 in the corner of some forgettable office. So for those you want to conquer the world, those who grab life by the horns, dust of the old DMX, that old Jay-Z, and stop wondering why girls like Beyonce.

Team Digivarsity

@digivarsity

(1) (Reply)

New VIDEO: Jesse Jagz – Redemption / Brand New Kontrol Video From W4(3d) - Short Version. / Id Cabasa Freestyle Competition- Introducing Dami Polo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.