Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK (1895 Views)

Tiwa Savage's Filing For Divorce Was Cause Of Tbillz Suicide Attempt / Funny Photo About Teebillz Suicide Attempt / Lil Wayne In Critical Condition And In A Coma After More Seizures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by aburo7: 4:49pm On Apr 24, 2013
This is how Daily Mail in UK reported this sad news today:
An asylum seeker who is married to a British man is fighting for her life in hospital after an overdose just days before she was due to be sent back to Nigeria.
May Brown, a 19-year-old college student, fled to Britain from her home country three years ago after witnessing her father's murder and being subjected to sexual abuse.
She settled in Weymouth, Dorset, where she met her husband, Michael Brown, 12 months ago and the couple married last December.
Mrs Brown, who was a games maker at last summer's Olympics and has two university offers to study law, applied to stay in the UK but despite her marriage her application was rejected.

Mr Brown, 34, said UK Border Agency officials believe their marriage to be a 'sham' with no
'emotional attachment'.
His wife was told she would be flown back to Nigeria tomorrow.
She was so distressed at the prospect of returning to her home country she took an overdose of the medication.
May's suicidal note says: 'I am deeply sorry that I had to go this way, without even saying goodbye.
'The UK immigration has finally driven me insane. They've pushed me too far this time and I can't take the pain any more.
'I don't want a life or a future you won't be part of. I love you so much, more than life itself and can't endure the agony of not being with you.
'Please forgive me for ending it this way. It's better to die with my dignity than be subjected to torture and undignified death back in Nigeria.'
Read more http://www.toniaodili.com/2013/04/19-year-old-nigeria-bride-in-coma-after.html?m=0

Re: Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by tinuolababy(f): 5:02pm On Apr 24, 2013
Na wa for oyinbo o. She should try and get a good lawyer.
Re: Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 24, 2013
This is How the West hate Nigeria and Nigerians and some ignorant Nigerians still love the West. Tell me, Is there a possibility that Nigeria's Custom can be this wicked to any foreigner ?
Re: Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by obiajurum25: 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2013
This is really emotional. I pray she survives it.Oyibos are wicked sha.
Re: Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by angelTI(f): 5:31pm On Apr 24, 2013
all am feelin for dis girl is pity. i cant imagin her been deported to where her life was almost shattered(naija). UKBA av mercy o
btw, d hubby is cool
Re: Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by Flirtyfemi: 5:57pm On Apr 24, 2013
This is so sad. It was actually her suicidal note that touched me, see note here....http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/04/19-year-old-nigerian-married-to-british.html
Re: Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by toshacer: 6:09pm On Apr 24, 2013
You dont want a life or future he wont be part of, but you want to die. Will he be there to live with you?
Re: Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by GraceBestowed(f): 6:48pm On Apr 24, 2013
As sad as this is, I'm sure there's more to the story. I pray she survives this, because the agony she will go through otherwise is unfathomable!
Re: Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by spoilt(f): 8:31pm On Apr 24, 2013
She's 19? . . . . I digress.she doesnt have to go that route. What will it solve?
Re: Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 24, 2013
i pray she recovers o....wen will the white men learn to respect us,Africans? ??
Re: Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by gluv01(f): 9:40pm On Apr 24, 2013
Osahon7: i pray she recovers o....wen will the white men learn to respect us,Africans? ??

When we learn to respect ourselves as patriotic citizens and GEJ acts like a president he is, not listening to his party and misusing our funds.
Re: Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by niggadee(m): 10:12pm On Apr 24, 2013
ukba don't recognize Nigerian asylum seeker any more as a refugee or give you humanitarian protection..she can use judicial review application and go to the immigration high court that will benefit her because she's British family's member. I offer you peace. I offer you love stay strong
Re: Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by Chinwem(f): 10:12pm On Apr 24, 2013
Wow.......I really feel for her. It seems they re really in love
I wish her a speedy recovery and hope it works out for her
Re: Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by Scarpon(m): 11:56pm On Apr 24, 2013
fine girl just dey there dey waste
Re: Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by nenergy(m): 12:05am On Apr 25, 2013
Hope is becoming a rare virtue. May God give her a 2nd chance....Amen!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by GeneralJ(m): 3:18am On Apr 25, 2013
isn't that I.Joan
Re: Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by Lucasbalo(m): 3:19am On Apr 25, 2013
Praying for her.
Re: Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by GeneralJ(m): 3:21am On Apr 25, 2013
Well, she is kind of stupid though, if i was her, i would do runs and hustle some money, fly out of the shit hole U.K. and come to NIgeria and set up my own bizness...what do u expect to do in the U.K. anyway?? the taxes are high, costs of everything is high, and racism is just baffling.. seriously my advice to her is
GET SOME MONEY( you are Nigerian, every Nigerian know how to get money when they need it)
AND THEN TAKE THE FREE PLANE TICKET TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY AND THEN START YOUR OWN BIZNESS.

My 1kobo
Re: Nigerian Bride In Coma After Suicide Attempt Over Deportation From UK by aburo7: 8:01am On Apr 25, 2013
GeneralJ: Well, she is kind of stupid though, if i was her, i would do runs and hustle some money, fly out of the shit hole U.K. and come to NIgeria and set up my own bizness...what do u expect to do in the U.K. anyway?? the taxes are high, costs of everything is high, and racism is just baffling.. seriously my advice to her is
GET SOME MONEY( you are Nigerian, every Nigerian know how to get money when they need it)
AND THEN TAKE THE FREE PLANE TICKET TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY AND THEN START YOUR OWN BIZNESS.

My 1kobo
. I dnt think its all about money for her bt its a psyhcological thing for her staying in Nigeria where her father was killed in her presence and she been sexually abused.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Queen Jasmine Mbonu, MBSN DEMOCRACY 2012 Releases Killing Photo Shoots! / See What Kate Henshaw, Banky W Wore To The S4 Launch / Photos: Sexy Coco Austin Explains How She Keeps The Passion In Her Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.