Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! (2300 Views)

Naijaloaded .com Has Been Hacked / My Cpanel Has Been Hacked. Please Help!!!! / Help My Yahoomail Account And Fb Account Has Been Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by Mercie1: 8:31pm On Apr 24, 2013
Hey guys! I'm a real big fan of llb. I just found out that her blog has been hacked now by some archangels organisation....pls, if there's anyone who knows how this could be resolved, please drop ur contact details here. Please, please please! Thanx!

Ladun's No1 Fan.
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:47pm On Apr 24, 2013
They are idiots na.

Blog will be restored soon though.

Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by Mercie1: 10:29pm On Apr 24, 2013
Mercie...:
Hey guys! I'm a real big fan of llb. I just found out that her blog has been hacked now by some archangels organisation....pls, if there's anyone who knows how this could be resolved, please drop ur contact details here. Please, please please! Thanx!

Ladun's No1 Fan.
Blog's been restored! Maintenance in progress! Thanx y'all!

1 Like

Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by JideTheBlogger(m): 10:30pm On Apr 24, 2013
CyberNews: i got an email contact with the hackers and they DExtersTheBoss claim to have done the attack for fun...he said bloggers r weak...and even the jide****@me.com will hack ogbengeblog and delete it again....he said they will target big companies and will hack ngcyberarmy website as a challenge to the hackers

Pls, tell them to free me ooo. Na beg I dey beg oooo. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by mededot(m): 11:38pm On Apr 24, 2013
Loool, Jide beg them well ooo... alternatively go and build your high fence now o...!!!
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by Donvic4u(m): 12:03am On Apr 25, 2013
mededot: Loool, Jide beg them well ooo... alternatively go and build your high fence now o...!!!
Abi oo
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by NaTodwaPLOrd: 12:05am On Apr 25, 2013
I CALL IT TALES BY MOONLIGHT
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by EasyNaijacom: 12:20am On Apr 25, 2013
JideTheBlogger:

Pls, tell them to free me ooo. Na beg I dey beg oooo. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lol. Are you kidding me? You think anyone can hack into google's servers?
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by Oluviral(m): 12:21am On Apr 25, 2013
Good its back..
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by mededot(m): 12:22am On Apr 25, 2013
Well it was certainly an interesting day yesterday when i was contacted to help disinfect a hacked wordpress site... It was no joke! The hacker had modified core wordpress files! Some comments spam could no longer be deleted as the check boxes in front of them had been surgically removed. The bulk action button at the top was also gone! Well, almost gone, it had been partially hidden with only about 2% of its bottom showing.

Other scripts made sure that changing the password of the admin account would load a simple html page at the front end showing only a single word: error...

Also unfortunately for the website owner, there were no recent backups of databases... backing up this one would be same as copying off the botched installation! The only salvage was to export an xml file but even that was limited in the help it could provide!

Last resort, back up the whole thing and start from fresh! adding only what was clean!

For those that still think the hackathon is a joke, take heed! Wordpress users, find and install this security plugin: Better wp security. I have found it veery veery useful...
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by mededot(m): 12:24am On Apr 25, 2013
EasyNaija.com:

Lol. Are you kidding me? You think anyone can hack into google's servers?

dont get it wrong o, you control your portion of google server that you have been loaned by using blogger or whatever! Try using password as your password and see if you wont get hacked!
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by EasyNaijacom: 12:51am On Apr 25, 2013
mededot:

dont get it wrong o, you control your portion of google server that you have been loaned by using blogger or whatever! Try using password as your password and see if you wont get hacked!

Says the dude who doesn't know the true meaning of the word "Hack".

First, which slowpoke would use password as their actual password?
Secondly, stealing someone's password and formally logging into their account is not hacking, it means that person was not creative enough and someone correctly guessed their password and stole their admin account.

Hacking is writing malicious code intended to break into someone's computer, database, or file storage space using techniques like shell execution, sql injection, e.t.c. This is mostly directed at the host and on the server where the actual files and database are stored.

Even if someone stole your blogger password... wait a sec. What do we login to blogger with? Gmail account... So it's something google can solve easily.

And good luck to anyone trying to hack into a server.
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by oscar4luv(m): 3:37am On Apr 25, 2013
I'm glad it's back anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by ProEthicalHacka: 9:11am On Apr 25, 2013
Latest Hack attack second in this month: All over the media:
Can cyber hacking be the new trend? Just a week after NET Newspaper's website thenetng.com got compromised, a Lagos based entertainment blog Ladunliadi..com also fell to the hands of hackers, temporarily....Report says the site now reads ‘This website has hacked by TheArchAngels.’ First, it was The NET NG, now Ladun… "These hackers sha!!!

Interesting that hack attacks are now frequent in the media, maybe is time to sit up and implement security. As a Security Analyst and Forensics Investigator, These questions are on my mind:

How come ?
How did it happen?
Why her?

As a security analyst, the hack attack could be as a result of these issues:
1. Might be as a result of a weak password, guessable password
2. Or she access the blogger in an unsafe Network or compromised PC, once a network is compromise all your key logs and screen shot will be sent to the attacker
3. Or some links are sent to her via her gmail acount and she did visit where the login credential are asked.(Phishing)
4. Or maybe tried to follow some link to her traffic sometime bloggers get high amount of traffic from some malicious sources you endanger your blog by visiting via the blogger.

My little advice to other bloggers out there is to try to be security cautious.
Am an hacker and ethical one, but hacking dont succeed except there is a loop hole. How to your prevent these loop holes:

Have a good antivirus software, is like we are a custom to the free antivirus which wont give us protection against internet threats, there are some good ones which are: Norton , Kaspersky, Avast , McAfee. etc

Sorry to say this but accessing your email from a free wireless without a key might endanger your info cause someone may monitor what happens within the network

Also becareful of using cyber cafe, wont say you shouldnt browse from there, preferably go with your own device if there is none then while browsing use private browsing so all your history wont be logged and remember to sign out after use. If you dont, anyone can access your blogger by just typing google.com on the browser and going to your blogger and bingo already in there... this time no need to guess password cause your session is still on.

You dont have to visit the traffic source all the time, sometime they are BOTNETS... some machines send request to your blog which seems you have several visitors.

Thanks to google retreiveing a blogger is quiet easy if the password recovery details have not been changed.

1 Like

Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by Slyr0x: 10:23am On Apr 25, 2013
EasyNaija.com:

Hacking means gaining unauthorized access to Networks/Data/Confidential Information/Web Servers/Websites/Emails, etc. .

It might surprise you that there's a hacking technique called Dumpster Diving. .where you do NOT need a computer to carry out the act. .All you need is an exploration of your target's trash bin for the purpose of finding classified details. .

It's being classified under "No Tech Hacking". .Another form of No tech hacking is Social Engineering also known as Human Hacking smiley
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by souleymon(m): 10:26am On Apr 25, 2013
EasyNaija.com:

Secondly, stealing someone's password and formally logging into their account is not hacking, it means that person was not creative enough and someone correctly guessed their password and stole their admin account.

Hacking is writing malicious code intended to break into someone's computer, database, or file storage space using techniques like shell execution, sql injection, e.t.c. This is mostly directed at the host and on the server where the actual files and database are stored.

Even if someone stole your blogger password... wait a sec. What do we login to blogger with? Gmail account... So it's something google can solve easily.

And that was how i was able to solve mine back then
After filling many Questionaires
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by mededot(m): 10:40am On Apr 25, 2013
EasyNaija.com:

Hahaha, truly you know the meaning of hacking... Have you considered that there is no such thing as 100% security on the Internet? Or you didn't read about the right royal hacking of poor Mr Mat Honan? Well, here's the link. You will discover quickly that hacking is not just writing malicious code! Discover how one seemingly unimportant info somewhere else could jeopardize many things. Enjoy

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/08/apple-amazon-mat-honan-hacking/all/
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by mededot(m): 11:01am On Apr 25, 2013
ProEthicalHacka:

Interesting that hack attacks are now frequent in the media, maybe is time to sit up and implement security. As a Security Analyst and Forensics Investigator, These questions are on my mind:

How come ?
How did it happen?
Why her?

As a security analyst, the hack attack could be as a result of these issues:
1. Might be as a result of a weak password, guessable password
2. Or she access the blogger in an unsafe Network or compromised PC, once a network is compromise all your key logs and screen shot will be sent to the attacker
3. Or some links are sent to her via her gmail acount and she did visit where the login credential are asked.(Phishing)
4. Or maybe tried to follow some link to her traffic sometime bloggers get high amount of traffic from some malicious sources you endanger your blog by visiting via the blogger.

Hello ProEthicalHacka... and thanks for further enlightening us! would you be available for checking and testing security measures for websites professionally?
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:07am On Apr 25, 2013
The hackers used phishing mail to harvest her details which they used in hijacking her blog. See screenshots below:

Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by EasyNaijacom: 11:43am On Apr 25, 2013
Slyr0x:

Greetings Slyr0x

mededot:

@mededot. I'm trying to point out that it's pointless trying to steal someones Blogger password when you know they are going to get it back.

Like Souleymon kindly told us above, he only had to fill in some questionnaires and he got his blog back... so did Ladun Liadi.

This is totally different from the recent Wordpress attacks where the hackers directly modified the codes, defaced the websites, re-directed the domains and asked for ransom grin laughing in gangnam style grin
TheNetNg.com is still down isn't it?

Stealing someones blogger password is a waste of time, for so long as Google remains the Oga at the top, you'll definitely get your blog back.

Like 9ice said: "What is the need?"
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by mededot(m): 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2013
EasyNaija.com:

Greetings Slyr0x

@mededot. I'm trying to point out that it's pointless trying to steal someones Blogger password when you know they are going to get it back.

My password example was only one of the ways in which a hack could happen. Now suppose a hacker gets in just like the they did, and they have enough information to actually successfully change your password! Doesn't that change the game?
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by mededot(m): 1:00pm On Apr 25, 2013
For instance in the story of Mat Honan who had daisy chained many of his accounts like we all do: same address at gmail and at yahoo and probably same password. it only required an access into mail gmail account. He had set up his .me account as a recovery email and using another method, the hackers got access to his iCloud account and wiped his iphone and mac... they reset his passwords and was effectively locked out of his own accounts... Thankfully it was only a prank aimed at hijacking his twitter handle which succeeded anyway... My point is that theres no 100% security and if they somehow get in it may not just be a matter of filling a questionnaire!

Thankfully also, theres pronbably no real reason why hackers will be bent on ruining our blogs so we should be thankful... I only feel sorry for Mat Honan who lost 8 years worth of gmail correspondence, his whole mac documents and his whole iphone contents... It can happen!
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:38pm On Apr 25, 2013
That's why Google warns GMail users not to use their password on other websites.

If you use different passwords on different websites especially the recovery emails and you are careful not to fall for phishing mails, then you are bit safe
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by EasyNaijacom: 5:01pm On Apr 25, 2013
I see your point @mededot. There's no 100% security, but that's one advantage blogger has over wordpress: Blogger's security is undoubtedly shi.tting on that of wordpress and others.

Everyone just needs to be extra careful...... AND double check the page address before you log into your gmail account or whatever account you that is important to you. Especially you Jide, because that your blog be like say enough juice full inside. grin
Re: Ladun Liadi's Blog's Been Hacked!!!!!!!! by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:21pm On Apr 25, 2013
EasyNaija.com:
.. Especially you Jide, because that your blog be like say enough juice full inside. grin

Lol...abeg, leave the juice alone oo

(1) (Reply)

Please I Can't Download Novel On Ma Blackberry Need Some Help / Lets Rate The Design Of Each Other's Website / I buy any Nigerian Verified Non Hosted Adsense Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.