Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! (1513 Views)

Poll: Do you think Setanta is quality for money???

They are crap: 83% (10 votes)
They are ok: 8% (1 vote)
They are very good: 8% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

English National Teams Are Crap / Champions League Draws: Crap! / English National Team Is A Bunch Of Crap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! by whitelexi(m): 8:29pm On Apr 11, 2008
My fellow NLanders in London and all around the UK, this has got to be the crappiest decision I have made in 3yrs!
I got so carried away by the desire to watch a crucial game on super sunday that I didnt bother to investigate this company before entering their service. They said it was not a contract, you simply join and whenever you want to leave, you cancel your direct debit. I have come to discover that all that is a huge lie, when you join, they charge you (£34.99) more than you would pay for Tv, broadband, and phone services (put together) with any other provider like sky or virgin! and when you cancel your direct debit, they call you to inform you that you now have to give them a 30 days notice period, during which you must still pay another month's extra fees of £9.99!

I can't believe I was so careless that one game has cost me approximately £50! when i didnt buy the ticket to watch it at the stadium!
I'm sure many have fallen victims because this must be the scam of the year! but i want to ensure that you at least know what you're getting into before you leap, they will never tell you in the beginning, but when you find out whats happening, they are so bloody rude that you almost flip your lid! I feel cheated, i feel insulted, and all because i decided to spend my own hard earned money!

Beware oh!
Re: Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! by Jackal1(m): 8:39pm On Apr 11, 2008
@ Whitelexi,

Are u sure of this?
Setanta Sports have no contracts. . . . . U call 'em up and subscribe and u pay every month £9.99 per month.
You will get disconnected if u don't pay for subsequent months so how did u get skanked?
Besides, why did u leave ur bank details to do Direct Debit?
Everyone i know paid by debit/credit card so u have yourself to blame allowing those Irish goons to dip hands in ur bank.
DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! by Genuine(m): 8:48pm On Apr 11, 2008
HEHEHE grin

I thought it was only me grin
Setanta sports are the biggest fraudsters in 2008. @Jackal, i dont know how your friends are getting along but those people dealt me a serious blow earlier this year and i just decided to stick with my Sky sports. At least Sky Sports staff are not rude! Talk of rudeness, those Irish fools have no regard for anyone, they just insult you and think they can get away with it grin

I wanted to go to OFCOM but i knew it would be difficult to carry the financial burden. I wont advice anyone to go there sha grin
Re: Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! by whitelexi(m): 8:53pm On Apr 11, 2008
Jackal.:

@ Whitelexi,

Are u sure of this?
Setanta Sports have no contracts. . . . . You call 'em up and subscribe and u pay every month £9.99 per month.
You will get disconnected if u don't pay for subsequent months so how did u get skanked?
Besides, why did u leave your bank details to do Direct Debit?
Everyone i know paid by debit/credit card so u have yourself to blame allowing those Irish goons to dip hands in your bank.
DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must have got my info from where u got your's but believe me, i dont know if this is the new style or something but they require direct debit payments, and hey, they have a contract now! They've baptized it "Monthly Rolling Contract" grin
Basically, u cannot pay for just one month anymore, it now has to start from 2 months because you have to give a 30 day notice period for all cancellations grin grin
I've cancelled my direct debit oh but they are threatening to continue charging, and you know how the story goes, one day bailiff will come to your house to say you now owe £25k from 18months ago grin grin grin
Re: Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! by Jackal1(m): 8:58pm On Apr 11, 2008
@ Whitelexi,

I joined Setanta Sports in August when i realised PREM PLUS has been scrapped. . . . .
The funniest thang was i saw their ad on Nairaland, clicked on it and called em up.
They asked for ma SKY viewing card number and i was asked to pay for 1 month. . . . I actually wanted to pay for the season.
Since then, i always have to call up every month to pay £9.99 every month and it's been fine since then. . . .

They get to show loads of French/German/Scottish games so i cannot understand how u got short-changed.
The only problem they have is getting through on a matchday. . . . U would wait n wait n wait for an idiot to attend to y'all worries.
I am not aware they are now doing monthly rolling contracts . . .I guess it's the price u had to pay for joining late.
Setanta has been okay for me. . . . . U can report em to watchdog if u feel u have been skanked.
Re: Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! by skylower(m): 9:01pm On Apr 11, 2008
Jackal.:

@ Whitelexi,

I joined Setanta Sports in August when i realised PREM PLUS has been scrapped. . . . .
The funniest thang was i saw their ad on Nairaland, clicked on it and called em up.
They asked for ma SKY viewing card number and i was asked to pay for 1 month. . . . I actually wanted to pay for the season.
Since then, i always have to call up every month to pay £9.99 every month and it's been fine since then. . . .

They get to show loads of French/German/Scottish games so i cannot understand how u got short-changed.
The only problem they have is getting through on a matchday. . . . You would wait n wait n wait for an idiot to attend to y'all worries.
I am not aware they are now doing monthly rolling contracts . . .I guess it's the price u had to pay for joining late.
Setanta has been okay for me. . . . . You can report em to watchdog if u feel u have been skanked.

Setanta sports angry Crap angry Setanta angry Crap angry Setanta angry Crap angry Setanta angry Cheats
Re: Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! by terryboob(m): 9:17pm On Apr 11, 2008
thank god, i didnt join in the first place i knew it they were crap
Re: Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! by rikkyjen(m): 10:12pm On Apr 11, 2008
Damnnnn grin grin grin grin

Is this not the same Setanta i watch live and Free in our good ol' Yankie. ? grin grin

Setanta is one of the easiest channel available on 'em bootleg sites!. You dont even have to do any sopcast or virus downloads, Just get to a website and click on the damn link 24/7

Damnnn, UK peeps are hearing wennnnnn from 'em Bills! tongue tongue

Hahaha, America, home of the free and brave! grin grin grin
Re: Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! by Jackal1(m): 10:30pm On Apr 11, 2008
@ Rikkyjen,

Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaze.

America, home of the free and brave ma foot!!!
Is that the reason why u watch your matches DELAYED?? grin grin grin grin cheesy
Dont mind these lotz. . . . . Setanta sports is great. . . .I have their TV and Online subscription in case i am @ work and i need to see games.
They provide a glitch-free live streaming on TV and its HD quality. . . What else can one ask for? grin grin cheesy
Re: Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! by rikkyjen(m): 12:53am On Apr 12, 2008
Jackal.:

@ Rikkyjen,

Puhleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaze.

America, home of the free and brave ma foot!!!
Is that the reason why u watch your matches DELAYED?? grin grin grin grin cheesy
Dont mind these lotz. . . . . Setanta sports is great. . . .I have their TV and Online subscription in case i am @ work and i need to see games.
They provide a glitch-free live streaming on TV and its HD quality. . . What else can one ask for? grin grin cheesy

Sssshhh Son, Yo, it aint our fault. Its d damn broadband!!! tongue tongue

BTW, its just 5 mins delayed max! It aint like we watch 'em games with a Big "R" Recorded on our screen  grin grin grin

Imma take a 5-30 mins delayed view rather than forking and coughing out free cheddarz to Setanta! I do FOXsoccerchannel (FSC) rather than effing Setanta

Fucking Rupert Murdoch swallowing your Cheeses in Pounds (Sky sports) and my already devalued and recession struck Dollars (FSC) angry angry

@ Whitelexi

Yo, i could hook a brother up with the site, but prepare to paypal my ass because i don't do freebies. This aint the UK where Y'all queue for dole and freebies.

If u prepare moi cash (I don't do Dollars no more, heck even 'em NewYork Escots and Ashys get paid in Euros now)), you are a click away from watching setanta for the rest of your life! grin grin grin
Re: Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! by Jackal1(m): 1:04am On Apr 12, 2008
@ Rikkyjen,

So now u know the value of the dollar is as worthless as the Naira? grin grin
That is priceless coming from a Yank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I swear on me life. . . . Setanta is great. . . . .Their analysis is worthless as Steve McManaman spews fuckery all the time.
Watching ur bootleg sites can get us into trouble. . . . . we dont do freebies in the UK!!!!
Met. Police would come calling sooner than later. grin grin grin
Re: Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! by whitelexi(m): 1:19pm On Apr 12, 2008
Jackal.:

@ Rikkyjen,

So now u know the value of the dollar is as worthless as the Naira? grin grin
That is priceless coming from a Yank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I swear on me life. . . . Setanta is great. . . . .Their analysis is worthless as Steve McManaman spews fuckery all the time.
Watching your bootleg sites can get us into trouble. . . . . we don't do freebies in the UK!!!!
Met. Police would come calling sooner than later. grin grin grin

Here we go again, jackal, i'm telling you that those weak ass fools think we have no brains in our heads. They told me i could cancel anytime and thats why my 1st payment to them included a one off payment (£24.99) to cover all admin expenses when i do cancel, add the months fee of £9.99 and you have the price of a ticket to see the games live!

To make issues worse, i cancel even long before my 1st month is over because i don't use the crap service anyway (I only ever used it for the game i initially wanted anyway). So i subscribe for one month because of 1 game, then i cancel like 2weeks into the month, only for them to want another £9.99 to cover for a period of 30 days they NOW require for them to cancel my service properly

I think the credit crunch is begining to bite them and they now want people like me to fund their business angry
What do i need their crap tv service for when i've got Sky, why would i opt for their crap analysis when i have Andy Gray
I'm not really surprised jackal likes them, i just want u to know it could be u tomorrow C'est Finni cool
Re: Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! by skylower(m): 1:26pm On Apr 12, 2008
I think the vote says it all.

ENOUGH OF THIS FIGHTING

SETANTA ARE CRAP>>> FINISH
Re: Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! by shhhdan(f): 7:17pm On Apr 14, 2008
Funny this has come up here, my brother has been on my neck to get this service. At least i have another reason to hold my plans down.

Always nice to seek a 2nd opinion grin
Re: Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! by Novacaine(m): 7:41pm On Apr 16, 2008
Thats where i watch all my Prem Footie so i would object to that and its free by the way
Re: Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! by conda00410(m): 2:01pm On Apr 22, 2008
slavery,
Re: Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! by 4Play(m): 2:39pm On Apr 22, 2008
@whitelexi

Are you saying they will charge me extra if I cancel with them,I intend to do so at the end of the season. I have a Direct Debit with them. . , can't remember whether they charged me any money upon signing up with them.
Re: Setanta Sports Are Such Crap! by mystikal(m): 8:59am On Oct 03, 2009
. . . . . and they went out

(1) (Reply)

John Terry's Wife Agrees To Give Cheating England And Chelsea Captain 'one Last / Chelsea Jose Mourinho Given Another Chance By Chelsea Board After Meeting. / Liverpool(1) Vs Everton(1) On Monday 19th January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.