Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Help with Mtn Bis On Android - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help with Mtn Bis On Android (30644 Views)

Glo BIS On Android: Has Anyone Noticed This change? / BBM On Android And Related Issues / Android Users Strictly-How to use Mtn's Unlimited Bis on your Droid...!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by Sanitty(m): 10:58am On Jun 11, 2013
soxpti: Subscribed for mtn bis on my android this morning but couldn't browse with it. Has it stopped working on android phones?
it stopped working on mine too
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by b0y(m): 11:00am On Jun 11, 2013
soxpti: Subscribed for mtn bis on my android this morning but couldn't browse with it. Has it stopped working on android phones?

I'm curious too, did mine last 9t. I surfed all thru d 9t but this mornin, i haven't been able to. I'm hoping its just a network glitch sha
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by soxpti: 11:03am On Jun 11, 2013
I really hope so too
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by b0y(m): 11:31am On Jun 11, 2013
soxpti: I really hope so too

I think the tweak has INDEED been blocked by MTN as the same sim that wouldn't connect on my android is working flawlessly on Blackberry. It was fun while it lasted sha. I'll just use up my remaining data allocation on my blackberry. Porting to Airtel right up. #Unlimited

2 Likes

Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by Anayordike(m): 3:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
I can tell you for certainty that Airtel and Mtn bb'subscriptions are working perfectly with Android phones. Although it may work faster in some locations than others. My problem is that they are capped with 1gb for airtel. am not sure if mtn is 3gb or less. But both is capped and once you exhuasted your data, you will have to wait for the next month before you will be allowd to make another subscription.
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by basisop(m): 8:35pm On Jun 11, 2013
The service is epileptic. Never reliable.
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by roaringlamb01(m): 9:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
I got to Mtn sim cards... n I m using the blackberry.net thing well on it... I have learnt how to manage the exhaustion of the Mtn cap. If not for the stupid extra one week they r adding to the monthly bis. It still works great on android.
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by Emacool(m): 8:12am On Jun 13, 2013
i don't know what is go on with my data on bbc month, last month I made a data plan for bbc month since yesteday I have try to browes but to my notice I am been change for my account balance so I try to book for a new month bbc plan but a message was sent to me that I can't book for a new one on tel the 19th of june. Pls what can I do to this now
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by abtreal: 3:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
mtn bis is working fine on my p3 android phone, but is only 3g network that is good,so if u are not in 3g network area don't try it.
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by Yahoo1(m): 7:41pm On Jul 11, 2013
abeg..how do one suscribe to d BIS stuff?
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by Mannylex(m): 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2013
My bbc on Android via mtn is working fine. And the speed is very impressive too.
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by fabulous01(m): 9:27pm On Jul 17, 2013
What up? My bbc stopped working on my android. Any problem?
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by Youngk(m): 9:40am On Jul 18, 2013
same with mine,pls any solution to it or any other alternative
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by idb123: 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2013
Pls oo....my bis has stop working on my android phone....pls help oooo
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by idb123: 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2013
I beg oooo......our great engineers.....we need ur help ooo....
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by heryor2(m): 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2013
Pls anybody with help, i have not been able to browse with mtn bbc on my android phone since 2days ago. undecided
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by Ayire(m): 4:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
b0y:

I think the tweak has INDEED been blocked by MTN as the same sim that wouldn't connect on my android is working flawlessly on Blackberry. It was fun while it lasted sha. I'll just use up my remaining data allocation on my blackberry. Porting to Airtel right up. #Unlimited
Pls giv me the detail hw to subscribe and all tnks

1 Like

Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by Ladokun12(m): 5:26am On Jul 19, 2013
ha y mtn do dis i rily feel lik weepin wen i discovered it block and i just finish suscribin for a month abeg 1k no b 1kb o
hep out gurus
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by Youngk(m): 7:04am On Jul 19, 2013
is there any other network
one can use ?
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by cos1: 10:37am On Jul 19, 2013
My Mtn bus has also stopped working on my Samsung galaxy. Wanna try Airtel. If yours still working,, what's the trick.
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by ajosh1: 11:39am On Jul 19, 2013
Its still going. Its what I'm using right now but its just a bit more stupid now.
If you are using an android phone it would be easier to get it done.

Just change your network to GSM only.

This would change your browsing network to EDGE (which is slow like sh*t, especially if u r already used to H or 3G).

But it’ll work this way.

I think they changed some protocol to make it work only with EDGE. I'm so sorry for MTN Blackberry Subscribers who are now forced to browse with EDGE speed without their knowledge.

Let see how long this foolish move by MTN would last

1 Like

Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by Ladokun12(m): 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2013
help out o pls d tin don stop work jor
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by fargshed: 8:06am On Jul 20, 2013
please pals, ur helps are urgently needed, I subscribed last two weeks on mtn bis, but they block the sun I know I.e. blackberry. net that is know. old help me :-Xplease pals, ur helps are urgently needed, I subscribed last two weeks on mtn bis, but they block the sun I know I.e. blackberry. net that is know. old help me
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by ogideon(m): 10:17am On Jul 20, 2013
a'josh, pls enlighten me. my MTN BBC stopped working just yesterday on my phantom f7 and I just subscribed a few days ago. Tnx in anticipation.
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by Nobody: 11:41am On Jul 20, 2013
My mtn worked this morning on 3g....only for me to turn off data to make my phone charge faster then it stopped working after I turn data on... Right now edge is working though...
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by EmmyDe25(m): 8:52am On Jul 21, 2013
ogideon: a'josh, pls enlighten me. my MTN BBC stopped working just yesterday on my phantom f7 and I just subscribed a few days ago. Tnx in anticipation.
Stopped the exact day i subscribed. The most painful part is that i subscribed with the last cash i had. Now my Nokia C2 that i hitherto give less attention has bcome more valuable in the hand than my android device. Misplacing the money would have been way better than dashing the good for nothing MTN my hard earned 1k.
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by obayaya(m): 2:00pm On Jul 21, 2013
mtn has blocked the cheat. but you can still use it along with a vpn service.. I used Droidvpn for my Android
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by scavenger21k: 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2013
Shea droid VPN only works for rooted android
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by Nobody: 3:20am On Jul 22, 2013
Pls, if u want to upgrade ur DroidVpn account for unlimited downloads with MTN bis, feel free to contact me, then I wil tell u how to pay... exxell89@yahoo.com
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by maquiserandy: 8:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
Pls I av subscribe since on saturday,till na I can't make use of it,my own still do show H,does it still work with orbot and duffin browser? Pls help
Re: Help with Mtn Bis On Android by jack3nity: 8:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
b0y:

I'm curious too, did mine last 9t. I surfed all thru d 9t but this mornin, i haven't been able to. I'm hoping its just a network glitch sha
Mine worked too but stopped this morning but mtn is soooo annoying we paid for it but y block it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hot!: Glo 1.2GB For N200 Valid For 3days / 6 Things You Have Forgotten How To Do Because Of Your Phone / Palaces You Should Never Keep Your Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.