Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,834 members, 7,813,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Placenta And Ethnics - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Placenta And Ethnics (1590 Views)

/ Where Was Your Placenta Buried? / The Nigeria Peoples, Ethnics And Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Placenta And Ethnics by Vidamia(m): 8:14am On Apr 25, 2013
I've been wondering my mind on the issue of placenta adn the ways ethnics or countries deal with it. In yoruba culture, we refer to it as (ibi) which yoruba adage says : ojo ti a ba ri ibi ni ibi wole. Which means that we bury placenta the day we see it. But it is contrary to cotonou's people culture because they ain't bury the placenta. What they do is that they'll leave it in their room for it to decay nad pour palm oil on it nad they will use it as a cream or lotion for the baby........... So i wanna other etnic or other country culture on this placenta
Re: Placenta And Ethnics by splashbaby(m): 8:34am On Apr 25, 2013
Placenta lotion?
Re: Placenta And Ethnics by Evestar200(f): 10:27am On Apr 25, 2013
No need to comment cuz me nor knw how them dy call placenta 4 my language
Re: Placenta And Ethnics by Nobody: 5:51am On Apr 26, 2013
im not sure where i saw this...but this native american (or was she hispanic? lol) woman gave birth to a baby and her mother requested that the hospital would allow her to have the placenta.

she explained that what they do is bury the placenta and plant a tree on top of it.
apparently it's been done throughout the generations...something about the baby and nature being "one"...i'm not sure where i saw this though. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Olokun Song From The Decendants Of Carribean Slaves / African Folks Songs / Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria – See Who Is Number. 1 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.