Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,139 members, 7,953,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:43 PM

Where Was Your Placenta Buried? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Where Was Your Placenta Buried? (3026 Views)

Man Killed By Lightning In Kwara Buried In Pigs Blood, Corpse Exhumed. Photos / A Child's Legs Buried In Benue Over His Inability To Walk As At When Due (Pics) / (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Was Your Placenta Buried? by wengerjay(m): 8:03am On Aug 20, 2015
Placenta is an organ that connects the developing fetus to the uterine wall to allow nutrients uptake, waste elimination and gas exchange via mother blood supply, fight against internal infection and produce hormones to support pregnancy.
After delivery of placenta, it's become a norm in Africa that it must be buried. A small hole is dug With the placenta buried. I don't really know what it's obtainable in other parts of the world but in Africa, especially Yoruba culture, the organ must not be disposed indiscriminately.
The, 'burial' point is always made secret because the belief is that your enemy can diabolically harm you once he knows where your placenta was buried.
Have you ever asked your parents where your placenta was buried out of curiosity? Or What happens to placenta after delivery in the part of the country you come from?

Re: Where Was Your Placenta Buried? by bensonlee770: 8:08am On Aug 20, 2015
I am calling my mother right away to know
Re: Where Was Your Placenta Buried? by FruityLass: 8:25am On Aug 20, 2015
Was told if peradventure a dog eats the placenta of a new born baby..he/she later will be so promiscous.

Is this fable true?
Re: Where Was Your Placenta Buried? by retepmurt(m): 8:25am On Aug 20, 2015
Culturally, the placenta is always handed over to the Father of the newborn for disposal. And most of the time, it's buried.
Re: Where Was Your Placenta Buried? by adellam16(f): 8:47pm On Oct 24, 2015
Why would u ask such a question? Dats bad of u. It should not be told to anyone for security reasons. If u knw were urs was buried keep it a secret. U shuldnt b asking or telling such. Jeez
Re: Where Was Your Placenta Buried? by tpiah11: 9:50pm On Oct 24, 2015
Re: Where Was Your Placenta Buried? by JudgementHammer: 11:45pm On Oct 24, 2015
Many ppl dey waste d best asset for money ritual. I no knw why dem waste my own sef. Dem 4 use am do money juju 4 me. I suppose be millionaire now o.

2 Likes

Re: Where Was Your Placenta Buried? by tpiar: 11:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
Re: Where Was Your Placenta Buried? by scholes0(m): 4:46am On Feb 27, 2016
shocked
Re: Where Was Your Placenta Buried? by wengerjay(m): 9:12am On Feb 28, 2016
Money rituals?
Re: Where Was Your Placenta Buried? by Raydos: 1:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
How Am I Gonna Tell People That My Placenta Was Buried In The Construction Site Of Eko-Atlantic!
Re: Where Was Your Placenta Buried? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
The belief is superstitious but interesting.

When people in other parts of the world are tapping stem cells for organ production and regenration, we're still worried about where our was buries and how abdog must not eat it.

Lalastica and ishilove can push this out for interseting views, previews, reviews and overviews.
Thanks
Re: Where Was Your Placenta Buried? by nlPoster: 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2020
Raydos:
How Am I Gonna Tell People That My Placenta Was Buried In The Construction Site Of Eko-Atlantic!

Does that mean you're going to be rich?

btw, you know people could start rushing to bury or dig up placentas there now.
Re: Where Was Your Placenta Buried? by nlPoster: 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2020
Re: Where Was Your Placenta Buried? by NobleAngell(f): 5:21pm On Mar 08, 2020
Raydos:
Pls don't tell them, OK? Smart boy.

(1) (Reply)

Traditional Wrapper: How Rivers Women Preserved This Heritage / 加速主义作为一种政治倾向 / The Solomonic Dynasty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.