Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? (24993 Views)

Who Wanna Go Against The Best Rapper Here...beefing Tinz / WHO IS THE FIRST HIP HOP RAPPER IN NIGERIA? / Who Do Regard As The Biggest Rapper In 9ja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by lumeviews: 11:13pm On Apr 25, 2013
Check out the top 10 list of best rappers in Nigeria in our opinion

1. Modenine
2. M.I
3. Ice Prince
4. Sauce Kid
5. 2 Shotz
6. Vector
7. Naeto C
8. OD
9. Terry Da Rapman
10. Ruggedman

Visit http://www.lumeviews.com/2013/02/23/who-is-the-best-rapper-in-nigeria/ for our reasons.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by tinuolababy(f): 11:15pm On Apr 25, 2013
M.I
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by sheedy407(m): 11:22pm On Apr 25, 2013
A starmarer
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by badmeat(m): 11:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
MI

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by pheyikemi: 1:05am On Apr 26, 2013
M.I

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by ojoawo(m): 10:28am On Apr 26, 2013
The top 10
1. M.I
1. Modenine
(This two cannot be seperated as Modey is the king of straight down hiphop and Jude makes the perfect balance of all form of rap)
3. Vector
4. Iceprince
5. Olamide
6. Sinzu (Saucekid)
7. Eva Alordiah
8.NaetoC ( I dunno what peeps got against him but he spit dopeness like no other)
9. Terry tha Rapman
10. illbliss

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by lumeviews: 10:31am On Apr 26, 2013
Eva doesn't have enough songs to be rated a top 10 rapper in Nigeria. Matter of fact after hearing Splash' "Church Agbasa", I'm starting to feel she raps better than every female MC in Nigeria.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by Dfrenzy(m): 1:24pm On Apr 26, 2013
Mi and Phenon
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by ojoawo(m): 1:07am On Apr 27, 2013
lumeviews: Eva doesn't have enough songs to be rated a top 10 rapper in Nigeria. Matter of fact after hearing Splash' "Church Agbasa", I'm starting to feel she raps better than every female MC in Nigeria.

Eva has a mixtape and lots of singles and collabs not forgetting the awards and nominations she's got already without an album....
That wizkid lookalike splash to eva is a far comparison... And by ur judging standards, she doesn't have enough songs to be rated at all....

Really just go lsiten to eva and you'll understand why she's rightly on the list
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by crizzy(m): 5:43pm On Apr 27, 2013
1. Vector
2. Modenine
3. MI
4. XO senavoe
5. Phenom
6. Ice prince
7. Sinzu
8. Naeto C
9. EVA
10. Illbliss/phyno/yung6ix
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by Rapmaestro(m): 5:51pm On Apr 27, 2013
crizzy: 1. Vector
2. Modenine
3. MI
4. XO senavoe
5. Phenom
6. Ice prince
7. Sinzu
8. Naeto C
9. EVA
10. Illbliss/phyno/yung6ix
ur own name no dey among?
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by lumeviews: 11:08pm On Apr 28, 2013
ojoawo:

Eva has a mixtape and lots of singles and collabs not forgetting the awards and nominations she's got already without an album....
That wizkid lookalike splash to eva is a far comparison... And by ur judging standards, she doesn't have enough songs to be rated at all....

Really just go lsiten to eva and you'll understand why she's rightly on the list

Maybe she's that good. I find it difficult to see a material of hers. One thing I know she does have, is good delivery.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by IAmBhijay(m): 5:43pm On May 05, 2013
In my own opinion, its
1. Modenine
2. M.I
3. Vector
4. Ice prince
5. Terry da rapman
6. Phenom
7. Naeto C
8. Ill bliss
9. Olamide
10. Skales.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2013
I Am Bhijay: In my own opinion, its
1. Modenine
2. M.I
3. Vector
4. Ice prince
5. Terry da rapman
6. Phenom
7. Naeto C
8. Ill bliss
9. Olamide
10. Skales.

Skales is wack!!! Sauce Kid should at least be on your list.
Re: Who Is The Best Rapper In Nigeria? by lumeviewscom: 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2013
lumeviews: Check out the top 10 best rappers in Nigeria:

(1) MODENINE

One of Nigeria’s top rappers for more than a decade now, released his first album Malcolm IX in 2004.
He pioneered the ”Underground Hip Hop” tag for a long time and has hit songs which includes ”
Africa, Cry, Elbow Room, It’s About To Get Ugly, Rock On, Pain, 419 State of Mind,
Lagos State of Mind & Fellow Nigerians, just to name a few.

He is known for his raw delivery, conscious lyrics, battle raps, metaphors & similes. His style is similar
to one of Hip Hop’s legends KRS One. He epitomises underground Hip Hop in Nigeria.
He scaled the heights after hitting the limelight with mega smash hit ”Cry” from the album
”E Pluribus Unum”.

Top Songs: Cry, Africa & Lagos State Of Mind.

Flops: Oga, Okokomaiko & Fiyah Burn

Criticism: Too much similes on a track which makes it lose it’s subject matter, loud unpleasant delivery
& on rare occasions poor beat selection.

(2) M.I

Mr Incredible, Nigeria’s accclaimed ”Rap Messiah”, dropped his EP ”Illegal Music” in 2009, after
which he exploded onto the music scene with the amazing album ”Talk About It” and has hit songs which
includes Teaser, Talk About It, Area, Fast Money Fast Cars, Money, Nobody & Action Film, just to name a few.

He is known for his husky delivery, multisyllabic rhymes, metaphors & has the tendency to sing. His style is
similar to Lil’ Wayne & Kanye West. He is one of the leaders of today’s new school Hip Hop in Nigeria.
The song ”Safe” from the album ”Talk About It” brought him to the limelight.

Top Songs: Nobody, Teaser & Money.

Flops: Craze, Seven Days & My Head My Belle.

Criticism: Tries too hard to rhyme so he ends up saying non-existing words, he isn’t a spectacular singer and
should stick to just rapping.

Visit WHO IS THE BEST RAPPER IN NIGERIA? for our complete list reasons.

(1) (Reply)

SAURON ADMITS BITING. EXPOSED BY OYINDA. BEGS NAIRALAND FOR FORGIVENESS .COME IN / Rap Tournament: Greatest Rapper On Nairaland / Greatest Rapper On Nairaland Volume Two(group Tournament)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.