Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,470 members, 7,770,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:07 AM

The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) (17340 Views)

A Nairalander With KIPTON & SHARIBUTA Lagos Marathon Race WINNERS / #lagosmarathon: Abraham Kator Of Kenya Wins Lagos Marathon 2016 (photos) / First Pictures From Access Lagos Marathon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 26, 2013
Africans are Good People.

This Kenyan elite runner tries to pass water to the dehydrated & physically challenged Chinese runner she saw suffering. This delayed er for some time and instead of coming 1st she came 2nd., also losing 10,000 USD from the Prize Money.

Does kindness & unselfishness come better tan this? What do you all think?

http://kwajay..com/2013/04/beleive-me-africans-are-good-people.html

11 Likes

Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 26, 2013
NIce One
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by wellmax(m): 10:03am On Apr 26, 2013
Whao what a nice action by the Kenyan.

BTW I'm STC grin
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by sean079: 10:04am On Apr 26, 2013
ope ohhhhhhhhh
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by Tolexander: 10:05am On Apr 26, 2013
She really tried, to be very sincere. Cos when i tried imagining what i would do if i was the lady.
Something came to my mind, and that is finishing the race as the winner and going back to the chinese to give her part of the $10,000 forfeited.

It takes a great emotional and material sacrifice to be nice.

2 Likes

Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by Ikwikwikwi(m): 10:07am On Apr 26, 2013
That is the African spirit, we can give to the world, but the world do not want us because of our color . We will continue to give them, as long as we are Africa.

9 Likes

Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by sexymoma(f): 10:07am On Apr 26, 2013
I wonda if d white pple can bahhve lyk dis, yet we still dey follow follow dem, chinko for dat mata. Africans are free hearted

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by churific(m): 10:08am On Apr 26, 2013
"Instead of coming first, she came second?" Please provide the source for that.

I'm pretty sure you added that part for the dramatic effect. Good person or not, if the finish line was that close and first place in sight, she could've finished the race then offered the water.
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by Nobody: 10:09am On Apr 26, 2013
The good of africans persistently exist but are hardly noticed
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by nifemi25(m): 10:10am On Apr 26, 2013
That's good for her, no nigerian guy ώĩℓℓ do this especially when monez is involved.
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by RAHE3M(m): 10:10am On Apr 26, 2013
seeing pictures like this makes me proud to be african, other than the 'make-belief' image the foreigners depict about us
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by gramci: 10:11am On Apr 26, 2013
Ikwikwikwi: That is the African spirit, we can give to the world, but the world do not want us because of our color . We will continue to give them, as long as we are Africa.

The world needs our a.s.s to bang
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by outrage: 10:13am On Apr 26, 2013
[size=13pt]enough is enough we give to this people and they keep collecting and giving nothing in return. lets help our fellow Africans and leave this white people[/size]

she did a nice thing sha
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by Scarpon(m): 10:15am On Apr 26, 2013
it's called love

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by mankand(m): 10:16am On Apr 26, 2013
I am proud to be an African. Thanks for doing us proud
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by gerrardomendes(m): 10:17am On Apr 26, 2013
she must be a christian lyk me. but she no 4 waste so much tyme.
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 26, 2013
I call it stupidity! Your eye should always be on the Goal and Gold irrespective of any Chinese Distraction. We have medics on the field, and their job includes hydrating the dehydrated. I do not see this as anything worth commendation but something worth condemnation. Eyes must always be on Goal and Gold, no distractions whatsoever should take anyone from focus! Africa needs reorientation on the mechanisms of winning! You win first, before doing Charity!

4 Likes

Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by kenksD(f): 10:25am On Apr 26, 2013
Everything is not about money or the prize attached from men. What is most important is the kind of life you lived, the help you rendered and the manners and ways you affect humanity will go a long way to give you the utmost joy and success in life. What she did is actually more than the $10,000 lost. It is an act to humanity

4 Likes

Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 26, 2013
Nice help__I could have done such too___The Kenyan runner should be Given atleast a prize for humanity!
IMO
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by lonelydora: 10:28am On Apr 26, 2013
Later, they will call us Black monkey, bloody racist.

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by tspun(m): 10:29am On Apr 26, 2013
dis is madness not kindness. U r almost there to please millions of pple from ur country instead u waste d chance to pls just one person. Wen africa go learn how to treat does foreigners d way they treat us.

1 Like

Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by tellwisdom: 10:32am On Apr 26, 2013
undecided
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 26, 2013
it's good to be kind, but not in this scenario.

she didn't win the star price, and the dehydrated runner didn't either.

what a beautiful distraction.
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:33am On Apr 26, 2013
Nice thing to do. But will she do that if she's close to the finish line?
Hell No!
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by Charlesnerd: 10:36am On Apr 26, 2013
Billyonaire: I call it stupidity! Your eye should always be on the Goal and Gold irrespective of any Chinese Distraction. We have medics on the field, and their job includes hydrating the dehydrated. I do not see this as anything worth commendation but something worth condemnation. Eyes must always be on Goal and Gold, no distractions whatsoever should take anyone from focus! Africa needs reorientation on the mechanisms of winning! You win first, before doing Charity!

You sound like a ruthless businessman..Life is not all about winning anyway...
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by toluleke(m): 10:37am On Apr 26, 2013
am sure she won't do dat for a fellow black,goldie made dat same mistake.y wod i do dat?av u 4gotn d story of ten foolish virgins,imagine one has given out her oil to another.BLACKS WE NEED TO FOCUS.SHE LACKS FOCUS
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by gramci: 10:38am On Apr 26, 2013
Billyonaire: I call it stupidity! Your eye should always be on the Goal and Gold irrespective of any Chinese Distraction. We have medics on the field, and their job includes hydrating the dehydrated. I do not see this as anything worth commendation but something worth condemnation. Eyes must always be on Goal and Gold, no distractions whatsoever should take anyone from focus! Africa needs reorientation on the mechanisms of winning! You win first, before doing Charity!

God bless you
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by chii8(f): 10:39am On Apr 26, 2013
All of u accusn d kenyan,wat if she finishes d race before giving water,but only to turn n c d chinese slumpn dead there,dnt u all think grief wl hold her 4 d rest of her lyf,she really did a good thing although it wl be a tough decision for her

2 Likes

Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by toluleke(m): 10:39am On Apr 26, 2013
Charles.nerd:

then life is all about losing
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 26, 2013
angry yea, and she probably delayed the chinese too. Did he beg her for water? so why the busy body? Eye service. Probably spilled the water all over. She for kuku stop him, sit down, and have a picnic while at it.
Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 26, 2013
Charles.nerd:

Life is about winning, that is it. If you find yourself on the marathon race, the focus is to run and win the race, NOT Charity. Watch the Billionaires of this life, they only start charity after winning a race. It is time more people get educated on priority, the priority was to win the race, that Chinese would not be dead without water, he would have survived. But she stupidly lost the Goal and Gold cos she fell for that weakness of another man. This, to me is a losing distraction. Focus is what makes any man great.

3 Likes

Re: The Spirit Of Marathon Running (Pic) by greall1: 10:44am On Apr 26, 2013
But the Chinese man no suppose to allow to participate in dis kind of race because he is handicap man

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top Ten Defenders In Nigerian Professional Football League / Nigeria Professional Football League Table After Week 8 Sunday Games / Lewandowski Wins German Player Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.