Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Contra Bibliolatreia III - KJV Matter - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contra Bibliolatreia III - KJV Matter (585 Views)

Why Kjv Is The Real Bible And Niv, Esv, Nlt And Rest Are Corrupted / Extremely Brilliant Bible Phrases Proving The Kjv Is A Work Of Art / The KJV Only Cult (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Contra Bibliolatreia III - KJV Matter by PastorAIO: 1:42pm On Apr 26, 2013
I once posted this video of a bbc documentary on NL somewhere, but unfortunately those who were not living in britain could not access it. Well I've found the documentary on youtube so everybody can watch it now.

It's about how the KJV came to be produced and all the political machinations that led up to it. The fact is that the puritan movement was threatening the stability of the Kingdom. Indeed there was a strong religious element to the eventual English civil war, but that is a later story. The KJV was made as an attempt to calm the puritans down while not really allowing them any real concessions. In other words, the motivation for the KJV was very Political.

Interesting moments I'd like to point out are 1) Around 17:00 mention is made of the seditious nature of Tyndale's translation of the bible. Of course the KJV is based mostly on Tyndale.

2) at 24:37 mention is made of the rules for translation being handed down from Royal officials.

3) at around 37:00 the narrator himself says that there is no doubt that the making of the KJV was a political project.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yalVKnNMbKM
Re: Contra Bibliolatreia III - KJV Matter by PastorAIO: 1:51pm On Apr 26, 2013
Having seen that let's look at this dude, and I ask, dumbfoundly, 'how can people be so funny?' Quoting the Wallstreet journal to buttress his point at 10:25. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaV__tOq2-c
Re: Contra Bibliolatreia III - KJV Matter by plaetton: 2:22pm On Apr 26, 2013
LMAO. shocked

Bible wars !

It is no longer " my holy book is truer than your holy book".
It is now " my bible version is true than your bible version"

Hip hip hurray for the schizophrenic words of god!

(1) (Reply)

What Would It Take An Atheist To Believe In Yahweh? The True Answer...... / Satan's Strategy Against Humanity / A Must Read For All Christian And Muslim....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.