Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,036 members, 7,821,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

A Nairalander Poses With His Dog - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Nairalander Poses With His Dog (884 Views)

Lady Poses For Picture In Deep Flood (Edo State) / Why Is The Latest Trend On Nairaland ''a Nairalander Poses With.....'' ? / Cute! This Boy And His Dog Are Inseparable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Poses With His Dog by thelonestranger: 1:04pm On Apr 27, 2013
In support of the new excitement which has come to be headlined as follows:"Nairalander poses with etc etc etc " , I hereby submit a picture which I took with my dog who featured in a film by Tunde Kelani. Bingo could be found crossing the road in about the 20th minute of the film Arugba. Thank you for appreciating.here is the pix

Re: A Nairalander Poses With His Dog by thelonestranger: 1:08pm On Apr 27, 2013
Front page please
Re: A Nairalander Poses With His Dog by ichommy(m): 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
thelonestranger: Front page please
front wetin? Hehe See film o
Re: A Nairalander Poses With His Dog by thelonestranger: 4:21pm On Apr 27, 2013
ichommy:
front wetin? Hehe See film o
Bad belle. Mtchew LOL SMH (and so on...)
Re: A Nairalander Poses With His Dog by kponkedenge(m): 12:32am On Apr 28, 2013
Which one is d nairalander n which one is d dog? angry
Re: A Nairalander Poses With His Dog by dasparrow: 10:09pm On Apr 28, 2013
kponke denge: Which one is d nairalander n which one is d dog? angry

LOL, good question. The picture looks like something that was randomly taken from the internet.

@Post

On a side note OP, you can start a thread where Nairalanders can post pictures of themselves with their dogs.
Re: A Nairalander Poses With His Dog by thelonestranger: 10:58pm On Apr 28, 2013
dasparrow:

LOL, good question. The picture looks like something that was randomly taken from the internet.

@Post

On a side note OP, you can start a thread where Nairalanders can post pictures of themselves with their dogs.
Fvck dogs.. I hate dogs. I want to kill the one next door which keeps me awake all night,Craazy animal.
God punish dogs
Re: A Nairalander Poses With His Dog by dasparrow: 8:32pm On Apr 29, 2013
thelonestranger:
Fvck dogs.. I hate dogs. I want to kill the one next door which keeps me awake all night,Craazy animal.
God punish dogs

Haba! Take it easy now. All dogs are not bad. You need to see how dogs help in law enforcement or in rescue missions during natural disasters or attacks like the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New York, USA. You need to see dogs keep the elderly people who are alone company or therapy dogs who bring the terminally ill in the hospital some comfort. White people know how to put these intelligent, loyal animals to good use.

Truth of the matter is, Nigeria is not a society that is passionate about animals and their well being. The same way many Nigerian parents are not compassionate towards their kids but rather treat them with a lot of aggression and constant flogging all in the name of discipline.

Your neighbor's dog keeps barking because it has not been properly trained by its owner. The dog is not well socialized and probably neglected by being tied outside all day or left alone in his kennel all day. Dogs are social creatures who descended from wolves and wolves move in packs or groups if you will. Therefore, dogs want to be part of the family and not isolated like most Nigerian dog owners treat them. I feel sorry for animals in Nigeria just like I feel sorry for most children in Nigeria as well because the society has seemingly no compassion for them.

Your neighbor too is selfish for allowing his dog disturb you and probably the other neighbors but it all boils down to the fact that as Nigerians, we are too self centered. We don't care if our actions inconvenience other people. The same way we build churches and mosques in residential areas and attach loud speakers to them not minding that they might be a sick person at home that may need some peace and quite and would not appreciate the loud noise coming from those speakers. If it were in the western world, other neighbors will call the police on your dog-owning neighbor for constituting a nuisance and the police will take that dog from him if he cannot quiet down the dog. However, in Nigeria, anything and everything goes because there is no accountability.

I feel sorry for your plight. Hope your neighbor grows a brain and does the right thing so there will be peace in your neighborhood or compound.
Re: A Nairalander Poses With His Dog by thelonestranger: 9:22pm On Apr 29, 2013
dasparrow:

Haba! Take it easy now. All dogs are not bad. You need to see how dogs help in law enforcement or in rescue missions during natural disasters or attacks like the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New York, USA. You need to see dogs keep the elderly people who are alone company or therapy dogs who bring the terminally ill in the hospital some comfort. White people know how to put these intelligent, loyal animals to good use.

Truth of the matter is, Nigeria is not a society that is passionate about animals and their well being. The same way many Nigerian parents are not compassionate towards their kids but rather treat them with a lot of aggression and constant flogging all in the name of discipline.

Your neighbor's dog keeps barking because it has not been properly trained by its owner. The dog is not well socialized and probably neglected by being tied outside all day or left alone in his kennel all day. Dogs are social creatures who descended from wolves and wolves move in packs or groups if you will. Therefore, dogs want to be part of the family and not isolated like most Nigerian dog owners treat them. I feel sorry for animals in Nigeria just like I feel sorry for most children in Nigeria as well because the society has seemingly no compassion for them.

Your neighbor too is selfish for allowing his dog disturb you and probably the other neighbors but it all boils down to the fact that as Nigerians, we are too self centered. We don't care if our actions inconvenience other people. The same way we build churches and mosques in residential areas and attach loud speakers to them not minding that they might be a sick person at home that may need some peace and quite and would not appreciate the loud noise coming from those speakers. If it were in the western world, other neighbors will call the police on your dog-owning neighbor for constituting a nuisance and the police will take that dog from him if he cannot quiet down the dog. However, in Nigeria, anything and everything goes because there is no accountability.

I feel sorry for your plight. Hope your neighbor grows a brain and does the right thing so there will be peace in your neighborhood or compound.
Thank you sir. I reported this problem in another thread and people said I am evil https://www.nairaland.com/1265656/how-kill-dog
And just as you said someone said if I don't like the situation I should buy my own dog. Quite like if the church next door is disturbing you go build your own church... and soon the entire country becomes a huge madhouse.

(1) (Reply)

Oluwaseun Osewa Deserves An Award...? / OLX Celebrates 200,000 Facebook Fans / A Nigerian Woman Who Faked Harvard University.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.