Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

African Genetics Thread (E Haplogroup) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Genetics Thread (E Haplogroup) (15440 Views)

Somali Genetics / J Haplogroup Exposed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Genetics Thread (E Haplogroup) by BlackKenichi(m): 12:44am On Aug 14, 2013
Re: African Genetics Thread (E Haplogroup) by RandomAfricanAm: 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
*Kails*:

Lol u dont have to explain anything dear. Do ur thing. I dont come in this section anymore anyway. But when u come back, slide through so we can have a few debates and chop it up a bit. smiley i would love to finish whee we picked off....

u too @ kid.

Considering I explicitly said "Further reply incoming..." I feel I should say something. Well, unless it was "incoming" from mars or something. Also I don't want the topic to drop off. I wanted to get back to this line of thought along with a tread phyicsQED & pleep were discussing about Jews, intelligence, and DNA. I feel people put to much stock in attempting to match character traits and DNA without focusing on the memes that are passed on.

Quick example:
My white friend has a trust fund through his parents. I don't.
He doesn't have a trust fund because his parents inherited good genes.
He has a trust fund because his parents inherited money investment tactics/literacy from their lawyer parents.
While my grandparents(moms side) were share croppers. Dads' side owned a bunch of homes so I did get that much.

This goes of into the topic of The difference between what's "genetically determined" V.S "heritable"
IE...
If this seems unintelligible, think of it this way: variation in these environmental properties is in part due to variation in heritable characteristics of the child, and so the environmental characteristics themselves are heritable. Readers of The Bell Curve often suppose that a heritable characteristic is one that is passed down in the genes, but this identification is importantly flawed. The number and variety of a child's toys is not passed down in the genes. Heritability is a matter of the causation of differences, not what is "passed down" ....

How Heritability Misleads about Race

Ned Block
Department of Philosophy
NYU

Bla bla bla ...bla bla bla. basicly stuff(both the topics that I was talking to you about and the one about intelligence & DNA) I don't have time for right now but definitely feel it's worth talking about. I didn't forget about cha wink kiss tongue
Re: African Genetics Thread (E Haplogroup) by Nobody: 6:02am On Oct 27, 2015
all West Africans and Bantus in Africa that have E1B1A are the Real Hebrew Israelites in the Bible. we came from Israel. please click to this Facebook page :- https://m.facebook.com/e1b1ahaplogroupnation?__tn__=C . ask the Genetics Doctor, he will explain everything to you all . Shalom
Re: African Genetics Thread (E Haplogroup) by BlackKenichi(m): 1:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
Akpobaro:
all West Africans and Bantus in Africa that have E1B1A are the Real Hebrew Israelites in the Bible. we came from Israel. please click to this Facebook page :- https://m.facebook.com/e1b1ahaplogroupnation?__tn__=C . ask the Genetics Doctor, he will explain everything to you all . Shalom
Preach that BS somewhere else. You guys know nothing about genetics or history!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Idea Of A Strong Black Woman / Top 4 Richest Tribes In Nigeria / Raising Your Children The Nigerian Way When Married To A Foreigner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.