Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,649 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Pls Can Somebodi Advice Me On How To Write Visa Refusal Appeal Letter To Austria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pls Can Somebodi Advice Me On How To Write Visa Refusal Appeal Letter To Austria (2810 Views)

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application / S'African Police Invade Nigerian Embassy Over Visa Refusal To South Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Can Somebodi Advice Me On How To Write Visa Refusal Appeal Letter To Austria by mreyosi: 6:48pm On Apr 27, 2013
I am going to represent my organization at UN event in Vienna. next month. but i got denied dis week Wednesday 24/04/2013 and i was asked to provide a responding statement either personally or in written form send by email, including appropriate documentation withing 7 days or receipt of this letter.

Reasons for rejecting visa are:

1. you have not provided proof of sufficient means of subsistence for the duration of the intended stay or for the return to the country of origin or residence or for the transit to a third country into which you are certain to be admitted or you are not in position to acquire such means lawfully
2. The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and condition of the intended stay was not reliable.

3. Your intention to leave the territory of the member state before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.

NOTE: who should write the appeal letter, myself or my organization?
Re: Pls Can Somebodi Advice Me On How To Write Visa Refusal Appeal Letter To Austria by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 27, 2013
Can you list out the documents that you used in applying for the visa initially`? and how much you have for your trip too
Re: Pls Can Somebodi Advice Me On How To Write Visa Refusal Appeal Letter To Austria by justwise(m): 7:24pm On Apr 27, 2013
mreyosi: I am going to represent my organization at UN event in Vienna. next month. but i got denied dis week Wednesday 24/04/2013 and i was asked to provide a responding statement either personally or in written form send by email, including appropriate documentation withing 7 days or receipt of this letter.

1. you have not provided proof of sufficient means of subsistence for the duration of the intended stay or for the return to the country of origin or residence or for the transit to a third country into which you are certain to be admitted or you are not in position to acquire such means lawfully
2. The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and condition of the intended stay was not reliable.

3. Your intention to leave the territory of the member state before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.

Your organisation. You are going to represent them and they will appeal the refusal on your behalf.

1 Like

Re: Pls Can Somebodi Advice Me On How To Write Visa Refusal Appeal Letter To Austria by mreyosi: 10:15pm On Apr 27, 2013
flight reservation,
pay slip,
organization bank statement wit closing balance 8m and sponsorship letter.
my personal statement wit 450k,
invitation letter from United nations.
United nations hotel booking.
introduction letter for me,
and other previous documents sent by UN to my organization, that carry our status wit UN.

NOTE: at the end of my interview on last week Monday, the visa officer asked me to pls submit confirmation of payment for my accommodation in Austria within 14 days.......which i did. the day i traveled to Austrian embassy in abuja to submit the hotel payment confirmation, infront of their embassy i received call from the embassy that my document is ready for pick up....and when i went inside to meet with visa officer, he collected the additional document and instead of giving my PP and other documents, he did the photo copy of the visa refusal letter and he game me the original.

i dont expect them to reach decision with my visa application, since I've not submit the addition document requested for.
Re: Pls Can Somebodi Advice Me On How To Write Visa Refusal Appeal Letter To Austria by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 28, 2013
from what i can see here, you have no concrete tie to Nigeria and this is the reason why you were denied. No wife, children, business, job, properties etc

And also, how was the history of the money in your personal account? did you just borrowed the money and dump there for visa purposes? 450k is less than 2300 euros, which may be too small in the eyes of the VO. did you wrote any letter concerning the importance of the conference and its benefit to you, or how your contribution would be highly needed? Are you a first time Traveler?

Unfortunately, getting a visa for an average Nigerian is hard, very hard. you need to be extra ordinary in your application to get it. If you appeal without any changes, its high likely you would still be denied again. Unless you are willing to add more evidence of Tie to Nigeria, and reapply again.
Re: Pls Can Somebodi Advice Me On How To Write Visa Refusal Appeal Letter To Austria by justwise(m): 1:41pm On Apr 28, 2013
mreyosi: I am going to represent my organization at UN event in Vienna. next month. but i got denied dis week Wednesday 24/04/2013 and i was asked to provide a responding statement either personally or in written form send by email, including appropriate documentation withing 7 days or receipt of this letter.

mreyosi: flight reservation,
pay slip,
organization bank statement wit closing balance 8m and sponsorship letter.
my personal statement wit 450k,
invitation letter from United nations.
United nations hotel booking.
introduction letter for me,
and other previous documents sent by UN to my organization, that carry our status wit UN.

NOTE: at the end of my interview on last week Monday, the visa officer asked me to pls submit confirmation of payment for my accommodation in Austria within 14 days.......which i did. the day i traveled to Austrian embassy in abuja to submit the hotel payment confirmation, infront of their embassy i received call from the embassy that my document is ready for pick up....and when i went inside to meet with visa officer, he collected the additional document and instead of giving my PP and other documents, he did the photo copy of the visa refusal letter and he game me the original.

i dont expect them to reach decision with my visa application, since I've not submit the addition document requested for.

There is something definitely wrong here, if you are working for a recognized organization, good enough to be invited for a UN conference and you applied for a visa with a UN conference invitation letter with all other documents from your organisation you listed above then i'm shocked that you were refused a visa based on the reasons you stated above.

I'm struggling to believe that.
Re: Pls Can Somebodi Advice Me On How To Write Visa Refusal Appeal Letter To Austria by justwise(m): 1:49pm On Apr 28, 2013
dahonestboss: from what i can see here, you have no concrete tie to Nigeria and this is the reason why you were denied. No wife, children, business, job, properties etc

And also, how was the history of the money in your personal account? did you just borrowed the money and dump there for visa purposes? 450k is less than 2300 euros, which may be too small in the eyes of the VO. did you wrote any letter concerning the importance of the conference and its benefit to you, or how your contribution would be highly needed? Are you a first time Traveler?

Unfortunately, getting a visa for an average Nigerian is hard, very hard. you need to be extra ordinary in your application to get it. If you appeal without any changes, its high likely you would still be denied again. Unless you are willing to add more evidence of Tie to Nigeria, and reapply again.

The bolded part does not really come into picture in this case. He is not going on holiday, he is representing his company, he must be a high ranking employee to be selected to represent his organisation in a conference organised by UN.
..... like i said before, if he works with a recognized organization all he needed to get a visa are: letter from UN, hotel booking, letter from his organisation and maybe his payslip.
Re: Pls Can Somebodi Advice Me On How To Write Visa Refusal Appeal Letter To Austria by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 28, 2013
justwise:

The bolded part does not really come into picture in this case. He is not going on holiday, he is representing his company, he must be a high ranking employee to be selected to represent his organisation in a conference organised by UN.
..... like i said before, if he works with a recognized organization all he needed to get a visa are: letter from UN, hotel booking, letter from his organisation and maybe his payslip.

The first reason for his denial was lack of strong tie to his country of residence. Adding those info would have made him application more stronger and he would likely get the visa
Re: Pls Can Somebodi Advice Me On How To Write Visa Refusal Appeal Letter To Austria by mreyosi: 10:30pm On Apr 28, 2013
You guys are all wonderful for all your positive contributions to make me wins this visa appeal……

I am a first time traveler, though I have Japan visa on my PP, cos I was given Japan visa last October to attend world bank/IMF event in Japan through my organization.

My organization is one of the UN NGO and World bank/IMF civil society teams
The money in my account statement submitted was ok…..all the daily transactions for the whole 3 months showed.
My wedding will comes up by July this year.

They……know that all documents submitted by me was okay……im just looking for away to write the visa appeal letter and win my appeal . pls give me sample of the visa appeal letter…probably…..if you can write any…..i will appreciate it.

(1) (Reply)

Where To Get A Bus Going To Ijebu Ode From Abuja / Man Sneaks Into Airline Plane’s Tyre Compartment / Relocating To Dallas Texas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.